Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What questions can the newbies ask?

I get so scared asking questions, yes I use the search bar and some of the times the question was asked in 2013 or so. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or upset anyone. But what questions are us newbies allowed to ask? I know we could probably get annoying but it's a lot of excitement. Anyways, just thought I should ask because I know this a forum to ask questions and for the support that most people don't get outside of this group, but it feels like the newbies are not welcomed. Thank you.

Disclaimer- I am not saying this to be rude or to start anything, please don't be rude to me.

I am so sorry you feel this way. Ask anything you want because there are seriously nice people here. I was a bit intimidated three years ago, but please , I learned and you can learn, to pull up those big girl panties and meet some wonderful people here. Now, ask away!!!!! This is a very scary journey for most of people, a big step out.

Feel free to ask anything. This is a huge step you're taking, so its quite alright to be asking questions. From my short time visiting this site, most have seemed very humble and welcoming. I mean we are all in this together in a sense. I am currently almost two months out, so ill try to answer any questions you may have ;).

When I began this journey, I watched plenty of video logs on youtube to hear different experiences and it most definitely gave me insight as well as inspiration. Good luck to you!

Edited by jsosa2033

You can ask anything. You wont always get the answer you wanted to hear or phrased in a way you like. That's just the nature of a public forum. But you know what? Those responses that are more tough love/swift kick in the pants are often the most valuable. They aren't saying things to be mean (well some may) but rather if they see a question that is proposing dangerous behavior, they want the seriousness of the situation to be understood. and yes there are some post topics that the vets get annoyed with seeing over and over such as "i lost 10lbs my first week and haven't lost any the last 2 days, this is a failure" "I only lost 30lbs my first month, why am I losing so slow?" and "i'm one week post op and tired of liquids so I ate some tacos, clearly my surgeon must have screwed up my surgery" etc.

There are very nice and helpful "vets" here. Ask away and ignore the negativity if you get any. Although, remember that tone is hard to determine through text, so some things you take offense to, may have just been interpreted wrong. I've had rude people but I've also gotten defensive for reading to much into people's response. Good luck. There is lots of great info on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gustavio

I'm still fairly new here and I just ask whatever is on my mind. Mostly people respond quite a bit, sometimes bit as much but some better then none. I never got tge impression that new people weren't welcome. I feel bad that you feel unwelcome????

You ask anything you want, whenever and however many times that you want. It's a message board, not a database.

I'm an in-betweener...not complete newbie...but no where near a vet. Anyways, everyone has been great on here. Look around and see if your question has been answered before, but if you don't find it or are in a hurry...ask away!! Welcome aboard!

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

@@hudjess I completely understand- this board has intimidated me several times as well. And sometimes you do want need more recent responses . But there are also a lot of super helpful people that won't mind answering and re answering. I am pretty new so I will try to answer some redundant questions but I still need lots of help myself

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm new and I probably ask dumb questions all the time. I also use search, but it's not the best. I've had really nice answers. The only thing I haven't received an answer on is something extremely specific that I can't seem to google or find anywhere.

Everyone has posted really great things already in this thread.

It's up to the individual if they will open a topic and respond. Don't worry if it's been asked, I'm sure a lot of people have joined since something was posted.

I'm sure there will be more thoughts, ideas and perceptive. We all have something different to add.

Edited by Ebony Rose