Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My doctor just recommended I sign up for custom supplements that are tailored to my DNA. He asked me to sign up here https://vitagene.com/hcp/zare.

Does anyone know this company?

Has anyone done a DNA based customer supplementation?

I am gaining weight again and I do feel tired and and have a problem sticking to my diet. My doctor says that optential nutrient dificiencies could be making it hard for me to stick to my diet.

any feedback is appreciated.

I'd find out if your doctor has a vested interest in the lab, product , company or research being done. They are supposed to disclose that, but sometimes they don't. Ask for research regarding the claims and check reputable source sources for your research.

Never heard of it and don't want to dig any deeper.

After RNY gastric bypass surgery, I have undergone regular periodic blood workups to determine if I am deficient in any Vitamins or nutrients. As a result, my supplements are tweaked to optimize my supplement intake. So the idea of DNA optimization seems rather theoretical whereas the blood workups are actual measured data optimization.

You mentioned that you are gaining weight again. There are two phases to RNY gastric bypass surgery. The first phase is called the "Weight Loss" phase and the second is called the "Maintenance" phase. These are distinctly different phases and require different approaches. Here is a short article that explains my approach to the "Maintenance" phase. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

@@meldoynia

I find it super creepy when a doctor is a sales agent or "pyramid" participant for products. In my experience the fact that your surgeon's name is at the end of the link says that it is his role. I believe that the link, which I will not click, leads to his own little area and order form.

Are you asking for opinions of the product or are you assisting him in selling? The phrase "...a DNA based customer (did you mean 'custom?') supplementation" screams of sale pitch.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

thank you everyone for the wonderful feedback, it is so nice to be on this site and get answers.

@@KristenLe, I asked and it is $75 per month for supplements and free DNA testing if you subscribe for a year.

@@TipTop in TX, I asked and they say the research came from Stanford and Berkeley.

@@James Marusek, thank you for the great info on blood. I asked them and they also will analyze my blood so it sounds like it is both genetics and blood results. I loved your article (wow). you are good.

@WLSResources/ClothingExch, thanks, I talked to a few other patients of Dr. Zare and they are happy with the quality and service so I am going with it. I will report back.

Sorry- I can see right through your canned responses (basically to your own questions in such a conveniently written manner.) please go hawk your wares somewhere else. This sounds about as legit as a Bernie Madoff pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

not sure why you are so hostile. I hope you have a good day.

Not hostile- just be honest about what you're doing instead of fake asking for advice to get people to click on the link and order. This forum is not the place to sell things in an underhanded manner.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App