Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Flip flopping family member(s)

@@leebick it's great that your girl understood that being on liquids is hard and being around solids can be very hard! God bless them both for being supportive! I'm very thankful that my guy is on board and the kid. I didn't eat anything today until after my NUT appointment. I'm lucky I do not have any real restrictions. Just healthier eating. I am not allowed my candy bars, cakes chips etc. I swear I eat worst than a kid.

I felt stupid sitting there and her telling me better choices. Mainly because I had never heard of a few of the things she mentioned. But I sucked it up and asked. Thankfully she didn't laugh at me. She advised me to prepare certain items in advance (boiled eggs, steel cut oats etc) which makes sense. Cause then I can just grab and go.

After the appointment we headed to the market and man... Healthy eating is expensive. A box of captain crunch is 3-4 bucks. Steel cut oats $6.99 but. It's my health so it's worth it. Man I'm gonna miss late night throwback tv shows and the captain.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm lucky that my husband and daughter are 100% supportive of my surgery. My daughter came to stay while I was in the hospital, and when she was here she made 2 weeks worth of dinners for my husband, so I won't have to cook or be in the kitchen while I am on liquids. They are my rocks!

I had a "goodbye food" week. I ate my favorite meals at my favorite restaurants, but I didn't go overboard, ordering appetizers and Desserts in addition to my meals. I went to 50 cent buffalo wing night at the local pub, and we had a beer and pizza night (wood fired- yum!) another night. I had Mexican food one night and Chinese another. We went to Olive Garden, (where I didn't order Fettuccini alfredo), and to a local restaurant where I had prime rib and baked potato. I ate all my favorite foods, not because I won't ever be able to et them again, but because it's going to be a looooooong time before these things are allowed in my diet, and because I won't be eating what I like in the quantities I used to. Actually, I think I had more issue with knowing I'll be limited in quantity that in worrying about "never" eating something again. I LIKED being full. I liked eating 10 chicken wings, half a small pizza, a big cut of prime rib with a baked potato (only butter, no sour cream, not loaded). I know that's how I got so overweight, and I am ready to make the change, but while I know I'll be able to have the foods I liked, I'll never eat them in quantity again (thank goodness!)- so I was happy to make that little food pilgrimage, sort of like closing the door on my old habits and opening the door to new ones!

I just re-read this, too late to edit, so let me clarify: I DID NOT order appetizers and desserts with my meals during my food farewells. That was an example of what I'd consider "going overboard!" In fact, we rarely ever order apps and desserts in addition to Entrees. But I will admit to accompanying the pizza and wings meals with beer, and there might have been a margarita with the Mexican food!

Edited by leebick

@@leebick that's not so bad. From time to time we DO order an app and dessert. But the three of us share. And since hubby has been dieting (5months now) me and the kiddo skip the dessert. We don't want to be tempting him with stuff we know he shouldn't have. At home it's easier to not have those things in front of him. Hubby is not going for surgery. He is lucky enough to be losing without the need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Jane1979 I think when most people have a "food funeral" they binge on "bad" foods. I'm not having a food funeral but I am going to be saying goodbye to a few meals before my pre-op starts. My first "good bye" didn't go so well though - I had chicken carbonara with Pasta on Saturday (I did eat more than I usually do) - which last about 30 minutes before I had to run through Home Depot to get to a bathroom before a SHAT my pants! :o :blink: On Sunday - I had a "good-bye" to Pumpkinhead Ale (I might have another goodbye before next week). I will be saying good-bye to pizza (probably will only be able to eat 2 pieces) at my favorite place before my pre-op and most likely a calzone. I'll probably have a "see-ya later" party with Bloody Mary's this weekend. :P I've not gained weight - and don't plan on going on a bender before my pre-op diet starts - but I do want to enjoy some of my favorites.

@@Jane1979 I think when most people have a "food funeral" they binge on "bad" foods. I'm not having a food funeral but I am going to be saying goodbye to a few meals before my pre-op starts. My first "good bye" didn't go so well though - I had chicken carbonara with Pasta on Saturday (I did eat more than I usually do) - which last about 30 minutes before I had to run through Home Depot to get to a bathroom before a SHAT my pants! :o :blink: On Sunday - I had a "good-bye" to Pumpkinhead Ale (I might have another goodbye before next week). I will be saying good-bye to pizza (probably will only be able to eat 2 pieces) at my favorite place before my pre-op and most likely a calzone. I'll probably have a "see-ya later" party with Bloody Mary's this weekend. :P I've not gained weight - and don't plan on going on a bender before my pre-op diet starts - but I do want to enjoy some of my favorites.

Sorry about the carbonara- it's why I don't order alfredo anymore when we go to Olive Garden, and why Chinese food has become a "take out only" experience! Some form of dumping syndrome, I'm sure, and I hope that it won't follow me with my sleeve (one of the big reasons I chose sleeve instead of bypass!).

Since I paid for my surgery out of pocket (was denied by insurance because I didn't have any co morbid conditions such as type 2 diabetes or sleep apnea), the process went so fast for me that I hardly had time for food funerals! In fact, I didn't have time. I kind of wish now that I did, but that's the 3 week post op living on liquids me talking.