Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will it ever happen?

My insurance requirements were pretty lengthy and I began my process i my home state only to get knocked back a step after my insurance told me it's a requirement for me to go to a center of excellence, and the closest one to me was almost 300 miles away:/ I cried a bit, but got it together and began contacting that hospital, that had its own trials and tribulations between constantly fighting with my mom (because she's scared for me to have the surgery) to trying to get time off for me to be able to travel and get some of my tests done. Got over that hump, had a consultation, and set up future appointments. Literally the next day I find out I have no insurance due to a discrepancy on their end, so I was forced to cancel all my appointments:/ this brought more tears and heartaches. I felt at my wits end as if it would never happen, and paying out of pocket just wasn't an option. I had to sit and twiddle my thumbs waiting for an appeal process to go through with insurance, and it finally did yesterday! First thing I did was call to set up my appointments. My first one is on Monday, but I don't find myself feeling that same happiness I once did. I find myself waiting for the next bad thing to happen, and I absolutely hate feeling this way my only hope is I eventually get out of this funk and I'm able to finally find the joy about this new journey I once had.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Waiting for approval was really hard for me mentally, so I know how you feel. Once you make a decision and are ready to move forward, it is frustrating to have to wait on someone else. Maybe think of it this way, you are already on the journey. Its just that the surgery may happen at a different point on the journey than you originally planned.

Good luck and I hope it all comes together soon.

Embrace the time between now and when it happens. This a great time to work on the changes that you will need to do. Like not drinking while eating, practice chewing and chewing more. Slow down when you eat. Maybe start walking some. And do your research on surgeries. Keep going on sites to learn all of the ins and outs of whichever surgery you are having. I know it is very hard to keep up the joy when you keep getting knocked down again. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Embrace the time between now and when it happens. This a great time to work on the changes that you will need to do. Like not drinking while eating, practice chewing and chewing more. Slow down when you eat. Maybe start walking some. And do your research on surgeries. Keep going on sites to learn all of the ins and outs of whichever surgery you are having. I know it is very hard to keep up the joy when you keep getting knocked down again. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

That's a good idea, I'll try and work on the changes to keep my mind occupied, definitely don't want to overthink this whole thing, thanks!

Hello im bre i hope all goes well this time around. Just stay focused and try yo stay committed. I too am feeling down cause i was told i had to do a 6 month program which turns out might be damn near a 9 month program and waiting period....smh

《BreBaby》

Hello im bre i hope all goes well this time around. Just stay focused and try yo stay committed. I too am feeling down cause i was told i had to do a 6 month program which turns out might be damn near a 9 month program and waiting period....smh

《BreBaby》

Thank you Bre:) I'm trying to be a little more positive and going to focus on health as a whole. Why is it that your program is 9 months?

Excellent way to keep moving forward. You've already started your journey! Don't focus on the approval. The surgery is just one part of a bigger process. Keep working on you and stay diligent with your insurance and appointments. It'll happen.

@@janedoe92

Sorry to hear things started out this way for you. Getting through the process really is a bit of a roller coaster ride, some great ups and serious downs.

I am not a crier and found myself i tears more times that I even want to say during the 9 month pre op phase. It had everything to do with insurance companies and doctors not having available appointments.

My advice would be to expect many bumps in the road but you will get there and when you do, it will be worth every single step you put into it.

For me, surgery day was like Christmas morning when i was a litttle girl. I was not at all nervous just excited to start my new life.

You will get there! In the mean time leverage the heck out of this time to begin building good behaviors because you will definately need them. You may find that the first 6 to 12 months you can just cruise through but as heavy weight loss slows down and you have to fight to get down to your goal, those habits will be needed to get you through.

Losing the last 20 and then maintaining is the hardest thing I have ever done but again, it is so worth it!

Best of luck to you and feel free to reach out if you have questions. We are all here......

@@janedoe92

Sorry to hear things started out this way for you. Getting through the process really is a bit of a roller coaster ride, some great ups and serious downs.

I am not a crier and found myself i tears more times that I even want to say during the 9 month pre op phase. It had everything to do with insurance companies and doctors not having available appointments.

My advice would be to expect many bumps in the road but you will get there and when you do, it will be worth every single step you put into it.

For me, surgery day was like Christmas morning when i was a litttle girl. I was not at all nervous just excited to start my new life.

You will get there! In the mean time leverage the heck out of this time to begin building good behaviors because you will definately need them. You may find that the first 6 to 12 months you can just cruise through but as heavy weight loss slows down and you have to fight to get down to your goal, those habits will be needed to get you through.

Losing the last 20 and then maintaining is the hardest thing I have ever done but again, it is so worth it!

Best of luck to you and feel free to reach out if you have questions. We are all here......

Thank you so much it means a lot and it's weird, but it makes me feel a lot better seeing that others had troubles too, but kept going, definitely some great inspiration on here!

@@janedoe92 I always feel sorry when having to read something like post. The waiting period is awful, though I don't like the term "waiting period". It's way more awful than having to wait for something you know that will happen for sure in a few month since it's not simply "waiting for something" after all - you don't know if you will get approval or not. The uncertainty is killing. It sometimes feels like life is on hold. Don't let that happen.

I remember my own fight with the insurance company. The tears, the anxiety. Even after I got approved there was this nagging thought of "What if they draw back the approval? It happened to people!" The anxiety did only stop when I finally woke up after surgery.

《BreBaby》

Thank you Bre:) I'm trying to be a little more positive and going to focus on health as a whole. Why is it that your program is 9 months?

Well i have my last appt. Dec 27th and then ill be ready to submitt everything to the board but the hosp. Im having surgery at only has one surgeon and they saying he a lil backed up and its like a 2 to 8 week wait. Smh its like as soon as u move forward u get some more bad news. But imma try to just wait it out. I thought i would be getting sleeved in January but looks like maybe March!

《BreBaby》

I waited 4 YEARS!! Paid for by our provincial health care, there is a long waiting list!! The day I went in for surgery, they came to get me ahead of time cause the poor guy ahead of me got on the table and it was decided he was not ready for surgery, something to do with his preop diet!! I didn't know if it was going to happen until I woke up in recovery!! It'll happen when it should happen! Good luck!!

Totally what I did and I lost almost 45 pounds before my surgery!!

And this is really great advice!!

《BreBaby》

Well i have my last appt. Dec 27th and then ill be ready to submitt everything to the board but the hosp. Im having surgery at only has one surgeon and they saying he a lil backed up and its like a 2 to 8 week wait. Smh its like as soon as u move forward u get some more bad news. But imma try to just wait it out. I thought i would be getting sleeved in January but looks like maybe March!

《BreBaby》

Oh dang, yeah and my hospital I'm at doesn't talk dates until all tests are done and I'm approved. Hopefully your time goes by fast though!

And this is really great advice!!

Actually it was 55 pounds before surgery!! Not 45 !!