Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you had a leak in your port/tubing and had to have it replaced?

Have you had a leak in your port or tubing?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a leak in your port or tubing?

• Yes, I had my port/tubing replaced.
    • Yes, I have not had the leak fixed though.
    • No, I haven't has any problems like that!
    • Port? Tubing? What the heck is that??

Brilliant Make3, so glad its all over for you, and the news about the fill is tremendous!!!

So was it a general anesthetic, well at least you were prepared for the worse, even though it didnt happen eh lol.

I live just outside Liverpool in the North of England, but many years ago when I was about 15 I used to live in Sandwich and Deal, both in Kent. My dad was in the RAF so we travelled around a lot.

My sister and brother in law live in washington, it is a small world.

A war bride, ahh thats so sweet, is your mum still alive?

Mine is and she's nearly 95 !

I had a leak but they fixed it with "Fix-a-flat". So far so good, its been over a year.

I had to have my port replaced last year due to a leak in the tubing (was punctured during a fill) and I'm wondering how common this problem is.

Please answer the poll and discuss!

Hi - I had an unusual situation and wonder if it's arisen with anyone else.

I had my band inserted Apr.2008. I had it removed two weeks ago. After the first few fills, they did a de-fill a couple of times just to see where I was at. (I had a 10cc Johnson & Johnson band) Both times the amount was less then they had told me they put in (which I had kept track of). Leak? - you'd think, although no ever mentioned that might be the problem.

Next thing you know it's too tight - within 6 mon. after insertion. Now they can't extract anything. My doctor wanted to remove it and hopefully replace at the same time if necessary. In the meantime he stopped practicing in ON. The clinic didn't want to help me - not if it was going to cost them anything.

More than a year after my doctor suggested surgery - and by now I've had 4 doctors from the clinic say it wasn't working and I need surgery - I had it removed in emergency at the hospital - this would be your tax dollars at work fellow Canadians. During the final week I could only get down a sip of Water every now and then, often not. For the surgery they started rehydrating me - I weighed 10 lbs. more the day after the surgery - that wasn't what I was looking for!

The doc who did removal said it was in right place, hadn't slipped or moved - no problems there. He also said it was empty - no fluid/saline.

What I'm wondering is how can that be? Why so much restriction/total restriction and nothing in the band?

Anyone have or hear of anything simular?

Thanks all. :frown:

Hi Freckles,

You mentioned the band had attached to your muscle. Is that something that does not happen often and how did that happen? Prevention? Thanks!

Hi Neyhad,

I'm sorry hun, I dont have a clue, that was what my surgeon told me the day of the removal of the faulty band.

Realistically I suppose anything that is implanted into your body will attach itself eventually.

Sorry i cant be of more help, maybe someone else can advise:blink:?

No problem Freckles....glad you are ok now!

My band has served me well...I am now 145lbs...down 80lbs! Now this 4cc band is leaking. Okay, I knew the risk..port and band leaks. BUT today after testing it appears to be leaking mid tubing. WHAT??? Something is wrong here. I see FDA is investigating band leaks and I will make sure mine is reported. I am hoping the insurance co will pay...then do I go for another or explore another option. Now it is a waiting game.

Thanks- Michelle