Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was ready to eat the squirrel...

Broke your heart and most of the bones in it's body!

Back in the day I ate all kinds of small game and I must say that squirrels are pretty good! Raccoons are greasy bastards that will never pass my lips again though :(

You ought to try bear if you haven't already. I could bearly get it down it was so greasy. But since I was a guest in the home of some friends, I just had to grin and bear it.

Bear is only good for sausage. I have some in my freezer right now.

Lol. I have heard they're good. I don't mind killing deer. I love venison. My husband and I were actually looking the other day at the nutritional values. Deer steak is great for Protein a lot better then any beef steak. However I love deer balogna but it's very high in calories and very little protein. I wanna cry over that. My kids and hubby get it all to themselves. Oh well life goes on. Deer Jerky is good for me tho. And deer burger is a lot healthier then beed I didn't check it against turkey yet tho.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You should try elk, delicious meat!

The last person to get a deer in our family was when Mrs. LittleBill took one out with the Suburban. We took what was left of it to the butcher, and got a whopping 20 lbs of usable meat. It is too scary to hunt around here anymore, but I do love venison.

If it was a 92-99 suburban I have parts!

I've had squirrel! I remember we had to eat it carefully to avoid the buckshot. I was just a kid. I've also had rabbit--no lie, bbq rabbit is GOOD.

Ah, venison! it's SO good. I recently made venison stuffed mushrooms. Hardly ANY fat in that meat. It's some of the most lean meat I've ever cooked with. It's really a shame it isn't commercially available in stores. It's GOOD for you! Unfortunately, the last deer killed by anyone here at Casa Enfuego was the one that hit us (yes, it hit us when it ran out when it was chasing a sexy girl deer) we were coming home from Six Flags last year. It did about $2000 in damage to our car. the good little redneck girl in me wanted to go back for it, but it was 0300 in the morning!

Rabbit is really good! I don't eat it anymore because it makes me jumpy.

I've had squirrel! I remember we had to eat it carefully to avoid the buckshot. I was just a kid. I've also had rabbit--no lie, bbq rabbit is GOOD.

Ah, venison! it's SO good. I recently made venison stuffed mushrooms. Hardly ANY fat in that meat. It's some of the most lean meat I've ever cooked with. It's really a shame it isn't commercially available in stores. It's GOOD for you! Unfortunately, the last deer killed by anyone here at Casa Enfuego was the one that hit us (yes, it hit us when it ran out when it was chasing a sexy girl deer) we were coming home from Six Flags last year. It did about $2000 in damage to our car. the good little redneck girl in me wanted to go back for it, but it was 0300 in the morning!

I love rabbit too. Way back in the dim recesses of time, the night before Easter 1982, I was introduced to the people who would be my mother and father in law. They took the future Mrs. LittleBill and me out to a fancy restaurant for dinner, and I was told to order whatever I wanted. They had rabbit on the menu, and being a good ole redneck boy myself, I ordered it, not having had it for a while. They were horrified. Not only was it the night before Easter, they had a pet rabbit at home. Suffice to say, I did not make a good impression on them. But we survived that incident, and have been married almost 33 years now.

If it was a 92-99 suburban I have parts!

It was a '99, but is long gone. The deer was still alive, so I put two slugs in its head with a .357 snubbie. The game warden accused me of speed beefing. I asked him how far away from a deer I could be and still hit it twice in the head with a 2 1/2" barrel - at night. He let it go.

Rabbit is really good! I don't eat it anymore because it makes me jumpy.

I haven't had rabbit since I lost my hare.

Edited by LittleBill

The last person to get a deer in our family was when Mrs. LittleBill took one out with the Suburban. We took what was left of it to the butcher, and got a whopping 20 lbs of usable meat. It is too scary to hunt around here anymore, but I do love venison.

ha ha too funny. We actually just got a road kill one last weekend that my mother in law hit lol. Then my son got one this year. We told him he shot bambi is was so little yet. . My husband hasn't gotten any and he is thinking of giving up hunting he said he is getting too old for it and the cold is starting to affect him lol. But our whole family loves venison. We had so much deer balogna last year that we handed a whole bunch out to friends and family this year.

AAWWW You guys are tough!! I am not much for game meat at all. But...I love a ELK STEAK, haven't had one in years. Don't know my taste might have changed since I had one. I might not care for it after all. My hubby and my kids LOVE Bear Sausage. We had an Uncle that used to bring it to us. I didn't care for it either. I know I'm just a ol city dweller. Each to their own.

