Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastics consult- questions for PS vets

Sooooo

Had my plastics consult today. Top notch guy, did my moms reconstruction after mastectomy.

First order of business- breast lift. No implants- don't need more size. Would also remove the waterfall area that we ladies are all too familiar with that occurs under our arms over the bra strap.

Even though I still have 25 ish left to lose, he could do this procedure as soon as I wanted. Basically nothing left to lose above the waist.

Would be done in a surgi-center, all told $10k

Ugh!

What I'm having a hard time dealing with are the scars- the "keyhole" or "anchor" scar. I don't know if I can live with it, quite honestly. If it were only on the underside or side of the breasts, fine. But the fact that it comes up the bottom center of the actual breast all of the way to the nipple? Ugh

I'm almost thinking take them all off, pop in some implants and voila! No need for a lift, no worry about breast cancer, done.

Anyone have a lift only? How bad are the scars once they've healed a couple of years??

Also- no drains for lift or the body lift we discussed. That's a plus!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had 2 consults, and both surgeons wanted me to have maintained my goal weight for a year (which I had at that point). They said the results of the surgery could be damaged if you gained or lost weight after the surgery. I'm amazed you found someone to do it before you're at a stable weight?

Hi Lisa- I had a breast lift about five years ago (and 100lbs ago) because I was naturally large chested. It was a lift / reduction with the anchor and key hole. I will say-- with the overall change to my body- long term, I am so happy I did it. The scars were very noticeable year one, but as time has gone on, I do not even see them. I feel better, I was less body conscious and my clothes fit better. Think about long term not the short term, and that may help you make a better decision. Consider how clothes, bras, and your overall comfort may change. Good luck!

I had the anchor incision and am pale (especially on areas that see no sun lol) and I'm pleasantly surprised at my scars! By a year out they were hardly noticeable.

I had implants but that wasn't relevant to the scarring part. I had very little tissue left!

I had a donut lift, so just scarring around the nipple, no line down the bottom. My scars are still pretty noticeable when i actually LOOK at them, but i am so used to them that they don't bother me in the slightest. My husband was used to them too, so I was worried when we separated and I started dating new people. But honestly, no one cared. I'm now in a new steady relationship and my BF couldn't care less about them.

I had 2 consults, and both surgeons wanted me to have maintained my goal weight for a year (which I had at that point). They said the results of the surgery could be damaged if you gained or lost weight after the surgery. I'm amazed you found someone to do it before you're at a stable weight?

It may be because my weight gain was mostly medication- induced and then due to lack of movement from the pain I was in?? There wasn't a weight issue prior to my getting sick. Who knows?

I know most plastics guys want you stable for at least 6 months. Another surgeon I wanted to consult with won't even SEE me until I hit my target weight. Not even to consult for costs.

Either way, I would not consider doing anything yet.

First- the cost-need to save for it;

Second- I DO want to be at goal.

Fortunately, the weight continues to come off without stalls, albeit a little slower now. 2lbs drop since day before yesterday! Lol. LOVE this tool!! More? Love having gotten my life back and all of the opportunities and changes it has effected for me!

Did you end up having the plastics yet?

I had a donut lift, so just scarring around the nipple, no line down the bottom. My scars are still pretty noticeable when i actually LOOK at them, but i am so used to them that they don't bother me in the slightest. My husband was used to them too, so I was worried when we separated and I started dating new people. But honestly, no one cared. I'm now in a new steady relationship and my BF couldn't care less about them.

Thanks! Makes me feel better

Hi Lisa- I had a breast lift about five years ago (and 100lbs ago) because I was naturally large chested. It was a lift / reduction with the anchor and key hole. I will say-- with the overall change to my body- long term, I am so happy I did it. The scars were very noticeable year one, but as time has gone on, I do not even see them. I feel better, I was less body conscious and my clothes fit better. Think about long term not the short term, and that may help you make a better decision. Consider how clothes, bras, and your overall comfort may change. Good luck!

Ahhhhh- to be able to wear tops in the appropriate size!!! Not needing to purchase a larger size just because your breasts are too big!!! I can wear Medium shirts that don't button but have to go to Larges of they are buttoned and fitted for that reason.

Following and very curious. I was about to get reduction because of back pain before I decided on WLS. 40/42 DDD before WLS. On a 5'1 frame! Yikes! I was sure insurance would pay. Now I am 34/36 C/D. Skin fills most of my bra[emoji34]. I even wonder if I have enough breast tissue to manage a B if I got a lift. So I know you need to remove so much tissue to get a reduction and have insurance pay. Does skin tissue count? How much tissue to qualify as a reduction and get insurance to pay? There is no way I can afford it without help. But I know it costs about 7000 here out of pocket. So that helps. My boobs give a new meaning to the term deflate gate!

Following and very curious. I was about to get reduction because of back pain before I decided on WLS. 40/42 DDD before WLS. On a 5'1 frame! Yikes! I was sure insurance would pay. Now I am 34/36 C/D. Skin fills most of my bra. I even wonder if I have enough breast tissue to manage a B if I got a lift. So I know you need to remove so much tissue to get a reduction and have insurance pay. Does skin tissue count? How much tissue to qualify as a reduction and get insurance to pay? There is no way I can afford it without help. But I know it costs about 7000 here out of pocket. So that helps. My boobs give a new meaning to the term deflate gate!

No sadly skin doesn't count for the removal it's grams of breast tissue.

Your story is very much like mine. I was up to like a 42G but probably should have been wearing something bigger.

After my loss it was 32DDD but t was all skin rolled up into the bra. Lift and 300cc implants put me back to 32DDD which was great bc I didn't have buy new bras LOL! They look perfectly in proportion which is odd I thought I'd like a C+D- myself and were it totally up to me I probably wouldn't have done implants but at DH's and the surgeons urging I did and they do look perfect. But I do have to try on shirts all the time now bc I never know if I will fit a small or a medium. If I liked my shirts clingy I could probably get away with small all the time, but I don't!

To the OP if you PM me I will send you scar pictures

My mother had a lift done in April with lollipop scars and they've already faded. She also had that droopy underarm bit that all women have taken care of. Looks great! She went from an E cup to a small D. Doesn't even have to wear a bra most days.

My mother had a lift done in April with lollipop scars and they've already faded. She also had that droopy underarm bit that all women have taken care of. Looks great! She went from an E cup to a small D. Doesn't even have to wear a bra most days.

How old is your mom?

@@LisaMergs I feel your pain... Im 5'2 , starting weight 230... bra 44H..... current weight 125-130 bra... 34H!! What the hell, i thought i would loose some cup size... but nooooo. And its not skin, they are still full. so now i have to buy large shirts and have the sides taken in or they look like a tent. I still want a reduction and lift, but im going through a divorce and can't afford it... (unless i find a sugar daddy).... hehehehehe

I did have a tt and love the results.

@@LisaMergs I feel your pain... Im 5'2 , starting weight 230... bra 44H..... current weight 125-130 bra... 34H!! What the hell, i thought i would loose some cup size... but nooooo. And its not skin, they are still full. so now i have to buy large shirts and have the sides taken in or they look like a tent. I still want a reduction and lift, but im going through a divorce and can't afford it... (unless i find a sugar daddy).... hehehehehe

I did have a tt and love the results.

Screw the sugar daddy thing- save and do it for yourself. You'll be happier with the results! And proud you managed on your own.

Mine went from 44DDD to 36-38DD- after the excess skin in the sides would be removed, easily a 34. I manage medium tops, but can't go to a smalls because of the girls. Lol

@@LisaMergs she's 66.