Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why can't I get the support I need[emoji17]

@@janedoe92 I know it is annoying.... but they are your family and they worry about you... I'm sure she thinks she is helping. I know it's a pain in the a$$, but just nod and say, Thanks Antie.. but i went through all the classes, did all my research and i'm prepared for this. Are you can go the other rout and start word vomiting all the info you have and show her how prepared you are.

Good lucky sweetie

Sometimes lady, just like someonr elsr said, you may have to cut them off in order to get better yourself. Sometimes the people that have alot of problems losing weight do really well when they drop those other extra pounds....lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Word arguing? Bayougirl, ive never heard it put this way but its right on the money ....lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

My family wasn't completely against the surgery at first.And they were not impressed the first couple months but they are certainly believers now that I'm smaller than they ever seen me and no longer unhealthy.

This was a part of my decision making process when I was deciding who to tell.

My wife and I both had the surgery and discussed it openly with her parents before hand. Her 70 year old father cried and her mother was intrigued (she's obese) and also worried, but respected our decision. She didn't support it. Her father still doesn't think we did the right thing.

I told my parents after I had it done (called them the night I got home). I always planned to tell them, but I knew my mom's anxiety would be through the roof and that would make it hard on my dad. I didn't expect their support: mom's a pharmacist and doesn't even support taking Tylenol for a headache. There's drugs/surgeries you NEED, and in her mind this was an elective. She's been better than I expected, and that's because (as she said) "well, it's done. You'll make the most of it now".

I'm not telling my brother. He's on steroids, a gym rat bodybuilder who never struggled with his weight when we were kids, and honestly - I just don't like him. I don't want to deal with listening to any more of his opinions than I have to.

Ditto for brother in law, except he's borderline functioning IQ for an adult. I don't want him going around fabricating stories that everyone (including him) knows are false, and dealing with his wife's sniper-gossip.

The long and short of it is this: we're adults. I'm 32, wifey is 27 and we've been paying our own way since day 1. We rely on each other and ourselves for support, and don't expect or demand it from anyone else.