Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

post-300307-14819120827427_thumb.jpg

SW 257

Surgery 236

CW 221

Back at the doctor's office because I have a blood clot between where the did the surgery and my liver. He put me on a blood thinner. That's what was causing my pain. The pain is not as bad as it was this past Wednesday.

Just like me to be ass wards back. Lol. Wait two after for crap to start happening. I'm in good spirits. Don't want food. I have to force myself to eat. I love my popicles

MsShortyDee

I was sleeved on Nov. 1 and about two weeks later was back in the hospital with an intestinal blood clot. The pain was excruciating -- I literally felt like I was dying. I've been on blood thinners for a month now and the pain has mostly subsided. There are still random days when I have pain, but it's much better one month out. Did the doc say if your clot is in your intestines? If it is, my understanding is that you and I are part of a VERY small club of sleevers.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I hit the "like" button, but I can't really like it. At least they have found the problem and you are making progress. Good luck, and heal quickly!

I was sleeved on Nov. 1 and about two weeks later was back in the hospital with an intestinal blood clot. The pain was excruciating -- I literally felt like I was dying. I've been on blood thinners for a month now and the pain has mostly subsided. There are still random days when I have pain, but it's much better one month out. Did the doc say if your clot is in your intestines? If it is, my understanding is that you and I are part of a VERY small club of sleevers.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

We are part of an elite club. My clot is between my liver and intestines

MsShortyDee

I'm glad it is something that was caught before it turned into something worse.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thank you. Me too

MsShortyDee

I see this post is a little bit older, so I was wonder how long were you guys on blood thinners? I was two weeks post-op and I returned to the ER they found I have a blood clot in my portal vein leading to my liver. I on blood thinners, but still in a lot of pain. How long did it take for the pain to subside, I want to go back to work so I really do not want to take blood thinners

Unfortunately, it took a while for my pain to go away. I was in significant pain for about 1.5 months after I started the blood thinner then it started to improve. In total, I would say it took a good 3 months until the pain subsided entirely. My vascular surgeon is keeping me on the blood thinners for an additional three months to make sure the clot has dissolved. This will bring my total time on blood thinners to 9 months. Ultimately, as you have probably discovered, there aren't many online resources available on this topic because these clots are pretty rare. I did eventually find a message board made up of people with these types of clots, but it seemed like most of the people on there were still dealing with the clot pain years later. Once I read that, I had no issue with taking the blood thinner if it would eventually dissolve the clot and eliminate the significant pain that it was causing. Stay strong, you will make it through this awful pain and it will eventually seem like it was just a blip on the screen to your lighter self. For a while I doubted my decision to have the surgery because I ended up with the clot as a result, but now seeing the results 7 months out I have no regrets.

I see this post is a little bit older, so I was wonder how long were you guys on blood thinners? I was two weeks post-op and I returned to the ER they found I have a blood clot in my portal vein leading to my liver. I on blood thinners, but still in a lot of pain. How long did it take for the pain to subside, I want to go back to work so I really do not want to take blood thinners

Once I was on the blood thinner, my pain went away in a week. I just stopped taking the blood thinner last Sunday. It will get better

Once I was on the blood thinner, my pain went away in a week. I just stopped taking the blood thinner last Sunday. It will get better

How are you doing otherwise?

I’m doing great. How are you