Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I manage to get enough protein daily!?

Besides shakes, I eat lots of tuna, chicken or turkey. Lean pork is a good choice too. eggs are great, and now that I am on solid food, I will eat one or two Quest Protein bars a day.

I also like ground beef, but there is a calorie penalty not everyone is willing to pay. I just made some killer chili that has 25 grams of Protein in a half cup serving, but it also has 275 calories. The good news is, virtually all of the carbs are from Beans, which means I am getting some good Fiber too.

I should still be upping my calories. I'm getting about 7-800 calories per day and I would prefer to be closer to 1000. I eat chili from Wendy's 3-4 times per week and the fiber keeps me regular. That Wendy's chili is actually quite healthy other than the salt.

My nutritionist actually told me to eat more salt. My blood pressure has been running low since surgery. The stuff I made has kidney Beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, a little bit of corn, and lots of spice along with onions, Tomato sauce and beef.

I've never been a fan of garbage - I mean garbanzo beans. I surgeon doesn't recommend corn because it doesn't digest well. Otherwise I'm in! I'm pretty happy with my blood pressure, it has been running 110/80 with a heart rate in the mid to upper 60's. Back to the chili a second, if you like spice grab up a habanero and just a bit of honey. Chop up the habanero and caramelize the onions with just a touch of honey. Add that to your chili and you'll never do it without again.

Isopure zero carb drinks. 40g Protein & 20 oz of Fluid. Not too bad tasting but the smell has been bothering me a little lately. Not bad enough to stop drinking them. With zero carbs and zero fat 40g of protein and 160 cals it's a good way to start my day off in the right foot.

I was sleeved on the 14.11. Very happy about it. But struggling with Protein too. I usually manage 55-65g a day. But I need to up it eventually to 150. Which seems impossible at the moment. I don't want to force myself, I'm afraid to stretch my stomach and it also makes me sick.

I've never been a fan of garbage - I mean garbanzo Beans. I surgeon doesn't recommend corn because it doesn't digest well. Otherwise I'm in! I'm pretty happy with my blood pressure, it has been running 110/80 with a heart rate in the mid to upper 60's. Back to the chili a second, if you like spice grab up a habanero and just a bit of honey. Chop up the habanero and caramelize the onions with just a touch of honey. Add that to your chili and you'll never do it without again.

Okay, now I'M the one who is wondering if we can still be friends! :blink: No garbanzos!?! My oldest daughter busts my chops on them too. She says it is not the natural order of things. My doc isn't wild about corn because it is starchy, but the little bit I have had has gone down without a problem, and it is mainly an accent.

I like the habanero in honey idea. I will have to give it a try. We used to grow our own - several varieties - but recently I have just been putting habanero powder in my hot stuff. In my chili I will add just a touch of brown sugar. It takes the acid bite out of the Tomato sauce, and accentuates the first impression of the habs. It has sort of snuck up on people who take a bite, say, "This isn't hot!", and then wolf down a few mouthfuls. It is always fun to watch, especially since I warn people ahead of time. :lol:

My dad used to put brown sugar in his chili! I loved his chili.

I will post up my recipe later on today. You may feel free to adulterate it by leaving out the garbanzos. I am off to the vet to get the dog his shots.

Shrimp, tuna, hardboiled eggs, cheese, and fairlife milk (I feel like I'm the damn company spokesperson, but it was the only way to get me to my Protein goals every day).

I add unflavored Protein powder into Jello, broth, pudding, bariatric hot chocolate. There are actually days I have gone over significantly! It doesn't disturb the flavor too much, through when using a blender to mix it in, it can get quite frothy which is sometimes good -- other times, not so much.

I eat 8 times per day spaced about 90 minutes apart. Across the entire day, I have 4 oz of salmon, 2 oz of ground beef, 1 scrambled egg, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 piece of American cheese, 8 oz of cottage cheese, 2 T of sugar-free strawberry preserves, 2 string cheeses, and 3 oz of green Beans. That comes out to 900-950 calories, 19 grams of carbs, and 90ish grams of Protein each day, along with 120 oz of Water.

I stay on it all day, and it takes me 12-14 hours to get it all in (accounting for drinking in between and allowing the appropriate times before and after drinking as instructed). It is worth all of the monitoring and effort to not have to ingest any Protein shakes of any kind anymore!!!

Good luck!

I can't tolerate the shakes after surgery..hoping I can in a few months..right now my favorites are Proti Diet Soups..tomato basil and beef vegetable, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup, Proti diet concentrated drinks and nectar fuzzy navel..the key for me is variety.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you everyone for all the great ideas! I have shared all this valuable information with my wife so she can keep me on track and get my Protein up! What is a good unflavored Protein Powder that you guys have tried and liked? Thanx again! Even though the eating and drinking is tough I wouldn't have changed a thing about having my sleeve done! I am down 180 pounds since I started this journey in April!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

try unflavored Protein powder in any liquid except Water. I didn't get the Protein and I blame my hair loss on the protein insult after surgery.

tuna and salmon come in 3 1/2 oz packages made many diff ways checkout at super market