Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Post Op MARIJUANA Users?

First things first, I am not some lazy stoner with no life, no. I am a very productive medical marijuana user who mainly smokes at night before bed and yes, I have priorities and a life lol.

(sorry I just always get negative feedback, mainly from some family members I told and probably should have never told lol still love em though.)

My questions are, how is your funtion with marijuana after being sleeved/bypassed? Were you able to use it for pain relief/sleep aid directly after surgery? Are you less tolerable? Do you get the "munchies" still? Did you smoke it or take an alternative route?

Just curious, sorry if I offend anyone. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but, I promise I am not a terrible person lol ♡♡♡♡♡

Girl just use search, this thread will turn to hell in

I'm a marijuana user too, girl! And I'm also curious about this! So I support you :)

I haven't talked to him yet, but the guy I buy from had

bariatric surgery a few months ago, so I can talk to him :)

@@VivVsg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm a marijuana user too, girl! And I'm also curious about this! So I support you :)

@@VivVsg

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully someone answers with a bunch of info lol. Just googling doesn't cut it for me. I need people with actual experience ! High five btw :D ♡♡♡

@@VivVsg

Nice to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully someone answers with a bunch of info lol. Just googling doesn't cut it for me. I need people with actual experience ! High five btw :D ♡♡♡

High five!!! Husband and I use it for anxiety and sleep.

I'll message my friend today and let you know what he says!

First things first, I am not some lazy stoner with no life, no. I am a very productive medical marijuana user who mainly smokes at night before bed and yes, I have priorities and a life lol.

(sorry I just always get negative feedback, mainly from some family members I told and probably should have never told lol still love em though.)

My questions are, how is your funtion with marijuana after being sleeved/bypassed? Were you able to use it for pain relief/sleep aid directly after surgery? Are you less tolerable? Do you get the "munchies" still? Did you smoke it or take an alternative route?

Just curious, sorry if I offend anyone. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but, I promise I am not a terrible person lol ♡♡♡♡♡

I'm a light user of medibles. Maybe 2-3 times per month. I'd rather have a few milligrams over a mixed drink any day.

My questions are, how is your funtion with marijuana after being sleeved/bypassed?

The same as before. I just chill at home, do housework, etc. after I take some. My goal is to relax, so "functioning" isn't really what I care about, lol.

Were you able to use it for pain relief/sleep aid directly after surgery?

Since I don't smoke it, I had to wait to use it. I used a tincture about 14 days post-op; I waited until my puree food stage just because.

Are you less tolerable? Do you get the "munchies" still?

Because I use edibles, it's very hard to find sugar-free stuff. I've scoured the Interwebs looking for where along the GI tract THC is absorbed; some say the stomach, some the intestines, others both.

In my opinion, with very limited research, the edibles don't have as intense or as long-lasting effect on me than before the sleeve gastrectomy. I never got the munchies from edibles.

Did you smoke it or take an alternative route?

I find the pleasure from orally ingesting it is superior to smoking it.

Nope you guys sure aren't the only ones. I used to be a stoner. Now for special occasions although I'm all about it's medical uses too.

I'm barely day nine post op though so the thought of smoking hasn't really crossed my mind.

If I had more choices here I'd just buy those little vials of thc oil and drop em on to my tongue.

I'm a light user of medibles. Maybe 2-3 times per month. I'd rather have a few milligrams over a mixed drink any day.

My questions are, how is your funtion with marijuana after being sleeved/bypassed?

The same as before. I just chill at home, do housework, etc. after I take some. My goal is to relax, so "functioning" isn't really what I care about, lol.

Were you able to use it for pain relief/sleep aid directly after surgery?

Since I don't smoke it, I had to wait to use it. I used a tincture about 14 days post-op; I waited until my puree food stage just because.

Are you less tolerable? Do you get the "munchies" still?

Because I use edibles, it's very hard to find sugar-free stuff. I've scoured the Interwebs looking for where along the GI tract THC is absorbed; some say the stomach, some the intestines, others both.

In my opinion, with very limited research, the edibles don't have as intense or as long-lasting effect on me than before the sleeve gastrectomy. I never got the munchies from edibles.

Did you smoke it or take an alternative route?

I find the pleasure from orally ingesting it is superior to smoking it.

I also enjoy edibles so I will take it into consideration to take it during the soft foods stage. The smokimg will most likely have to wait because I am nervous about coughing with a brand new sleeve but lets see if others reply who smoked right after. Thank you !! :)

Nope you guys sure aren't the only ones. I used to be a stoner. Now for special occasions although I'm all about it's medical uses too.

I'm barely day nine post op though so the thought of smoking hasn't really crossed my mind.

If I had more choices here I'd just buy those little vials of thc oil and drop em on to my tongue.

Good idea! I need to find a dispensery near me that has it. I've never tried it.

Should your initial post have been posted 5 minutes later? :)

I am in the exact same situation. I am 15 days post op and I smoked last night. I had not eaten dinner yet and actually I had eaten very little all day, other than Protein shakes and Water. So when I got home I had some Soup. I ate half the can way more than I have eaten yet. Today I was thinking I was ready to buy some to have at home but I didn't bc of the munchies. I want my surgery to be successful and it really frustrates me that smoking isn't really good for my diet. Hopefully that will change bc I miss smoking.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App