Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year, New Start Challenge- OFFICIAL thread

Stats from my hospital bed (going home in half an hour!), had a stricture and dehydration fix. Was in the hospital since Thursday getting so many iv bags!

HW 253?

SW 228.8 RNY Nov 21st

CW 214.5 BMI 34.9

As I finally am able to drink and eat more, I might actually reach my liquid goal one of these days. My progress has been slow, but I'm hoping it will pick up with some increase in Protein. Now that I can eat some!

Nilla

Today I'm 210.1 lbs. Slow, but steady, 7 weeks post-op. I have been able to eat and drink more easily, so that's a big relief.

I went to the pool on Thursday and suprised myself, it went almost as well as before surgery and I had almost a 2 months break due to my complications. Still haven't dared to touch my rowing machine, but any day now...

Have a great week everyone!

Nilla

Good Morning everyone!

184.8 this morning - down from 185.8 last week with a goal of 163

The thing that I have been struggling with - since the holidays - is the realization that I still want to eat the things that made me obese in the first place and that - since I refuse to make others responsible for my choices - I'm still going to be surrounded by the foods I love in large quantities.

So even though my sleeve is a wonderful tool - the majority of the work still needs to be done between my ears.

So right now I am focusing on knowing my plan ahead of time - that way I'm not making decisions about food on the fly

And focusing on a. Getting to the gym and b. Making my workouts meaningful

I am having surgery tomorrow for some non sleeve related uterine issues. And I am really nervous - I don't really know why I'm so anxious but I am.

I was originally supposed to have my 4 month weigh in on Thursday but I was advised to change it because of the possibility of Fluid retention.

Anyhow. I hope everyone has a great week - be kind to yourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm in :) sleeved June 2013

Weight @ surgery 297

Lowest weight 190

Goal weight 175

Current weight 231.7

Height 5'9"

Goal pant size 10/12

Lowest pant size 10

My plan is to go back to at least 1 Protein shake a day, increase Water intake, increase veggies, stay away from my slider foods, no added sugar and limit wine to truly special occasions.

Got a new gym membership so I'll be hitting the gym at least 4 times during the work week (2 spin classes/ 2 body pump classes). Weekends it'll be outdoor activities bike riding, SUP or walking.

I'll be using Fitbit and MFP for tracking purposes. I've set up mini goals for the year:

1) Feb: get into my new red dress for Valentine's Day ( it was too tight to wear for my company's xmas party!)

2) April: beat my time from last year for the Carlsbad 5k

3) June: be @ my wedding day weight of 204 by our 1 year anniversary

4) August: Complete a 5k distance entirely by jogging/ running (without stopping to walk)

5) October: Beat my overall time at the Esprit de She sprint triathlon.

Did a 14 mile hill bike ride today so I'm feeling really good and I know with a little planning and a lot of commitment we can all get back on track with our goals. Here is to a Happy, and Healthy 2017!

Checking in for accountability-- been using the gym membership and cooking clean, and having my Protein shakes. A little struggle with avoiding some bad Snacks, but improving.

CW: 225.5

Goal for this week- before I say yes to a bad snack drink 4 oz of Water so the craving passes.

Down from 200.5 to 198.5

3-1/2 mos post op & first time in 100ville in years

I've been hungry ever since going on pre op diet. I don't know if it's still phantom hunger at this point. What I don't have is the cravings, so as long as I eat a healthy snack/meal then I'm fine. I'm very busy in January due to work schedule but look forward to some exercise time in February.

I would have never said that pre-op

Down from 200.5 to 198.5

I've been hungry ever since going on pre op diet. I don't know if it's still phantom hunger at this point. What I don't have is the cravings, so as long as I eat a healthy snack/meal then I'm fine. I'm very busy in January due to work schedule but look forward to some exercise time in February.

Are you taking a PPI?

