Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love the Syntrax Nectars. They have so many flavored and it's really tasty. They have some that can be mixed with Water or some type of milk. I would give them a go if I were you.

Jazzzy does it taste different to you after the surgery?

So my Dr. gave me a sample to taste its a Protein drink Bariatric Advantage (Cookies & Cream).... Omg it's so disgusting! (to me...)
Please Lord somebody tell me they're better tasting Protein drinks out there, I know there are plenty of brands.... I also know we all have different taste but I'm not a fan of tasting things. Is there anything around similar to Slim fast that taste good to me but this stuff is.... Blahhhh

I can't gag down any of the shakes. Way to thick. I've tried Quest brand all flavors. vanilla by far is the worst for me, but I've never been a sweets type. I stick with the unflavored nectar and add it to broth or yogurt so far. I'm excited to try the fruit nectar ones. I heard a lot of good things. Also unjury chicken has some good reviews.

Sent from my Y538 using the BariatricPal App

So my Dr. gave me a sample to taste its a Protein drink Bariatric Advantage (Cookies & Cream).... Omg it's so disgusting! (to me...)

Please Lord somebody tell me they're better tasting Protein drinks out there, I know there are plenty of brands.... I also know we all have different taste but I'm not a fan of tasting things. Is there anything around similar to Slim fast that taste good to me but this stuff is.... Blahhhh

Hi Raymia, I am currently in the preop liquid stage and I have wasted quite a bit of moola on disgusting shakes too. I finally found Atkins shakes (15g) and they are delicious. They come in packs of 4. The mocha, milk chocolate, cafe caramel, and dark chocolate are favorites. To switch it up french vanilla and strawberry are good too. You can usually find in a Walmart or Target. costco has a case of Premier Protein in an 18 pack. Its good too with twice the protein (30g) of Atkins but just one flavor. One flavor gets pretty old quickly so I stay with Atkins for variety. These brands are both creamy and the container makes it easy for on the go or slow lifestyles. On a side note...do not fall for Advantage shakes, only the package looks good. The shake comes put clumpy and yogurt like with a weird aftertaste. I hope this helps you.

Aloha,

Flo

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Thanks @Dknal I guess I really gotta give Syntrax Nectars a try everyone's mentioning them. And how are you feeling?

I hope our feeling great!

I love the syntrax nectars. They have so many flavored and it's really tasty. They have some that can be mixed with Water or some type of milk. I would give them a go if I were you.

hi Lola I'm not a fan of wasting anything exspecially money.... I wish they did the little sample trays like they do at Sam's or BJ's but nope I haven't seen any yet but I will check Walmart I do like their prices. thanks

Hi Raymia, I am currently in the preop liquid stage and I have wasted quite a bit of moola on disgusting shakes too. I finally found Atkins shakes (15g) and they are delicious. They come in packs of 4. The mocha, milk chocolate, cafe caramel, and dark chocolate are favorites. To switch it up french vanilla and strawberry are good too. You can usually find in a Walmart or Target. costco has a case of Premier Protein in an 18 pack. Its good too with twice the protein (30g) of Atkins but just one flavor. One flavor gets pretty old quickly so I stay with Atkins for variety. These brands are both creamy and the container makes it easy for on the go or slow lifestyles. On a side note...do not fall for Advantage shakes, only the package looks good. The shake comes put clumpy and yogurt like with a weird aftertaste. I hope this helps you.

Aloha,

Flo

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

@@theantichick so I just go to their website and order samples?

I ordered samplers from every brand that had them available. I liked the Syntrax Nectars the best, and a couple of the unjury flavors were OK. You can mix them with less milk/water to make pudding, or more milk/water to make them thinner. The fruit flavors, I froze them in tubes to make ice pops (found the tubes on Amazon) which made the first couple of weeks a lot easier to get Fluid and Protein down.

But don't stock up TOO much before surgery. After surgery, I couldn't stand the ones I'd bought tubs of, and ended up drinking the pre-mix Premier Protein they gave me in the hospital, and for the most part since surgery that's been all I could stand. LOL.

Hi @ Raymia. I am doing better. Belly still sore, but lap sites are healing well. I have lost 13 lbs up to this point so doing well with weight loss for post op day 8. I feel a lil weak at times but I'm okay. I think I have been doing too much and just need to slow down some. I get lil aches ever so often but it's bearable. How have you been?

Thanks @Dknal I guess I really gotta give Syntrax Nectars a try everyone's mentioning them. And how are you feeling?

I love the syntrax nectars. They have so many flavored and it's really tasty. They have some that can be mixed with Water or some type of milk. I would give them a go if I were you.

@@Raymia here's all the samplers I ordered:

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/syntrax-nectar-protein-powder-sampler-variety-bag-15-flavors

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/bariatric-fusion-meal-replacement-single-serving-packet-variety-pack

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/bariatricpal-fruit-protein-drinks-variety-pack

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/bariatricpal-variety-shake-pudding-7-packets-per-box

http://www.unjury.com/products/unjury-starter-kit.html

https://www.gotein.com/sample-pack

I also have not tried these, but another place that's offering sample sizes is:

https://truenutrition.com/p-7425-tn-proteinflavor-sample-packs.aspx

I've also been told you can go to some health food stores like Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and they'll let you try some of the Protein powders/drinks, but I haven't tried that myself.

