Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TheGh0st's Extended Tummy Tuck w/Lipo

Mazie - I have to agree with Juli - I love the smiley's! And I really think you hit the nail on the head. (Would love to see a smiley for that one) I've grown to love my sis but she is pretty much the complete opposite of me in so many ways. For one she has been known to refuse to answer the door for even our mother if she hasn't finished her hair and makeup yet. Talk about drama queen! Her worst re-occuring nightmare growing up was that she would wake up without her hair, of course now after the band it's my hair that is just a bit thinner.

I did have a talk with her over the phone yesterday about it and she apologized. She said that she remembered me asking something like "You don't want to see these pics do you?" in a light-hearted tone which is probably right. So she thought she was being just as light-hearted when she "joked" she didn't want to see them. She claims that though she would be weirded out about seeing her sis naked she would be very interested to see before/after bikini-clad shots. I guess I feel better about it.

Diane-

Have loved reading this thread and can't wait to see your after pics. I have already had a consult for a lower body lift. I am 5 feet 5 inches and 168 lbs (size 10). I would like lose a bit more before I have the surgery. I also have to figure out financing. Your thread has got me motivated to start working all the specifics out. Thank you for that.

I understand the sister situation. Although my sister and I are very close....it has been difficult for her to watch me lose weght. She is 5 feet 6 inches 240 lbs size 16. I try not to talk about it because I know she wishes she could be where I am. Instead of making comments about how good I look in my clothes...she always comments on my saggy skin around my arms and belly. I know she loves me she is just having a hard time dealing. I give her the benefit of the doubt. I urged her to look into lapband and she refuses. She says sheknows she can do it herself....I try to support her in that.

Again, just wanted to say thanks and I so look forward to hearing about your journey. We are all behind you with good thoughts and prayers.

Dear Ghost,

I am 5'3 and weigh 174 lbs which is alot better than what I weighed a year ago. I am also in the same predicament. I wear a size 10 but know I could wear a size 8 if I could have the Tummy Tuck. I just don't know if I need to have it now or when I lose the other 25 lbs I want to lose. I think it's awsome you are having this done. Good Luck.

Dear Ghost,

I am 5'3 and weigh 174 lbs which is alot better than what I weighed a year ago. I am also in the same predicament. I wear a size 10 but know I could wear a size 8 if I could have the Tummy Tuck. I just don't know if I need to have it now or when I lose the other 25 lbs I want to lose. I think it's awsome you are having this done. Good Luck.

Rodeomom - I'm obviously not an expert and every person is different.

But I might suggest you call around and see if there is a local PS that will give you a free consult. You could be pleasantly surprised at how close you are to your "goal".

Personally I had reached a 6+ month plateau and was getting frustrated/depressed. At the same time thinking "What is wrong with you girl!?! You are a size 10!" Not that long ago I thought a size 10 was an ideal dream size and yet here I am complaining about it.

I decided that having a consult with a PS might help give me the kick in the @$$ I needed by telling me a more realistic professional opinion on what my goal should be in order to have PS. To my surprise the two different PS consults I had both thought there was no reason to wait any longer. They thought based on my personal distribution of weight and frame, that I would have very good results now and that even if I were to lose another 20-25 pounds after surgery it wouldn't be enough for my skin wouldn't look "baggy" again.

I...am...getting...so...excited....(and I still need to lose 100#!) lol

I can't wait to see and hear from you!!! I feel like we are all in this together. I am glad to hear you have spoken with "sis". I think, we all want our loved ones to be interested in what we do and go through. We all crave support from any place we can get it , but there is a special place for those closest to us. Right? Or is it just me?

Anyway, good luck, and we will be waiting on the edge of our computer seats for regular updates--so keep us posted. Thank you a million times for sharing your experience with us. Kimberly

The surgery is October 9th. One minute I'm wishing it were tomorrow and the next I panic that there isn't enough time to get the house/work ready for me to be out of commission while I recover. But hands down the "I wish it were tomorrow" voices are the loudest.:rose:

I have a pre-op consultation with the surgeon tomorrow as well as an appointment with my Family Doctor to get her up to speed on what I'm doing.

If anyone out there has any suggestions on what questions I should be asking the PS tomorrow I would appreciate the feedback. I'm notoriously bad about thinking of 101 questions after I've left and not a one while I'm there.

These are ones I can think of so far:

- How long are the drains/pain-pump left in

- How long before I can walk for exercise (or other activities:eyebrows:)

- How many pounds/inches can I hope for this to remove?

I'm sure there are others I should be asking. :help:

I'd ask:

Where exactly can you expect your scars to be?

What kind of support garments will you need and should you go buy a few extra for laundering purposes? Will they send you home with more than one?

Can you get your pain med perscirption ahead of time so you don't need to have it fetched after the surgery?

When I had a breast reduction, I wish I had a better clue where they were going to but my nipples...it sounds funny, they aren't on my back or anything but they are higher than is natural. If I'd known I would have asked for lower placement.

If I think of more I'll add them. You know the whole board is going to be a'twitter on the 9th sending you all kinds of good JUJU.

Thanks Juli. I have one Spanx I plan on showing them tomorrow but I've also thought it might be good to have a second garment for washing.

I also hadn't thought of the pain meds that would be a great idea.

Thanks Juli. I have one Spanx I plan on showing them tomorrow but I've also thought it might be good to have a second garment for washing.

I also hadn't thought of the pain meds that would be a great idea.

CONGRATULATIONS, AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SURGERY. LOVE CHIQUIS:clap2:

Maybe you don't want to share about this one....

How will the ..lower area ...be affected by this surgery? Or did you go ahead and arrange for the Mons reduction or lift? I'm not sure that you would need it at your size... maybe the need for this would be reserved only for women of my starting weight/size.

Mazie - No I don't mind you asking. Ofcourse that may have something to do with the fact I only got 3 hours sleep last night with a sick son and here I am up til past 1am waiting on laundry (and my nails to dry) before I can go to bed just to get up at 6am. Maybe after I've had a chance to get any good sleep (when that will be is anyones guess) I might feel more embarrassed.

You know it wasn't until I started this thread that I'd even heard of a mons lift. If I were younger and single I might consider it. But wether it was my starting weight or not the nether regions aren't that bad for a married woman closer to 40. If I were to spend any extra money I think it would probably be on my inner thighs, they are HORRID. I feel I like the skin on my inner thighs droop so bad it almost looks like I need a mons lift. YUCK!