Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bypass or band !

Hi ya , i should have an op sometime in April ,I'm in for the band ,but recently saw the bariatric phycologist, and she thinks I should have bypass ,I'm kinda torn ,also don't care about hanging skin on body but my sister has put the jitters up me ,saying if I have the bypass my facial skin will be hanging and I'll look way older than I am ,hopeing for some advice

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

No matter which way you decide to go loose skin probably going to happen. That being said I have yet to see someone who has loose skin hanging on their face. Mid section and thighs sure but face I have yet to see.

I've seen loose skin on the face. It seems to usually happen to those who carry a lot of their weight up top and in their face. If you are super heavy or carry A LOT of weight in your face then you'll probably have lose skin no matter how you lose weight.

My family doesn't seem to think I'll have as much skin as i think i will, but i feel like I'll have a good little bit. One thing is no matter how i lose weight i feel the extra skin will be there. I've been obese my entire life. Even tho my highest maintained weight was in the 260s, Im 5'2. I dodn't stand a chance lol. And that's ok. If that's what I'll have from losing the weight i want to lose, so be it. There are worse things in life. And i can get it removed if it bothers me enough. So long as the pay off in return is a better more active life, no more pain and no more diabetes I'll take it????

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

I had the band several years ago and just had a revision done to the byass. They haven't done the band in the past 6 years where I live anymore. I'm 2 weeks post op and feel great. Good luck on your decision.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I'm not sure about sleeve ,the phycologist suggest bypass has I already have history of depression and other problems ,I'm morbidly obese 23 stone , so yes I definately have loads of weight to lose ,but just so mixed up with what's for the best as my family members are all very sceptical about it all

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

My Dr.won't even do the band.

I'm 90 pounds down from bypass, and my face looks great. The rest of me looks like a shar pei, but I look amazing fully clothed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I had band surgery in October and I'm doing great. Weightloss is slower with the band. There is a possibility of problems with any surgery. My doctor performs all three types of WLS surgery and works with the patient to determine which is best. Good luck.

Banded 10/12/16

Embrace that saggy skin-it's weight lose!!! Yay! The band has the most complications. Bypass for higher weigh, bypass for me. I only need to loose 110#. Do not worry about that skin until you are a few months out. Hell, politics should make you worry, not doing the greatest thing you'll ever do for you. I'm proud of you! And I don't know you.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Your face will look beautiful if for no other reason than your smile beaming from it for having changed your life for the better. I've looked at a lot of WLS before and after photos and NEVER have I thought, "Wow, they should have stayed fat. Their face looks so saggy!"

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by clc9