Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Long Luscious Locks

Ok...

So my hair isn't really long or luscious but it's all I've got. It's very fine but I've got quite a bit of it. So what can I expect post surgery? From what I've been reading Hair loss happens about 4 months out. Are we talking chunks falling out and bald spots to cover? I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

First appointment with surgeon: 8/26

Psych evaluation: 8/29

Upper GI: 9/2

Nutrition Class: 9/6

Final Psych appointment: 9/16 - cleared

Metabolic and Exercise Test: scheduled for 9/27

No surgery date yet

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I've got long luscious locks. Had them before surgery. Had then during. Have them after. And no, I did NOT use a special Shampoo. I just tried hard (and failed) to get in my Protein and fluids. No room for carbs at all for the first 6-8 months. (Or veggies!!) Took my regular Vitamins most days. I think the key is getting in not only your Protein, but a lot of healthy fat. Olive oil, nut butters, avocado...

post-175552-0-24294800-1474246495_thumb.jpg

During the process...

post-175552-0-23626100-1474246563_thumb.jpg

Last year...

@@LipstickLady You look fantastic!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

You look great! My hair is nice too. If I start losing it I will be sad. I remember losing a lot about 6 months post partum, but it all came back. I hope that's the same for this.

Mine thinned a bit, but that's something that happened every time I lost weight quickly through EVERY diet plan, WWs, JC, LAWL, Atkins. My nails would break like a mofo, too. My skin would be so dry it made the Sahara look like a rainforest...

This time around was no different, but I did have acrylic nails so that was better. :D And I moisturized the heck out of my body. Especially once I could reach all of it.

My pony tail is 1/2 the thickness it was- grateful now for the curly, thick Italian hair I was born with- the same hair that took me an hour to dry now takes all of 10 min. My blessing is that no one can tell except me- and my stylist. Looking forward to it behaving now that I've hit 6 months.

And @LipstickLady- yep!! Looking hot mama!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!