Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't shake the feeling that I will stop losing weight any minute...and I am 2 weeks post op today!

I am two weeks today. I gained 10 lbs to qualify for surgery, starting with a BMI of 35 and weight of 235. Day of surgery 230. Today, 215. I should be happy, and I am, but....I am extremely anxious that weight loss is going to stop. My surgeon allowed us to start pureed phased on Saturday, 4 days shy of the 2 week mark because of the holidays! I have had no issues at all other than extreme Constipation. This is not uncommon for me after anesthesia. I took maybe 3 Tylenol # 3 since discharge from hospital. I have "cheated" by drinking 1 8 oz cup of coffee per day to help with the headache and constipation. In the middle of all this my Mom died Christmas eve after an extended illness. Stress, fear, sadness fill my head. I have a house full of company that will be here thru Thursdays funeral service. No one is aware of my surgery, not even my own grown children. There have been a few times I looked longingly at the Cookies and sweets, but none have passed my lips. I have not tracked for the past 3 days but I feel as though I am getting my liquids in(urine is light in color). The minute my house clears out I can get rid of all the junk food that is currently surrounding me and get back to tracking and treadmill. I am within 10 lbs of the lowest weight for me in the last 10 years. I have been living with obesity for the past 30 years. In my head something gnaws at me and makes me feel like I am going to be the exception to WLS. I will be that person that goes through all of this and only loses 25 lbs. I am obsessed with figuring out how I compare on this journey. I really want to see it plotted out with my journey vs. everyone else so I can be sure I am on track or off track. I know I sound like a hot mess, but hoping to be able to keep it all together and get myself into 2017.

Sounding like a hot mess is not such a bad thing. It says that you're living in a state of reality. For now stop thinking about weight loss. You will be a star. Your mother died not quite three days ago. The world is out of order. Having people swarming around is in part keeping your mind occupied. When things quiet down in a few more days, you'll face what it really means not to have your mother within reach. This is a time for you to calm yourself as best as you can while you feel your feelings and think your thoughts. Give yourself a break. Great that you haven't touched the junk food. Stay away from the coffee for now. You may want to call your surgery practice for a recommendation for an o-t-c product for the Constipation. You will lose weight, I promise with a hug.

Try to relax.

Every time I stalled out, I was convinced my weight loss was over, and I was screwed. That I was the ONE person this surgery wasn't going to work for.

If you can, stay off the scale. If you can't try to relax and remember that it really does work if you follow the plan. Frankly, for the first 9 months or so, it works even if you don't follow the plan. That's what a lot of people call the "honeymoon period".

According to all the WLS vets I've talked to, virtually anything you do for the first 9-12 months, the weight will come off. That time is when you need to cement your best habits for eating and exercise in place so you can maintain and not re-gain. Weight loss is not the challenge. Maintenance is.

My weight loss goes in a pattern. I'll stay the same or even appear to have gained a pound for several days, then I'll drop 2-4 pounds in a 2 day period. I've quit stressing over the mini-stalls, and just go with it.

I agree with the two posts above. I am sorry to hear of your Mother's passing. For what it's worth, when I have gone through a very stressful time, I try to pamper myself a little more to de stress. Have a facial, massage, mani/pedi. Just to relax and refocus. The weight will come off. Just follow the rules. I just had a 3 week stall, then 4 lbs in 2 days. I've said this before, but sometimes I feel like it is a stare off between me sticking to the rules and my endocrine system giving up a lb or two. Stay the course. I and a lot of people also did the 3 week stall. While eating 800 or less calories I did not loose a single pound for 20 days. Be patient. If you follow the rules and create healthy habits, you will do great! Don't forget that a nutritionist can be very helpful. I still see mine every month or two just to stay on track. You can do this!

I am so sorry for your loss. When your company leaves and everything calms down, you will get back on track and begin to loose weight again. I agree with the above post, give yourself a break and grieve the loss of your mother.