Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost, Feeling Lower Than Snake Wizz, Huge Fail On My Part

There are some frozen meals I take to work all the time in case of food emergency. Try Lean Cuisine Sweet Sriracha--180 calories and 15g of Protein. Or get Healthy Choice Honey Balsamic chicken. It's 210 calories and 14g Protein. Their Beef Merlot is 180 calories and 15g protein.

Even if you can't cook, you can still stock up on meals at work.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

@@ChunkyChicTrying

I really disagree with all these you are on a diet and you have to watch what you eat for the rest of your life, people posting in your thread. I feel like that the kind of attitude that sets people up for failure. If you feel like you are on a diet forever, you will be willing to cheat and worse.

I completely changed my attitude towards food. I don't eat my feelings. I don't reward myself with food (lipstick is a far better reward). If I am stressed I go for a walk or do jumping jacks.

I eat in a way that I find enjoyable and do not at all feel deprived (keto) and it is a way of life not a diet. I can eat anywhere, and make easy choices. If for some reason I eat off plan it is a one time thing and that is it.

My suggestion is to find a way to eat that you like, that doesn't feel like punishment and fits into your lifestyle. Which might require some real soul searching.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

I have quickly lost and slowly regained the same weight MANY times for many reasons.

I think that you know what you need to do (Protein first, so you get your daily requirement, then veggies and OCCASIONAL high calorie carbs)

Divide your pre planed daily food into 3-6 portions no surgery drinks, candy or desert till you lose however much weight you need for optimalhealth. Drink Water or low cal fluids.

Find some support. Check in often.

Yes I know that it's easier said than done. I suspect we all know.

It tak3s time we relapse just pick yourself up ,and do it right this time good l6ck

A Salaam Alaykum

Agreed!

Inshallah!

I am super proud of myself today! I meal prep for the week as I type, baked chicken breast low carb veggies, salads and Protein shakes, getting my 7 days ready! Sunday will be me day and prep day! Got in a 1 mile walk, not much but better than I have been the last 9 months! I have to remember to keep myself grounded and well Rome was not built in a day, so I am in for the life change I must face for the long haul!

Other thing I did not realize how far I fell short, my vitamins! All those are portioned and zip-lock bagged for easy daily consumption!

Thank you my new found friends/ WLS sisters & brothers, I appreciate all your help understanding, guidance and even scolding at times we all need the reality check!

Edited by ChunkyChicTrying

It is refreshing to see some admit that THEY screwed up. You didn't blame anyone, say that you cheated or say that you couldn't help yourself. So truly, thank you and good luck!

First of all, take a deep breath! Secondly, congratulations on losing 100 pounds! Even if you did gain some of it back, just be thankful that you haven't gotten back to 300+. You have realized there is a problem, and you have done the right thing by coming here to discuss it. Proud of you!

My best advice for you is to take a day to maybe purchase some Protein Shakes in bulk. Do you have a costco or Sam's Club nearby? (Or really any warehouse that sells groceries in bulk.) On that free day that you have, try to write a grocery list for a week or two worth of healthy items. Sometimes, for dinner, all I eat is 2 cheese Heads cheese sticks (90 calories each and with 6g of protein) with about 1 or 2 ounces of packaged pepperoni (16 slices are about 6-8g of protein). Some grocery stores also sell Protein yogurts with 21g of protein in them. Either eat a yogurt, a Protein Bar, or a Protein Shake in the mornings, some meats and cheeses for lunch, and a small dinner (maybe some grilled or boiled chicken, or your favorite kind of meat). Protein keeps you full and helps with unhealthy cravings. Search for protein type foods. Buy cheese and yogurts, and try your best to graze those things instead of fast food. You can do this!

Buy and use a Garmin Index scale. It measures weight, BMI, body fat, muscle mass, bone mass and Water weight.

I know if I gained or lost muscle, fat, bone mass or Water.< /p>

I have the fitbit one the Aria, and i love it, i also wear a fitbit charge to track my movements!

I too struggle mostly because of a job. My current job is a night 'boss' situation. i really like the job, and it works really well for my schooling (i'm in a Doctor of Nursing Practice (NP) program). So I have to stick it out for about 24 more months. however, i have had 2 different bariatric docs talk to me about how night shift work goes against every thread of normal sleep/wake cycle that we have and is absolutely the worst thing for me. as much as i'd love to switch to days, right now i really can't. nights allows me to have time with my family AND get my residency hours done for school, and there is no day shift position that is the exact same as mine. the job i do is specifically meant for night time when the administration goes home.

I found myself eating ALL the time at the new gig. i realized that i was eating just to stay awake. As a result i gained about 15 lbs. so I'm really truly trying now to be conscious of my eating. I prep, take a meal with me, take a Quest bar, keep some Protein shake mixes in my drawer in my office, etc.

The downside is the cafeteria has awesome food and it's always still open when i get there. i find myself on auto pilot many nights and head in there for junk. so i'm really trying now to just keep out. i also am really REALLY working hard to only get stuff that is friendly to my lifestyle.

hang in there.

To chunky chick trying your post and all the F/U and dialog is inspiring. I also work in medicine and the stress and environment can be very difficult. I am 15 months out haven't regained, but still 15 from goal. I feel more positive and refocused. I wish you the very best. Take care of yourself