Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was ready to eat the squirrel...

Little Bill I'll be stalking you around. Don't won't to miss any of you stories. To heck with the surgery stuff. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

Haha, I will keep an eye out! :D

Living in a 200 year old farmhouse.....on a farm.....with your own shooting range.

Boss, I'm envious.

Great stories, too.

My son just shot his first deer!! 8 point 240 pound buck!! Our freezer is full but I'm not crazy about venison and would much rather moose!! And, I think only you crazy Americans like bear!! lol

Living in a 200 year old farmhouse.....on a farm.....with your own shooting range.

Boss, I'm envious.

Great stories, too.

Thanks, Dub. It sure sounds great doesn't it? Of course, there are all those things that give rise to a good story you know. Adventure is someone else far away in deep $#*t, right? ;-)

My son just shot his first deer!! 8 point 240 pound buck!! Our freezer is full but I'm not crazy about venison and would much rather moose!! And, I think only you crazy Americans like bear!! lol

We have that saying. "Some days you eat the bear, and some days the bear eats you."

We take that literally, you know. :P

Why am I just reading this post! lmbo now my co worker who just happened to walk by thinks I'm crazy... So I said Nooo I'm not crazy it's @@LittleBill and he says you know your to damn old to be watching cartoons... lol Thanks Bill for always making me laugh : )

Why am I just reading this post! lmbo now my co worker who just happened to walk by thinks I'm crazy... So I said Nooo I'm not crazy it's @@LittleBill and he says you know your to damn old to be watching cartoons... lol Thanks Bill for always making me laugh : )

I am glad to be of service. :D

wtg son!!! My son shot his first this year too omg it was Bambi!! But he was excited that's all that matter afterwards his dad explained to him why to wait till they r bigger but for his first one we congratulated him lol. There's always room in my freezer ha ha ha we have three freezers tho.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

wtg son!!! My son shot his first this year too omg it was Bambi!! But he was excited that's all that matter afterwards his dad explained to him why to wait till they r bigger but for his first one we congratulated him lol. There's always room in my freezer ha ha ha we have three freezers tho.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

We have three freezers too and there is only my son and me!!

We used to live in farm country but the city moved in around us and now we have a neighbor who feeds squirrels.. for years there were just one or two... then there were five or six, now more than enough... My chickens chase them all over the fields. At least they don't have weekly episodes of domestic violence on my roof like the (extremely well fed) raccoons.

Thank God for coyote!

@@Aggiemae We are stuffed with walnut trees here. They are all over the place. The neighbor's cats are well fed, fat and lazy, and Jester the dog keeps everything else at bay. The place is crawling with squirrels. We even had a couple of incursions into the house from flying squirrels. I wrote a story about one of those adventures.

we have Pulis ( Hungary sheepdog with the Rasta hair) the young one, Chompers, killed a few squirrels (and a rabbit) this spring and now, even with their tiny brains, the squirrels don't come down to the ground in the fenced part of our property any more. Choppy still follows them as the jump around the trees and shrubs in hopes of chomping down another one. He's a wilfull little fella'.

We cut down the last of our old walnut trees a few years back to plant nectarines and peaches.... still have squirrels and now we also have (very loud) stellar jays.

Love your stories!

@@Aggiemae Thank you. Whoever lived here years ago planted bunches of walnut and mulberry for the fencerows between fields. And of course, walnut has a way of taking over. The squirrels who live in the metal porch roof on our second floor sit up there and eat the meat out of the walnuts, and then drop the husks down onto the porch. For some reason, Jester loves crunching them up.

We also live in an old farmhouse, it's 103 years old and we just got done renovation a year ago, now we are working on the out buildings. This year my boyfriend shot his buck from the front porch in his pjs and slippers. The summer sausage is to die for! As for squirrel, it's nothing but a pesky rodent to me. I will pretty much try anything but not squirrel yuk! Does it taste like chicken?

@@cdsjjotn So, you're asking me to believe that you actually FINISHED renovating an old house?!? :P I don't think I will live long enough to get this place done.

And you are right. Squirrels are pesky rodents (tree rats, we call them) but they are tasty. They don't really taste like chicken. Maybe closer to rabbit. It has been a while since I ate one.

I could very likely shoot a deer from my front porch, but the neighbors would take exception. Before we bought this place, and before the development, the man who used to live here shot three deer out the bathroom window. Now that's a comfortable way to hunt!