Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve scheduled for 10/19- would you do it again?

I am only 9 weeks out but I would not do it again as of right now. I feel horrible and can eat or drink very little. It makes me feel like a sick person- whereas before I just felt like a fat person.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've read a lot trying to make a decision on this and it seems some people have a rough start but that things do get better. I certainly hope this is the case for you as well and soon!!! Xoxo

I am only 9 weeks out but I would not do it again as of right now. I feel horrible and can eat or drink very little. It makes me feel like a sick person- whereas before I just felt like a fat person.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've read a lot trying to make a decision on this and it seems some people have a rough start but that things do get better. I certainly hope this is the case for you as well and soon!!! Xoxo

Jaylee, my husband and I never had pain, nausea, or any negative problems after the sleeve. I felt like did pre-surgery, no problem. I spent 8 hours outpatient, and 1 painpill at home. I feel bad for the people who have had problems, but the are so many who did great. Fear was worse than the surgery! So happy we did it!

I would definitely do it again, but it was miserable for me. I didn't have any complications, but my hunger never left. My stomach would growl so loud others could hear it. I was hungry all the time for the first three months, but could not eat. I was miserable. Now 7 months out, I am used to my growling tummy and less food. But now thirsty all the time, and is hard to get Water in.

But, in the end so very worth it! 238 to 161, 20 lbs from goal. No diabetes, no sleep apnea, I had a hernia they repaired so no more reflux. But most amazingly of all I have had Migraines for 4 to 5 days a week for years. I have had one Migraine in the last 7 months. That alone made it totally worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I wish I could go back and not do it. Just not a good choice for me.

Agreed

I just passed my 6 month mark last week, and I would absolutely do it again. An amazing life changing tool.

If I went back...I'd get my ass off the couch and not get to the point I needed it. But since that isn't possible, I am glad I've done this. I'd do it again. Even with the ups and downs...the mistakes I've made in the beginning (goofy newbie stuff) ...it is worth it.

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for posting. I'm in the same boat with lower bmi but co morbidities. I'm heading around home plate on all the hoops. Just need sleep apnea results and a date. I'm getting nervous, but overall excited for the journey. Good luck.

I am still pre-op, however, I was scheduled for surgery in March 2012 and it was canceled due to circumstances outside of my control. Here I am, almost five years later, and I WISH I had just stuck to my guns and just did it! I have spent so much time wondering who I would be today if I hadn't been bullied out of it. You've got this!! You're so close. Good luck!!

I am still pre-op, however, I was scheduled for surgery in March 2012 and it was canceled due to circumstances outside of my control. Here I am, almost five years later, and I WISH I had just stuck to my guns and just did it! I have spent so much time wondering who I would be today if I hadn't been bullied out of it. You've got this!! You're so close. Good luck!!

It is never too late. Do not wait til you are 67 like us to take control of your life. It has been amazing. Your health MATTERS! Good luck!

Appreciate everyone who took the time to give their feedback! I feel I'd be the same as the poster above who wonders how they would be today if I don't move forward so say a prayer for me! Grateful for this community to support me in all phases

I'M 9 weeks out, was a little rocky at first, with blood pressure issues, but having energy, and not wasting time eating and contributing to the problem is great. One funny fact for me was when I had the surgery and I got up and walked, I remember thinking, I am still fat!!! Part of my brain was so geared for weight loss, I almost believed having the surgery would result in me waking up thin. lololol, but it does come off. I am 61 and am glad I did this, it will add years to my life!!

@@jaylee9146 how much weight do you want to lose? I'm assuming you have exhausted all other avenues? Do you have any health issues due to the extra weight? I will not lie today was day 7. And I finally was able to decrease my pEMCO set in half. I think though I wouldn't have been so bad if when the day after I got home I took my meds and cleaned like a mad woman and then Saturday was rough due to my grandsons sports from 11 am to 5pm. So yesterday I pretty much took the entire day/ night to try to fix myself. It worked. But I have 85lbs to lose and have health issues partly because of the extra weight. For me too soon to answer your question fairly I think. The worst part is the Gases trapped in our body. And also having to roll around like a barrel because you can't use your stomach muscles...,

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Email: mr110726@gmail.com

I think one very important note is that in the beginning it's a full time job trying to make sure you get enough of all needed on a daily basis. Okay today I laced a bit on the Water bu got 80 grams of PROTIEN so I feel good anyway. Everyday won't be perfect unless you measure out everything for the day. And I mean cups that hold 2 oz and sip it before the next 15 min 2 oz comes around. Lol but that will come with time

Michelle Rose

Spring TX 77373

Email: mr110726@gmail.com

One hundred percent id do it again!

I feel the same way. I regret it so much. Every day I regret it. I started 245 when I got surgery. I have other posts talking about regret.