Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 60, lower BMI and insulin dependent

I had my consultation appointment last month and found out my insurance would cover the sleeve procedure for me. Yeah me.

My lowest weight in the last 15 years was 198...for about 5 minutes. I usually bounce between 225 and 250. I seem to be able to follow any program and lose, but gain it back.

I hear of so many people dying in their sixties and I don't want to be one of them, so here I am!

My next appointment will be with the weight loss psychologist. Is anyone willing to share with me what that experience was like?

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

I was just honest with her.

I told her that I've tried everything, lose a little and it comes right back and then some. I think they realize that once we get this heavy and have played the yo yo game for so long, that surgery is really a good solution to stop all that.

Don't be worried. It was a good experience. Treat her or him like you would a friend, and express your struggles.

I however do not know any ways to "one up" the interview to get approval guaranteed. I was worried that I would say something wrong or stupid and get denied.

Edited by Amelie2016

I was just honest with her.

I told her that I've tried everything, lose a little and it comes right back and then some. I think they realize that once we get this heavy and have played the yo yo game for so long, that surgery is really a good solution to stop all that.

Don't be worried. It was a good experience. Treat her or him like you would a friend, and express your struggles.

I however do not know any ways to "one up" the interview to get approval guaranteed. I was worried that I would say something wrong or stupid and get denied.

Thank you

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

Exactly - just be honest and tell your story. I was just past my 61 when I had my surgery in March. I am thrilled with the results 6 months later.