Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bandsters Progress

Hey poohlvr, I am feeling better but not 100 %. Today was the first day that I didn't feel nauseated but I am still getting gas pains like heart burn. But they are not as frequent. More during the night than the day. I guess because I am lying down. I do think by wednesday it should be all done. I am still not feeling hungry but my stomach growls like crazy. Although I am craving meat!!! My stomach (incisions) are doing quite well, no bruising the only one that has some bleading thru the sterile tape is the large one I think thats were the port is. My stomach is itchy but i think that is from the tape. How is your pre-op diet going?

Hi all, my surgery is the 13th. i start my liquid only tomorrow and i have lost 12 pounds since my pre-op visit. I have to lose 3 more by surgery day. So far it has not been too bad but i wish this week would go faster... Any one else have the 13th for surgery day?

hey' we have the same date I am so excited, we leave tommorow for Mexico, I have all my labs on wensday and surgery on thursday!

Were are you having yours done? It looks like were pretty close in age and weight and have the same goals, it will be nice to keep in touch.

GOOD LUCK!

Well, I don't really have to do the pre-op diet. But I am kinda trying to do it. I started this morning (9 days from surgery). I am eatting dinner tonight though. Then Wednesday morning I have a MOPS meeting and they serve Breakfast, so that they won't ask questions I will eat a small Breakfast. Then Friday night, hubby and I have a date night and we are going to dinner and a movie. So, three times I plan on eatting when I shouldn't. I figured the pre-op diet would get my weight loss started and drop a few pounds before surgery!

I am glad to hear that you are doing so much better! It won't be long and you will be back to yourself again!

Hi LaBella,

I am having my band done here in Tulsa, OK. Not as exotic as Mexico but less travel... I am so sad right now, the Dr's office just called and changed my date to Monday the 17th. I had all my plans made with work and help with the kiddos and know i have to re-arrange it all. I am now grumpy... but it will be fine, i know. I would love to keep in touch even though we are not having our bands on the same day anymore. Good luck in Mexico. Let us know how everything goes. I will think about you on thursday and pray for a great recovery!!

Hi LaBella,

I am having my band done here in Tulsa, OK. Not as exotic as Mexico but less travel... I am so sad right now, the Dr's office just called and changed my date to Monday the 17th. I had all my plans made with work and help with the kiddos and know i have to re-arrange it all. I am now grumpy... but it will be fine, i know. I would love to keep in touch even though we are not having our bands on the same day anymore. Good luck in Mexico. Let us know how everything goes. I will think about you on thursday and pray for a great recovery!!

Hang in there, at least you know your still getting your band, And its only 4 days later, i'll still thikn of you as my band buddy, your the first to wish me luck(made me cry) I haven't told only my two girls and my sister, so it was pretty nice to have someone wish me well, I am leaving for Mexico today I have to be their for pre-op tomorrow, I gettin so nervus, I am going to mexico only so I can afford it, where i live its the same distence to Salt lake City as it is to Mexico so hey half price $ that makes it able for me to even get it.

Any way good luck to you Ill be thinking of you, I wont get to post till i get home Saturday,

:clap2:Then I'll be a real BANDSTER!

I am going on Day 5 post-op. Today has been the best day by far. Yesterday I was able to shower by myself & dress myself.

Last night was the first night back in my own bed!! IT is a really high bed so it was hell getting in. I have been sleeping in a recliner.

My dr. didn't specify how much Water I should be drinking. I have been drinking between 40-60oz a day.

I only took gas x twice (day 2 & 3) then I stopped taking it bc I was getting some weird rumbling in my stomach after I took it.

I bet that shower felt great didn't it Tulipstar? My bed is pretty high, so I was thinking about how I was going to get in it too. I thought maybe I could just roll in! Maybe not huh? Recliner wouldn't be so bad, easier to get in and out of huh? I am glad to hear that you are doing great at day 5 post op! It gives me hope!

Hey everyone...I'm Day 2 post op...I can say that I feel MUCH better than yesterday. I was able to get out of bed on my own this morning which was awesome, yesterday I was at my parent's house and had to have my dad help me.

I'm able to shower, dress myself...pretty much just can't bend over at all. I was able to paint my toenails. It took awhile, but they look pretty now! :confused:

I'm walking more today than yesterday, because I'm told it'll help me heal faster and I'll feel better!

Woot! Can't wait for day 3!! :)

Kimmie - I am glad to hear that you are doing better and you could paint your toe nails - I can't wait to see mine! I will go tomorrow or Tuesday and have them done and my surgery in scheduled for Wednesday! Only a few days away now!!! Woohoo! I am down and out with my back right now, so surgery is one of the last things on my mind. I just hope to be able to walk after my surgery, since that is key to healing.

Hi everyone-

I am 12 days into my pre op diet, Medi Fast. It actually hasn't been too bad. I have lost 17 lbs according to my scale...I have to lose 20 by Friday, surgery day.

I am getting very nervous, thinking about food A LOT! I did all of my shopping for my Vitamins, Protein drinks, Jello, heating pad, ice pack, you name it..this weekend, so that I would be 100% prepared. I even bought a new laptop for work, so that I can work while I am in bed.

Did anyone else begin to doubt their decision and feel like you found out more negative stuff as it got closer?

I don't usually get nervous about this kind of stuff, but I am not too sure I will sleep much this week.

I wonder...will I lose the weight or will it be back to the same old stuff? Paying $17000 should make me stick to it, don't you think?!?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress.

:nervous:nervous

it definitely should! i read up on the surgery for months and months...knew of all the complications going in, so i wasn't THAT nervous.

you'll be fine, and i have no doubt you'll lose the rest of those 20 pounds by friday! if you need anything, shoot me a message! :)

Time4Me: I started having some doubts but made sure I focused on all the positive comments on this site. I keep having fears that I'm going to be that person that constantly PB's. I am horrible throwing up--it just about makes me pass out I strain so hard so I am not looking forward to that at all. My surgery is tomorrow --- it's real now and I'm getting really nervous. Good luck to you. I know you'll hit the 20 pound mark!

I think you would be unusual if you didn't have doubts. I think whenever you have surgery though there are going to be things that you have to get over, some worse than others. I am really suprised that my self control is so much better after surgery than it was before. I'll admit there were times that I didn't stick to my pre-op diet, but for some reason "cheating" post-op isn't the same. It is a lot easier to stick to the plan and when I did go off I ate a piece of velvetta cheese or an ounce more of Soup. You will do great, just remember to take one day at a time.

Time4Me: I started having some doubts but made sure I focused on all the positive comments on this site. I keep having fears that I'm going to be that person that constantly PB's. I am horrible throwing up--it just about makes me pass out I strain so hard so I am not looking forward to that at all. My surgery is tomorrow --- it's real now and I'm getting really nervous. Good luck to you. I know you'll hit the 20 pound mark!

Just happened to come across your post and wanted to let you know that I had the same fear (PBing all the time) My sister had her band in July and was throwing up daily for the first month and I was really worried that I would have the same thing. I was banded Sep. 6th and still have not thrown up once! Also, I walked a lot during those first few days and really didn't have any gas pain either. So WALK, WALK, WALK!!! I think it really helps. And really stick to the post op diet, do exactly what it says and you should be fine! Will look forward to seeing how your goes! I was sooo nervous before my surgery, and since I had it, I realized it was no big deal. I have loved my band and never wonder why I did this or have any regrets! Good luck!!!