@@Malin **I've had squirrel! I remember we had to eat it carefully to avoid the buckshot.**

Buckshot? As a kid, I took squirrels out of 60 ft. pine trees with a .22 to the head...makes cleaning them easier, too :)

@@Malin **I've had squirrel! I remember we had to eat it carefully to avoid the buckshot.**

Buckshot? As a kid, I took squirrels out of 60 ft. pine trees with a .22 to the head...makes cleaning them easier, too :)

Absolutely!

This is a great read. Little Bill, where are you from that you live on a farm in a 200 yr old house and it's too scary to hunt? Just curious. I live in the sticks myself in East Texas. I love the stories you tell. I also think you'd be a great writer. ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

When I was in grad school, I was really poor...and hungry. One week, I had nothing to eat but a bag of peanuts and one of raisins. I portioned them out every day. Mostly, I ate Beans and rice, nearly every day.

One day, one of the departments was having a reception and I snuck in and grabbed a plate with a sandwich and a handful of chips. I went outside to eat on the bench.

I swear, I only looked away for a second, but it was long enough. A damned squirrel jumped up, grabbed my sandwich, knocked my chips off, and ran. I cussed the little beast, but he ran up the tree and ate my sandwich while I watched.

Thus, I hate squirrels.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

This is a great read. Little Bill, where are you from that you live on a farm in a 200 yr old house and it's too scary to hunt? Just curious. I live in the sticks myself in East Texas. I love the stories you tell. I also think you'd be a great writer.

I am in eastern PA. We are in the country, enough so that we have our own little target range, but the larger towns and cities aren't that far. When I was younger, there were several close calls, and a few people were killed in the woods during hunting season. We are about midway between NYC and Philadelphia, so we get all sorts of city people in the woods. I decided it wasn't worth getting shot. And thank you for your kind words on my stories. I enjoy telling them as well as writing them down.

When I was in grad school, I was really poor...and hungry. One week, I had nothing to eat but a bag of peanuts and one of raisins. I portioned them out every day. Mostly, I ate Beans and rice, nearly every day.

One day, one of the departments was having a reception and I snuck in and grabbed a plate with a sandwich and a handful of chips. I went outside to eat on the bench.

I swear, I only looked away for a second, but it was long enough. A damned squirrel jumped up, grabbed my sandwich, knocked my chips off, and ran. I cussed the little beast, but he ran up the tree and ate my sandwich while I watched.

Thus, I hate squirrels.

This is one of those things that really sucks, but even as it's happening, you know it's going to be a great story someday. I have lots of things happen to me, where the best thing I can say is, "At least this will make a good story". I once had a pastor who said to me, "I believe God brings all these things into your life so you can tell the rest of us stories".

I also had another friend who was a pastor who had an incident very similar to yours when we were in Florida one time. He was sitting on the beach, just about to take a bite out of his sandwich. All at once, a seagull swooped down and grabbed it right out of his hand. And he was a skinny guy who couldn't afford to missed too many sandwiches.

This is a great read. Little Bill, where are you from that you live on a farm in a 200 yr old house and it's too scary to hunt? Just curious. I live in the sticks myself in East Texas. I love the stories you tell. I also think you'd be a great writer.

I am in eastern PA. We are in the country, enough so that we have our own little target range, but the larger towns and cities aren't that far. When I was younger, there were several close calls, and a few people were killed in the woods during hunting season. We are about midway between NYC and Philadelphia, so we get all sorts of city people in the woods. I decided it wasn't worth getting shot. And thank you for your kind words on my stories. I enjoy telling them as well as writing them down.

Thus, I hate squirrels.

This is one of those things that really sucks, but even as it's happening, you know it's going to be a great story someday. I have lots of things happen to me, where the best thing I can say is, "At least this will make a good story". I once had a pastor who said to me, "I believe God brings all these things into your life so you can tell the rest of us stories".

I also had another friend who was a pastor who had an incident very similar to yours when we were in Florida one time. He was sitting on the beach, just about to take a bite out of his sandwich. All at once, a seagull swooped down and grabbed it right out of his hand. And he was a skinny guy who couldn't afford to missed too many sandwiches.

I'm in York county PA!!! Not to far from u!!!