Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Post Op MARIJUANA Users?

I think I waited two weeks, and probably should have waited a little longer. I say that due to the incisions. When you cough that &@$! hurts!!!! lol it's been 8 weeks now and I do it all the time. It does give you the munchies, but I make better choices than before. So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am day 5 post op today and I began smoking on the ride home from the hospital. Couple hits here and there. A blood vessel in my stomach ruptured during the stapling part of the surgery. Well if your stomach pools with blood you become violently ill. Your body's reactions to rid this is to vomit. I awoke vomiting and it was the worst. I was only released last night. Those couple of hits were like hazy pepto bismo fast acting. Better than the 6 anti nausea meds they pumped in me every 2 hrs. I was unable to even finish a 16oz bottle of Water in the hospital and today my first complete day home I drank 72oz Water and made my 63gm Protein goal. And I was still feeling half dead yesterday afternoon. Marijuana is a medical herb. Oh and I'm not on any other pain meds or Tylenol.

I tried to read through this whole 8 page thread but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. My questions is my surgeon made me quit smoking cigs, which was a blessing, but he said it is because what ever is in the cigs that mix with my saliva will cause ulcers. my question is, if you are smoking marijuana weather it be by joint or bowl... will it cause the same reaction? I want to ask my surgeon but I feel like he would just tell me to quit that as well because its "bad". I am willing to quit or take another route like edibles if joints pose just as much of a threat as cigs but I was hoping someone could tell me their experience. Most of the people seem to have the sleeve and you don't have to quit smoking with the sleeve

Thanks for all the info. I have another question. I'm not interested in smoking it, and edibles are out of the question since it sounds like they don't come sugar free. I saw a few people mention vaping it, is that like regular vaping? I've tried vaping (0 nicotine since I'm not a smoker) so I have a vape pen, does it work like that? I made my own vape juice, is there like marijuana oil or something I could put in that and vape that way? Or is pot vaping completely different?

I've found a brand of THC "mints" which are sugar-free. Also, if you find, say, a chocolate bar with a high THC content, the amount of sugar & carbs in the thumbnail-sized piece you eat is nearly negligible.

The canna-liquid you can use with an e-cig is available, but kinda hard to find. You *could* make your own, but it takes a thorough knowledge of decarboxylation and chemistry to make a product that works.

Usually when people talk about vaping, they mean vaporizing the flower - no combustion. I have a portable vaporizer "pen" with interchangeable atomizers for flower, wax, or low-viscosity liquid. If you're interested, just PM and I'll let you know the name brand.

I tried to read through this whole 8 page thread but couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. My questions is my surgeon made me quit smoking cigs, which was a blessing, but he said it is because what ever is in the cigs that mix with my saliva will cause ulcers. my question is, if you are smoking marijuana weather it be by joint or bowl... will it cause the same reaction? I want to ask my surgeon but I feel like he would just tell me to quit that as well because its "bad". I am willing to quit or take another route like edibles if joints pose just as much of a threat as cigs but I was hoping someone could tell me their experience. Most of the people seem to have the sleeve and you don't have to quit smoking with the sleeve

I think it's best avoided. Maybe invest in a good portable vape for flower. You can actually save your vaporized buds and make your own edibles from them, so it's like getting to double-dip!

I've found a brand of THC "mints" which are sugar-free. Also, if you find, say, a chocolate bar with a high THC content, the amount of sugar & carbs in the thumbnail-sized piece you eat is nearly negligible.

Thanks for all the info. I have another question. I'm not interested in smoking it, and edibles are out of the question since it sounds like they don't come sugar free. I saw a few people mention vaping it, is that like regular vaping? I've tried vaping (0 nicotine since I'm not a smoker) so I have a vape pen, does it work like that? I made my own vape juice, is there like marijuana oil or something I could put in that and vape that way? Or is pot vaping completely different?