It's a lot, and I didn't order them all at once, but I was glad I did. A lot of them, I just couldn't stomach. This was a LOT less wasteful than ordering stuff I hadn't tried. :) I am VERY picky about tastes/textures so I knew I couldn't just grab something off the shelf.

Oh, and I also got a sampler of ready-made Premier Protein from Amazon.< /p>

https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Protein-Chocolate-Vanilla-Strawberry/dp/B01LWU0BP5/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481650883&sr=8-9&keywords=premier+protein+flavors

The other option a lot of people go with is just getting the unflavored stuff and adding it into other liquids and foods. I found that the Syntrax and GENEPRO unflavored affect the taste/texture the least. Some of the samplers have unflavored to try. Some people don't trust the GENEPRO hype (more available Protein than should be available by mass) but I haven't found any reason not to use it.

Good luck!!

I can't gag down any of the shakes. Way to thick. I've tried Quest brand all flavors. vanilla by far is the worst for me, but I've never been a sweets type. I stick with the unflavored nectar and add it to broth or yogurt so far. I'm excited to try the fruit nectar ones. I heard a lot of good things. Also unjury chicken has some good reviews.

I'm still pre op...we shall see ????

I'm going to suggest the Syntrax along with everyone else! The Nectars are great (my fav was the pink grapefruit with a little salt...not a sweet person) and the matrix are super good! I ordered some for myself for Christmas and for my 14 year old son who is begging for Protein for working out. If you follow some of the Syntrax ambassadors on Instagram you can get 40% off your first order with a code.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Jesus loves you!!!

I'm going to suggest the Syntrax along with everyone else! The Nectars are great (my fav was the pink grapefruit with a little salt...not a sweet person) and the matrix are super good! I ordered some for myself for Christmas and for my 14 year old son who is begging for Protein for working out. If you follow some of the Syntrax ambassadors on Instagram you can get 40% off your first order with a code.

Jesus loves you!!!

Wow, that's a great discount! Thanks.

Premier is my go-to!

Hi @ Raymia. I am doing better. Belly still sore, but lap sites are healing well. I have lost 13 lbs up to this point so doing well with weight loss for post op day 8. I feel a lil weak at times but I'm okay. I think I have been doing too much and just need to slow down some. I get lil aches ever so often but it's bearable. How have you been?

I love the Syntrax nectars. They have so many flavored and it's really tasty. They have some that can be mixed with Water or some type of milk. I would give them a go if I were you.

I'm great???? Just playing the waiting game... I'm sure you know all about it. But today's my last class!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

@@Raymia here's all the samplers I ordered:

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/syntrax-nectar-protein-powder-sampler-variety-bag-15-flavors

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/bariatric-fusion-meal-replacement-single-serving-packet-variety-pack

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/bariatricpal-fruit-protein-drinks-variety-pack

https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders/products/bariatricpal-variety-shake-pudding-7-packets-per-box

http://www.unjury.com/products/unjury-starter-kit.html

https://www.gotein.com/sample-pack

I also have not tried these, but another place that's offering sample sizes is:

https://truenutrition.com/p-7425-tn-proteinflavor-sample-packs.aspx

I've also been told you can go to some health food stores like Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and they'll let you try some of the Protein powders/drinks, but I haven't tried that myself.

It's a lot, and I didn't order them all at once, but I was glad I did. A lot of them, I just couldn't stomach. This was a LOT less wasteful than ordering stuff I hadn't tried. :) I am VERY picky about tastes/textures so I knew I couldn't just grab something off the shelf.

Oh, and I also got a sampler of ready-made Premier Protein from Amazon.< /p>

https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Protein-Chocolate-Vanilla-Strawberry/dp/B01LWU0BP5/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1481650883&sr=8-9&keywords=premier+protein+flavors

The other option a lot of people go with is just getting the unflavored stuff and adding it into other liquids and foods. I found that the Syntrax and GENEPRO unflavored affect the taste/texture the least. Some of the samplers have unflavored to try. Some people don't trust the GENEPRO hype (more available Protein than should be available by mass) but I haven't found any reason not to use it.

Good luck!!

You are the Best!!! Thank you

So my Dr. gave me a sample to taste its a Protein Drink Bariatric Advantage (Cookies & Cream).... Omg it's so disgusting! (to me...)

Please Lord somebody tell me they're better tasting protein drinks out there, I know there are plenty of brands.... I also know we all have different taste but I'm not a fan of tasting things. Is there anything around similar to Slim fast that taste good to me but this stuff is.... Blahhhh

I can't gag down any of the shakes. Way to thick. I've tried Quest brand all flavors. Vanilla by far is the worst for me, but I've never been a sweets type. I stick with the unflavored nectar and add it to broth or yogurt so far. I'm excited to try the fruit nectar ones. I heard a lot of good things. Also unjury chicken has some good reviews.

I'm still pre op...we shall see ????

Okay your with me????

Jesus loves you!!!

Thank you I'll check it out tonight

Just FYI depending on ur insurance they may cover ur shakes. My insurance pays up to $500 a month for Protein shakes if u had Bariatric surgery. Check with them. I spent so much on ones I didn't like it was unreal I have two big tubs of mix that I don't like equal over $100 just for them and I won't touch them. Lol