Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleeves 2016

Mine was , done with the Davinci Robot, as well @ kelrenee2016. My largest incision site is to the left upper quad of my abdomen. It is still very sore. But it's getting better daily.

I had my surgery on Tuesday Dec. 6. I came home Thursday and I'm recovering so much better at home. My only pain is from the largest incision site (where the stomach is removed) and major headaches. My surgery was performed with the Divinici robot so I have 6 incisions. I can't stand broth but dealing with it and I'm loving Jello

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Dknal2

Congratulations @ mrs. bunch.... I was sleeved on dec 5. I'm feeling better and I thank god I purchased the variety packs of flavored Protein from bariatric pal prior to surgery. It's like I'm drinking juice and I love it. I also add Water flavor packs tinny Water because regular water makes me gag. Did your surgeon prescribe you protonix or nexium post op? My surgeon prescribed me protonix to cost my stomach and to prevent GERD. I am to take it for two months only though.

I was sleeved 12/7/16 I was released on 12/9/16. I don't feel bad for the most part. I am pretty sore from the incisions. I have 5 incisions on my stoMach. Iam drinking my broth and other clear fluids but it is so hard!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

December 5th 7:30am. Don't remember anything during surgery. Woke up a little sore but not unbearable. No meds required for pain until late night then a liquid hydrocodone and I was out for the rest of the night. Still hurts when first getting up in the morning but nothing I cant deal with. Have only had one pain pill since leaving hospital on Tuesday. Six incision sites due to hernia.

post-307895-1481382964891_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on your surgery and welcome to the losers bench... I was sleeved on dec 5 as well and I have 6 lap sites as well but mine is due to dsvinci robot used for surgery. I agree that I am most sore when I wake up in the morning. sleeping on my back is awful so I sleep on my side . I feel these little aches and pains throughout the day but I can deal with them. I weighed myself yesterday and I am down 7 lbs since surgery. Can't wait to see what 3 months will look like as far as weight loss progression. Well congrats and good luck to you.

December 5th 7:30am. Don't remember anything during surgery. Woke up a little sore but not unbearable. No meds required for pain until late night then a liquid hydrocodone and I was out for the rest of the night. Still hurts when first getting up in the morning but nothing I cant deal with. Have only had one pain pill since leaving hospital on Tuesday. Six incision sites due to hernia.

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1481382962.723855.jpg

Dknal2 thank you. Glad to finally be hers. We gonna rock this losers bench and cant nobody stop that. Determined ladies can not be stopped. Lol

Yes ma'am... I am on board 100%.

Dknal2 thank you. Glad to finally be hers. We gonna rock this losers bench and cant nobody stop that. Determined ladies can not be stopped. Lol

I am getting in 46 g Protein daily and I really fight to do so... it literally takes me all day to do so. How bout yourself?

Dknal how many Proteins are you up to a day if you dont mind me asking

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Dknal2

Well i dont know if you are aware but i had surgery same day as you so i was curious if i was the only one having trouble getting in the Protein. 43 has been where i can get to however yesterday i made 100 Protein by mixing Protein shake with fairlife. Had two shakes plus 1/4c cottage cheese i was excited but then later that evening i got the runs ugh. So i have to adjust again lol

I hate cottage cheese so no way I can do that. I'm supposed to start full liquids today but I tried a thicker shake and it hurt so I may try my Soups , cream broccoli and cream mushroom that I ordered from bariatric pal... they have like 15 G Protein I think. So between them and my Protein juices from synthrax I think I will be ok for now I'm not gonna push it. It hurts when I take too much liquid in. How are your lap sites healing? How have you done with weight loss? Glad to have another dec 5 buddy there are like 6 of us.

Well i dont know if you are aware but i had surgery same day as you so i was curious if i was the only one having trouble getting in the protein. 43 has been where i can get to however yesterday i made 100 protein by mixing Protein Shake with fairlife. Had two shakes plus 1/4c cottage cheese i was excited but then later that evening i got the runs ugh. So i have to adjust again lol

I hate cottage cheese so no way I can do that. I'm supposed to start full liquids today but I tried a thicker shake and it hurt so I may try my Soups , cream broccoli and cream mushroom that I ordered from bariatric pal... they have like 15 G Protein I think. So between them and my Protein juices from synthrax I think I will be ok for now I'm not gonna push it. It hurts when I take too much liquid in. How are your lap sites healing? How have you done with weight loss? Glad to have another dec 5 buddy there are like 6 of us.

Well i dont know if you are aware but i had surgery same day as you so i was curious if i was the only one having trouble getting in the protein. 43 has been where i can get to however yesterday i made 100 protein by mixing Protein Shake with fairlife. Had two shakes plus 1/4c cottage cheese i was excited but then later that evening i got the runs ugh. So i have to adjust again lol

Wish i could tell you lol, but i dont keep a scale in the house but from the size of my stomach still being swollen does not seem to be much weight lost. As for my incision sites to my surprise i only have one long one starting just below my breasts i would say it is about 4 inches long and i have two small incisions on each side of the long one. Weird i know but i had a ds , but even for that its really weird but so far so good. Pain is easing up but gas pains still creep up on me lol. Im getting through it just at a pace lol.

I have six incisions... they used the da Vinci robot with my gastric sleeve surgery... one of the small ones looked like the dermabond glue was coming off but my doc said it is healing fine. My belly is still swollen and bloated looking as well and I haven't pooped. I asked doc today can I take Miralax due to I'm dying here and he said yes so that should help with some of the bloating. I'm not gonna weigh myself until Friday. Every Friday will be my weigh in just to see my progress. Keep in touch it will be great for us to see where we are in this journey in 3 mos or so.

Wish i could tell you lol, but i dont keep a scale in the house but from the size of my stomach still being swollen does not seem to be much weight lost. As for my incision sites to my surprise i only have one long one starting just below my breasts i would say it is about 4 inches long and i have two small incisions on each side of the long one. Weird i know but i had a ds , but even for that its really weird but so far so good. Pain is easing up but gas pains still creep up on me lol. Im getting through it just at a pace lol.

Does everyone who has the sleeve get the drain? I will be having surgery next month and I feel like there is so much I still don't know. I Want to be prepared on what to expect. I ask the nurse at my app. But she says the doc will talk to me before surgery. I am an anxious person so I really want to know the things to expect now, and not the day of.

Sent from my SM-G530T using the BariatricPal App