Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hang in there, everybody!

Well, i am still working semi-hard. it was a tough 5 days for me. after losing my dad, we had his headstone placed this past friday and had a very ugly reality check hit me. up until now that grave was just a spot. now it's where my dad is. very surreal.

so i had an UGLY episode of stress eating and just complete failure, but i recognize it and continue onward. i found these Atkins drinks plus a few new Protein options my NUT told me about- i'll post that in another thread.

So just putting my hand out for anybody here who needs some support, or a lift upward, or just someone to listen. i get it, i'm going through it too.

Oh man, that's the worst. I'm so thankful that both of my folks are still with us and still in pretty good health. I've always been pretty close to them, especially my Mom...I'm not sure what I'm going to do when they eventually pass. I know I'm going to be an emotional wreck for a while though. Hang in there, but I know what you must feel and I empathize.

So sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a parent. My Mom passed 11 years ago, and I miss her every single day. My Dad is still here, and doing well. It will be very difficult when he goes because then they are both gone. But, I won't dwell on that and just enjoy the time we have here and now.

I totally understand the struggle with stress eating. It seems like once you go back to regular foods, those old bad habits want to make their way back into your life. I've been the same weight now for at least the last month or so, and I'm 6 months out. I know weight loss begins to slow, but I'm not budging at all! Guess I need to reevaluate what I'm eating and the caloric intake.

Anybody who thinks this is the "easy" way to get rid of weight only needs to go through it to understand there is nothing "easy" about it.

Hang in there. We will all get through this.

@@mi75, the infinitely varied responses to the loss of an important person are fascinating. Your offer of support to others now is so very generous and wise in that it will bring support to you. I think your father would be proud of you. I've posted this poem a couple of times when it seemed especially relevant. It speaks to what you're expressing here.

Epitaph
By Merrit Malloy

When I die
Give what’s left of me away
To children
And old me that wait to die.

And if you need to cry,
Cry for your brother
Walking the street beside you.
And when you need me,
Put your arms
Around anyone
And give them
What you need to give to me.

I want to leave you something,
Something better
Than words
Or sounds.

Look for me
In the people I’ve known
Or loved,
And if you cannot give me away,
At least let me live on in your eyes
And not your mind.

You can love me most
By letting
Hands touch hands,
By letting bodies touch bodies,
And by letting go
Of children
That need to be free.

Love doesn’t die,
People do.
So, when all that’s left of me
Is love,
Give me away.

WLSResources - just beautiful! How loving.