Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TheGh0st's Extended Tummy Tuck w/Lipo

Back to work full time? Back to pain pills full time too?

I am wondering if I remember correctly...was it you Diane, that posted a pic somewhere of your arms? After a massage technique, to reduce excess skin? If it was you, could you please update me on your progress with that ..or did you stop...any more pics of this? The one I saw was very interesting...and I would like to see or hear more.

Thank you for being soooo very inspiring!!!

Yup, back to work full time, Pretty much at least. Yesterday & today I was 15-30 min late getting in but everyone is being good about it. Joking that they are just glad I'm not in my PJ's anymore. I could probably stop the pain pills altogether but have been taking 2-3 pills a day. The pain has never been more than a mild sit-up cramp pain since the drains came out last Wednesday. Even then its only when I first try to get up after sitting a while, or if I push myself and am up for too long (over 1 hour doing VERY light housework or walking I'd guess).

Yes Mazziemommy, I am the one that was working my left arm with massage that I saw on TV a couple months ago. I've only done it a handful of times in the last 3 weeks and then for less than a minute. I was a bit curious if stopping the massage would cause my arm to "re-sag" but it actually seems to be another 1/4" smaller. I never really started in on my right arm with any earnest effort. And have massaged it only a handful of times in total. I've also "brushed" it with a boar's bristle hairbrush several times per some other hairbrained report I saw on the internet. Surprisingly it has gone down about 1/2" since I started any effort on it last month.

The down side to the whole massage thing has been that I put too much effort in it at the beginning and did something to my right shoulder. I'm not sure if I just pinched a nerve or actually damaged the rotator cuff by hyper extending my right shoulder to massage my left arm. Either way it hurts most days. Sometimes bad enough it effects my sleep, sending shooting pains all the way down my arm. Needless to say this has kind of scared me about doing similar damage to my other shoulder. Though I will say the Physical Therapy that my doc ordered on my shoulder will be covered by insurance unlike an arm lift. Now if I could only find the time to fit than in with everything else.

I don't really think that massaging your arms should cause shoulder pain for others. I think I just pushed it too hard at the start and I've also got fairly short arms compared to even others my height (so I'm told) so just reaching the other arm properly was a bit difficult. My other issue with the whole massage thing is that I've had several people express interest but so far only one has reported back that they've tried it and seen any results so far. No one else has said it didn't work either but still hardly enough evidence to make a judgement on whether it really works or was some strange fluke.

I can try to post pics of my arms as well if you want. But it looks like you guys might have to wait until next week for them. My neighbor who took the first pics left her camera at her parents last weekend and my follow up with the doc isn't until next Wednesday. Unless ofcourse someone here is desperate enough and close enough to consider helping me take the pics.

Think I could "sucker" my hubby into saving thousands???????

He could rub my arms everyday!!!! then we would know if it really works!!! lol....I don't think he would be so supportive! hahaha hehehe

I may try it ...sounds like work to me...and I am allergic to work!

Ha!!! I've been trying to convince my husband to help work on my thighs as they aren't exactly easy to massage by myself. A little easier to reach without the pannis in the way but still VERY akward. But, so far he hasn't warmed up to the idea. I've been trying to convince him it might be considered foreplay but he's not convinced.

But honestly, the arms really only take a couple minutes a day. Usually I would do it while stuck at a red light in traffic or while watching TV at night. The key to not getting the sore shoulders though is not to hyper extend the arm you are rubbing with, and to only rub for a minute or two at a time (as little as 30 second bursts works as well). But rub fairly hard, I compare it to giving your little brother a knuckle rub on the head.

Oh, and I really did start seeing results within one week. Try just the one arm for the first week and see if you can tell that is starting to look better than the other. Then if it is you can start rubbing them both.

I'd still like an arm lift but the way my left arm looks after rubbing it just isn't bad enough to justify the expense. If only I could win the lottery or talk my doc into putting me on TV like Enterprise. Oh well back to reallity.

Thanks, each day is getting a little bit better. Today I was only 5 minutes late. Sad considering I live only 10 minutes from work and got up nearly 2 hours before I needed to be there. But between needing to wash my hair, massage my scar line, clean out my belly button scar, wrestle my Spanx back on, etc. next thing I knew I was running late yet again.

Last night I was probably my most active after work I picked up my 4 year old from pre-school took him home to change for Halloween, drove him to a nearby outdoor shopping area for some trick-or-treating then off to a church sponsored party where we he played, had a hay ride and got more candy that he could carry (literally - it was ridiculous how much he got!) We didn't get home until nearly 10pm. I was probably pushing myself a bit far but I sat down as often as I could. But when I got home and laid down on the couch I found I needed my DH to help me back up. I just couldn't figure out how to get rolled over to get up and I can't just sit-up using my stomach muscles. I felt so silly calling him to come in from the other room to pick me up. Thankfully he was a good sport about it, gave me a little look of "Come on do you really need help?" but he did it.

Diane: I have to tell you this.....

OK so Monday night I'm laying in bed watching tv and I start thinking about you and your arm rubbing experiement... I start rubbing my arm... also, I start rubbing my belly (its deflating)

So anyway........ I though it was funny... thinking how LBT creeps into my RL!

Hey there Tracy. I was just thinking about you myself. I was wondering if you were going to be at Malley's group meeting this month. I was hoping to get a chance to meet you in person but then I'm not going to be able to make it this month due to company coming in.

Can't remember if I've asked this before but are you anywhere close to Olathe? Me and another band-girl are meeting up at the Mall of the Plains to walk tonight. If it gets too much for me I was going to sit and let her walk a lap without me. Would be great if you could come.

I am going to try and make the November meeting... last month I was all set to go, I thought it started at noon... so I missed it.. (I was REALLY PISSED at myself) so this month I'm going to try again.

I live in Leavenworth.... so Olathe afterwork is not really an option. :)

No problem, I thought I remembered that Olathe was too far. Legends wouldn't be too bad if you were interested but now that winter is rapidly approaching that's not a great option either. I am toying with the idea of telling my DH I'm going to stay in KS that weekend while he goes to Nebraska with his aunt. If so I'll come to the meeting. Otherwise hope to see you in December.

Wow. What phenomenal results! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for posting this!

By the way, can you link me to the original arm rubbing thread? I'll try *most* anything at this point!

Wow. What phenomenal results! I'm so happy for you. Thanks for posting this!

By the way, can you link me to the original arm rubbing thread? I'll try *most* anything at this point!

I think this is the link you are looking for.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f109/exce...estions-39989/

Just please, Please, PLEASE tell me if you try it, whether it works for you or not. I don't like posting about this when I only know of one other person that has tried it. And that was my mom, she claims it has been working but who knows if she is just being polite. wink.gif

Diane--- I do have dial up...could you post your pics NOW...so I can see them by the 8th? hahahhahahahhahah

Just eager...and waiting for visual update!

The arm rubbing comes to mind at bedtime...then hubby says..quit moving around, I can't sleep! I wish I could get it in my head earlier! I would like to try it regularly...even if it sounds like work.