The canna-liquid you can use with an e-cig is available, but kinda hard to find. You *could* make your own, but it takes a thorough knowledge of decarboxylation and chemistry to make a product that works.

Usually when people talk about vaping, they mean vaporizing the flower - no combustion. I have a portable vaporizer "pen" with interchangeable atomizers for flower, wax, or low-viscosity liquid. If you're interested, just PM and I'll let you know the name brand.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I'm looking for something I can put in an actual vape pen, mixed with a nice smelling and tasting liquid. I can't stand the smell of regular pot, makes me cough and gag. I'm really only willing to give this a try if it doesn't smell or taste like pot.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I'm looking for something I can put in an actual vape pen, mixed with a nice smelling and tasting liquid. I can't stand the smell of regular pot, makes me cough and gag. I'm really only willing to give this a try if it doesn't smell or taste like pot.
I haven't tried smoking post op yet (I'm only 6days) but pre op I smoked out of this vape pen. You buy the battery pack buy itself and the cartridge separately as well. The cartridge has this solid oil like substance with thc and cbd and it screws onto the battery pack and looks like a vape pen. No marijuana smell, though it does have a little smell but nothing too noticeable but definitely doesn't smell like marijuana and it has no taste as well.

@@WitchySar - I know exactly what you mean. Something liquid-y that can be used in a regular 510 style or cartomizer and that doesn't smell/taste like the bud. I just don't care for the taste. I never did find anything. Tried to make my own, but it was too much work, so I just switched to edibles.

@@janedoe92 - I've seen those pre-made oil cartridges, I just wish they sold the bottles to refill your own cartomizer. The product in those is too thick to transfer.

Ah well, these are good problems to have.

This thread has grown! Keep it going....Bump.

I waited bout month before smoking. Yes I get the munchies still. Really got to watch that. You can overeat quickly. Party on. Just watch out for darn munchies

Kat.????????????????????????????????????????

I'm 16 days out and smoke a joint most nights. One night I got back home and has mad munchies buy I just had a little Soup and was fine

Do you have the rny, band or vsg?

Sent from my SM-A300H using the BariatricPal App

Never smoked weed and I'm 70 years old.

Your question is excellent,

No one should be branded in this site as "good" or evil".

Prayers of support.

Same, except I'm 46, never have, have no desire to. But I also have no desire to judge. Some turn to the pharmaceutical world to relieve some issues, some turn to pot...they both have their positives and negatives I'm sure.

But what I will say, most especially to the younger (under 30) crowd is this...in my experience, both in life and work (I'm a nurse), I've known people who were regular to heavy users of cannabis from a young age into middle age and past, whose minds are so messed up it's sad. There are diagnosed psychoses that stem from heavy and/or prolonged use. Is it personal to me? Yes, my oldest sister is one of them. Was smart as a whip growing up, started smoking in her teens, the only time she did not was at 30 when pregnant with her son. She's now 55 years old, and could barely think her way out of a paper bag. Having a conversation with her is painful.

Some will argue pot isn't as dangerous as alcohol, or overindulging in food (in most of our cases), or whatever it is that floats your boat and seemingly makes life easier to get through, and I truly don't know. All I know is what I've witnessed from my sister, others I've known, and from patients, and say what you will now, that you remain productive, and you're totally in control of it, etc, but there is fallout just like any of the other choices. And I'm not talking about people who have gotten in to other "heavy" drugs, but strictly pot use.

Before I get any hate, again, I have no dog in this fight... I believe fully in we all do what we do and so what. Like the post I referred to, I wish nothing but peace and blessings to all, but I've been following this post from the beginning, and had to get that off my chest. I do thank everyone for the honesty and bravery in their posts....it's been very enlightening.

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

My doctors told me absolutely no smoking ever after surgery because I could get a bleeding ulcer so now I am considering not going through with the surgery. She also said I can’t have edibles 😞, is she wrong? Seems looks quite a bit of you have smoked and had edibles after surgery, anyone experience ulcers or any complications?