I had my sleeve Jan 16 2015...I Lost from 202 to 113 lowest stayed around 123 well now im up to 132 wondering if its normal to gain little more weight now seems I can eat more now so I no stuff im eating was bad like chips candy and Starbucks but I figure if my stomach is not getting sick its allowing me to eat lol and in my head im thinking god wen was the last time you weigh this less for years lol I never had any dumping no throwing up I do have problems taking my Vitamins but all my test are good but now its my Iron is realy low my next apt with the sleeve Dr is Feb 10th she well go threw all my labs never even really exercised either planning on getting the access skin that's on my stomach removed this year maybe ill feel better about my body wen I finlly get to see my belly button well guess I just wanted to put my experience's so far with the sleeve almost 2 years out

1/9/17

188 CW

Down from 200.5 to 198.5

Are you taking a PPI?

What is a PPI?

Down from 200.5 to 198.5

Are you taking a PPI?
What is a PPI?
Sorry I looked it up

My dr gave me some but I didn't take but for the first few weeks. I could tell I needed it for reflux/heartburn but those symptoms quit pretty soon. Now it's just rumbling & I do feel hungry

I thought it was from not eating much at one time. Just every 2 hours my body is ready for "more" & thank goodness my "more" is with good choices of Protein

Did you have same symptoms & find out it was some sort of digestive thing?

Down from 200.5 to 198.5

Are you taking a PPI?
What is a PPI?
Sorry I looked it up

My dr gave me some but I didn't take but for the first few weeks. I could tell I needed it for reflux/heartburn but those symptoms quit pretty soon. Now it's just rumbling & I do feel hungry

I thought it was from not eating much at one time. Just every 2 hours my body is ready for "more" & thank goodness my "more" is with good choices of Protein

Excess acid can mimic hunger. You can try taking your PPI again for a week. It takes a couple of days to work but see if it curbs your hunger. Same thing with Water, add a little more if you can. If you are dehydrated sometimes thirst signals are mistaken for hunger.

Goal is 195. Today 216

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Down from 200.5 to 198.5

Are you taking a PPI?
What is a PPI?
Sorry I looked it up

Excess acid can mimic hunger. You can try taking your PPI again for a week. It takes a couple of days to work but see if it curbs your hunger. Same thing with Water, add a little more if you can. If you are dehydrated sometimes thirst signals are mistaken for hunger.
Thank you!

I will definitely try - I do drink lots so that's why I thought was hunger

Starting back on PPI today

Hi all, this challenge will be for 12 weeks, starting the week of January 1st.

This challenge is to help those of us who have stalled out to get restarted, or for regainers to start their loss cycle again. Anybody else who wants to join is welcome too!

Weigh in once a week, Sunday or Monday and post your stats on this thread. You may include any measurements etc. THIS thread will be our posting/meeting spot. You are all welcome to 'meet' here and cheer each other on. We can all certainly use it!

Please also include your meal plan/shake brand/meal ideas, etc. The idea behind the challenge is to offer new insight and ideas to those of us who need a boost in getting going again. For me personally, the reason I offered the idea of this challenge is because I've had some regain and I really need some accountability, but in addition I need some new, fresh ideas.

THIS challenge is simply a way for us to start keeping accountability. This challenge is not one of the typical ones that you see that have statistical data, etc. It's really just a way to have a planned, accountable online weekly support process.

IF THERE IS ANYBODY doing the challenge who wants to run an actual spreadsheet, please respond and let us all know. I had not planned on doing a spreadsheet simply because this is about ACCOUNTABILITY, not about the numbers.

Those of us who have been post surgery for 18 months or more generally lose a lot of the initial drive that we had when we were first post-op, and the pounds can creep back.

So as of Sunday, Jan 1st, please do your initial posting including your 'starting' weight, current BMI, plan for the week, meal ideas, plans for getting yourself on track, etc.

(Like I said, not a traditional challenge, but a NECESSARY one).

GOOD LUCK and most of all, have fun getting back on track!

Can I please get the spreadsheet thanks :)

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App