Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin HELP Please...

I'm 3 weeks Post Op and have been taking my B Complex and was told to take this the first 30 days following surgery. My question is did you continue taking this AND what I really want to know is what brands do you all recommend? My doctor advised getting the ones at their store but I like to explore options from those of you have been taking them for awhile.

Also, I prefer gummies or something palatable any other options outside of these nasty chalk tasting Vitamins? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am 10 years out and still take them as I know I don't eat enough veggies to get what I need from food. I take one from Walmart it is cheap and must work as my blood work each year is right where it should be.

Glad to hear. I've already planned to take Vitamins the rest of my life:) just trying to figure out better brand and if expensive Vitamins are necessary, but to your point being able to buy at Walmart. There are so many options it gets overwhelming being new to this and simply trying to make the best decision. Is it the Walmart brand? Thanks for you help! Truly appreciated:)

I am 10 years out and still take them as I know I don't eat enough veggies to get what I need from food. I take one from walmart it is cheap and must work as my blood work each year is right where it should be.

Glad to hear. I've already planned to take vitamins the rest of my life:) just trying to figure out better brand and if expensive vitamins are necessary, but to your point being able to buy at Walmart. There are so many options it gets overwhelming being new to this and simply trying to make the best decision. Is it the Walmart brand? Thanks for you help! Truly appreciated:)

I have to take B Vitamins for the rest of my life (I had RNY). I take Integrative Therapeutics because they got really good reviews. Supposedly a "serving" is two capsules, but I just take one because my surgeon's office said the only thing I had to look for is a B1 (Thiamine) level of 20 mg or more.

Some of the Vitamins in B Complex are really smelly, so I don't know if you're going to find a palatable chewable. I originally bought a sublingual B Complex, but I had to stop taking them because they tasted so awful. My current ones smell (as do most B complex tablets & capsules), but at least I just have to put up with the smell for a couple of seconds. No way would I want to chew the thing.

it is spring value ( yellow label) I agree with taking a pill vs chew the taste is horrible but since you are so fresh from surgery talk to your support team and make sure your pouch can tolerate a pill. I take one BIG one but take it separately from the others and do ok.

I'm 3 weeks Post Op and have been taking my B Complex and was told to take this the first 30 days following surgery. My question is did you continue taking this AND what I really want to know is what brands do you all recommend? My doctor advised getting the ones at their store but I like to explore options from those of you have been taking them for awhile.

Also, I prefer gummies or something palatable any other options outside of these nasty chalk tasting Vitamins? Thanks in advance for your help!

I take a sublingual B12 with BComplex from The Vitamin Shoppe. Do NOT buy the Alive! B Complex gummies, they are THE WORST! Lol The liquid isn't the best, but you just need to keep under tongue for 10 seconds and swallow. I just rinse mouth with a swig of Water.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I take B12 and B1. I buy them from Walgreens and can usually get them buy one get one free.

My surgeon's only request was to stay the heck away from gummies, they simply are not effective.

And that the B12 was sublingual liquid.< /p>

Been using them for over two years now and all my blood tests have been great.

I also take a generic Multivitamin and generic D3. Also from walgreens on a buy one get one free deal. there are enough of these in the bottle that 2 bottles lasted 2 years/

the only Vitamin that I spend a lot of money on is my Calcium citrate chews. I do buy Bariatric Advantage. They are expensive but i look for whoever has them the lowest. It is usually the Bariatric Pal Store or Amazon.< /p>

I've read research that for rny patients the best way to get in the B 12 is through nasal spray or injection. But like Martha Parker McNeal mentioned in a previous post, it is all about your blood work.

I use nascobal because I get the B12 nasal spray and all my Vitamins together. They have pills to swallow if you are far enough out from surgery. But the dissolving ones if not.

For me, it is covered by insurance and shipped straight to me. It isn't for everyone but works great for me.

It is a prescription and the doctor fills it out and faxes it to the company. The company calls you and tells you how much it will be and you get to decide if you want to fill it.

https://www.nascobal.com/patient/why-nutrition-direct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App