Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm calling BS

So, I've read posts where people said they had sex at a couple days post op. One post I read said they did it while patient was still in the hospital.

I have a very healthy (or maybe even so high it's unhealthy) sexual appetite. I could go at it all day most every day.

Today is day 4 post op, and while the idea of certain favors does greatly appeal to me in my head, my body would disagree. And I have had a pretty good recovery. Nearly no pain at all. Zero pain meds since the day after surgery. But intercourse??? No way! Now, I could give him pleasure, but that's about it.

So, I'm calling bs. I'd say "Pics or it didn't happen," but I don't think that's allowed. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Lol indeed! You are one insanely funny lady, and the world DEFINITELY needs more like you!

Don't look back, turn the page, and let your next chapter begin!

I thought it was funny. :)

Me too!

I thought it was funny too....still would like picture proof tho ????

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Lol! I'm pretty sure the pics are somewhere on the web... I mean.. every pic ends up on the web at some point right..? Lol.

I laughed. The closest I came to having any kind of sex right after surgery was when they came in and stuck a catheter in my you know what. I will tell you right now, that diverted my mind from any licentious thoughts. The effects lasted for days. :o

Hilarious!

It bloody well matters very much.

I just mean who cares what other people do. We aren't in competition. My husband and I have been married for 29 years and still have a wonderful time together, OFTEN, but we don't compare ourselves to anyone else. There is no need.

@@laceemouse As I said, I intended to make a light hearted joke. I couldn't care less what anyone does in his or her bedroom.

@@laceemouse -- There's humor out there. Why so literal or solemn? Today will be better.

LOL. As a nurse, I will just say you'd be amazed at what some people will do.

But yes, I totally agree. Sex wasn't on the table (so to speak) for a couple of weeks after, and I had a good recovery.

I had sex a week after a C-section. My husband wasn't too keen on the idea, but I told him to lay on his back, put his knees together, tip his hips, and shut the hell up.

He did as told.

I unintentionally sprayed him with milk.

I did not take pictures.

Same here, girl! On a scale of 1-10, my libido is usually between a 9 and a 12 (off the charts, ha!). But I didn't want to have sex for at least 2 weeks afterwards. I was just too tired. I'm not sexually active right now, anyway. But even if I were, I still wouldn't have wanted it. But now that I'm almost 5 months post-op... :P

So I should weigh in here as I may have been mentioned in the original post. My badges of honor (incisions) are all in my chest and upper belly. We did play around 2 days after while still in Mexico but the full pleasure didn't happen until 5 days later and we took it slow and easy. By day 9 we were having fun as usual. I will say though that keeping moving actually made me feel better.

Also I will say that the early adventures started with lotion and a back rub, as did our son! No pictures of the deed but I do have pictures of the smiley face in lotion on my wife's back on ST Patty's day 2009. My son was born 12-16-09. You do the math!

@@Who'sThere Sex was the very last thing on my mind post-op, for sure. Between the diarrhea, the burping, the gas and gas pains...I felt sexier after giving birth than after WLS ;-)

I join you in throwing the BS flag!

I"m almost three weeks post op and I can't even summon up the energy to have sex with myself.

I"m almost three weeks post op and I can't even summon up the energy to have sex with myself.

Hahahahaha! I know! I'm afraid if I "finished" I would hurt myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

LMAO! I choked on my Water reading this. :lol: Same here!

@@Who'sThere - I'm with you. The spirit WAS willing, but the flesh was weak. Thank goodness my mom was with me in Mexico as support (just to keep my friends and family quiet). If not, I might have created an embarrassing international incident with one of the cute nurses, dang I was unnaturally randy post op and for several months following.

LOL !!! A definite winner here :D

Now, just get a bugle , and ..... watch American Pie 1, 2, 3 ......

There are bugle sex lessons there :P

I haven't been feelin' it until recently, and I'm just over 6 months out now :P but I gotta go out hunting :P It is my birthday afterall... :)

Edited by Raenh