Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2016 Sleevers?

Hang in there anyone that's scared and not yet been sleeved! It must be hard being in late Oct and reading all our scary posts. I had my op on the 5th so was one of the early ones. I also had my gallbladder out.

I wanted to reassure any scaredy cats like me out there as I was really terrified and dreading it.

I'm a week in and feel really good.

I only needed pain meds for the 1st few hours after coming round. I had terrible nausea but the nurse told me that the nausea could be from the morphine so we knocked it to 'on demand' and I was fine after that and have never needed pain meds since. So please bare that in mind if you are feeling nauseous and on morphine you may want to try asking for it on demand. I took meds for acid reflux for a few days but that seems fine to be now.

Attaching pic of one of my incisions as the steristrips just came off. It looks red but it's a small incision(Multivitamin for scale). No stitches and not sore. It can be scary when you see 7 ( in my case) bandages so I wanted to reassure you.

Hoping that those of you still to be done have such an easy recovery. Hugs and good luck X attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476327770.973470.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am one week and two days out. I agree completely with what @@lowbmi65 said. The recovery has not been near what I thought it would be. Monday was six days out and I went to my sons last Jr high football game. I'm still a bit sore, but more like muscle soreness. Rocking out the puréed foods. So thankful for the opportunity to better my health.

You've got this!!! Go for it!!!

Jesus loves you!!!

Agreed! I had surgery on 10/5 and went to my daughter's soccer game on 10/8. 8 days out now and feeling great. Meeting Protein and hydration goals and went for a 3 mile walk today (followed by some nice time on the couch with Netflix). ;-) Sending thoughts, prayers and good wishes to everyone with surgery on the horizon!

10/27 Pre op diet now day 1...Congrats October brothers n sisters....We are on our way!!!

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

Also getting sleeved on 10/27!

I finished my first day on the pre op liquid diet with a pounding headache and needing something savory!! Those shakes are so sweet! And I'm a sweets kind of person!

Scheduled for 10/31 is thier any suggestions on what I will need post op on hand. Ty in advance

Fascinating and very informative reading all the posts. My surgery is scheduled for October 26, which happens to be my birthday. My present to myself!

On the low-low-carb pre-op diet. Not as strict as some mentioned here. My doc recommends Protein shakes for Breakfast and lunch, then a regular low-carb dinner. I'm allowed to snack in between as long as the overall daily carb total is 30-60 max. Not so difficult, but then I'm only on day #2!

@Minicole you will be fine. Try to not stress although I know that's easier said than done. Look forward to looking feeling great very soon.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Yeah this part sucks. My surgery was the 6th so guess this is day 2 post op. Im on my pain meds. I keep getting the hiccups which doesn't feel to hot. I've been tired.

Hey how are you feeling? I know we both got sleeved on October 6th. I am on to full liquids but still not reaching my Protein or Fluid intake goals. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I can eat about 4oz of yogurt in one sitting then I'm full. I'm trying to do that about six times a day small amounts more frequently. Im getting about 32oz of Water daily.

Just wondering how you are doing being as though we were sleeved the same day? Hope all is well.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

Hang in there anyone that's scared and not yet been sleeved! It must be hard being in late Oct and reading all our scary posts. I had my op on the 5th so was one of the early ones. I also had my gallbladder out.

I wanted to reassure any scaredy cats like me out there as I was really terrified and dreading it.

I'm a week in and feel really good.

I only needed pain meds for the 1st few hours after coming round. I had terrible nausea but the nurse told me that the nausea could be from the morphine so we knocked it to 'on demand' and I was fine after that and have never needed pain meds since. So please bare that in mind if you are feeling nauseous and on morphine you may want to try asking for it on demand. I took meds for acid reflux for a few days but that seems fine to be now.

Attaching pic of one of my incisions as the steristrips just came off. It looks red but it's a small incision(Multivitamin for scale). No stitches and not sore. It can be scary when you see 7 ( in my case) bandages so I wanted to reassure you.

Hoping that those of you still to be done have such an easy recovery. Hugs and good luck X attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1476327770.973470.jpg

I am one week and two days out. I agree completely with what @@lowbmi65 said. The recovery has not been near what I thought it would be. Monday was six days out and I went to my sons last Jr high football game. I'm still a bit sore, but more like muscle soreness. Rocking out the puréed foods. So thankful for the opportunity to better my health.

You've got this!!! Go for it!!!

Jesus loves you!!!

Agreed! I had surgery on 10/5 and went to my daughter's soccer game on 10/8. 8 days out now and feeling great. Meeting Protein and hydration goals and went for a 3 mile walk today (followed by some nice time on the couch with Netflix). ;-) Sending thoughts, prayers and good wishes to everyone with surgery on the horizon!

Just adding to the positivity... I'm 8 days out and feeling good. Took my son to a pumpkin patch at 4 days post op. Struggling to get in my liquids and Protein but making it work. Looking forward to pureed soon to start getting my protein from other sources.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

@@rmg19881015 There's a few really good threads about this - but here's what I have done.

- Blender Bottle (to mix shakes)

- A few different varieties of Protein Shakes (don't get too many as you may not like them post-op)

- Comfy front closure bra - no wires (the wires will bother incisions and it'll be hard to take on/off with back closure)

- Protein Drink (not shake) - Atkins Lift, Isopure

- some crystal light type drink mixes (I also picked up some with electrolytes)

- Powerade Zero

- Making my own broth and keeping it in freezer (bought 4 oz mason jars)

- several different flavors of herbal / Decaf tea bags (including Smooth Move which helps for constipation)

- heating pad

- RTic container to keep fluids cold or warm

If I find out I need anything else - I'll post again. Surgery is Tuesday.

Thank you @ KristenLe I have most of those items I just need a few more things to be set. The front closure bra is a good idea I'll definitely have to but a that.

We all have one challenge or other. As I've stated above, I've breezed through recovery so far. However...., I can't stand Protein shakes. I've tried all these and they make me want to gag. Anyone else having this problem ? post-300870-14764641816328_thumb.jpg

Thank you @ KristenLe I have most of those items I just need a few more things to be set. The front closure bra is a good idea I'll definitely have to but a that.

Totally agree with @@KristenLe said re bra. If you can get an ahbra with no wires type thing use that. The most pain I've experience has been my bra wires rubbing my incisions