Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I completely understand what you are saying! I am almost a month out (on the 20th) and it is just such a different feeling to not have any feeling. Before surgery, when I ate something I could feel the difference in my stomach. Now, I feel nothing. I stick to my measured portions, but it's weird because I never feel hungry, satisfied, full, or anything. It will take some getting used to if this is the new norm.

I knew I wasn't the only one lol!! But I keep hearing from people I know that they couldn't eat more than a bite or two and were "completely stuffed"

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by reeniemay

I completely understand what you are saying! I am almost a month out (on the 20th) and it is just such a different feeling to not have any feeling. Before surgery, when I ate something I could feel the difference in my stomach. Now, I feel nothing. I stick to my measured portions, but it's weird because I never feel hungry, satisfied, full, or anything. It will take some getting used to if this is the new norm.

I knew I wasn't the only one lol!! But I keep hearing from people I know that they couldn't eat more than a bite or two and were "completely stuffed"

Nope. I feel like I could either eat nothing for days or eat buckets of food and not have any sensation either way. So weird. Thank goodness I have a guide to follow and just eat the measured amount. I wouldn't know when I was hungry or satisfied if I had to listen to my own body. Hopefully that will change in the future.

I am 3 months out and to date have never felt full or to the point I could not eat anymore.

I really do not want to get there, so measure closely, but even early on I could eat 1 cup of some foods, like cottage cheese, when the calories for that meal supported it.

I also learned, by slipping in a couple Cookies one day (A moment of weakness), that I do not dump either. This too is not all bad, in that I really do not like getting sick anymore, after years of being sick with vertical banding.

But this just solidifies my need to measure, and watch what and when I eat the rest of my life, and not depend on my body rejecting I should not be taking in.

Good luck with your progress.

@@RJC5197

Wow, a cup of cottage cheese? I actually get stuffed from cottage cheese at about a half of a cup. I have often wondered if maybe I still have some lactose intolerance that shows up with cottage cheese.

I have had ice cream too a few times in the last 23 months post op. It actually is very very heavy in my stomach so maybe that is why.

I eat cottage cheese regularly but no more than 1/2 cup with some fruit.< /p>

I can eat a whole cup of cottage cheese at 15 months out

I am on The same boat!! I'm 15 days post op today. I'm on my soft food stage and the only reason I eat is because I have to. I don't really feel hungry so I can't ever tell when I'm satisfied. I called my nut and asked him if I should be measuring and all he said was just eat till your satisfied. I freak myself out reading how people get so full after a couple of tablespoons or half a Protein shake. I can drink my 11oz Protein Shake without a problem. I'm eating the 3oz portion of tuna with no problem. Yikes!

I had no problem when I started eating thicker things like scrambled eggs, yogurt, hummus, etc everything went down fine. My surgeon makes bigger pouches. She makes them 4oz at surgery instead of two, so maybe that's the reason for not ever feeling full or satisfied? I'm measuring an only eating 2-3 ounces just to be conservative.

I am on The same boat!! I'm 15 days post op today. I'm on my soft food stage and the only reason I eat is because I have to. I don't really feel hungry so I can't ever tell when I'm satisfied. I called my nut and asked him if I should be measuring and all he said was just eat till your satisfied. I freak myself out reading how people get so full after a couple of tablespoons or half a Protein shake. I can drink my 11oz Protein Shake without a problem. I'm eating the 3oz portion of tuna with no problem. Yikes!

My NUT said well, maybe you're doing everything right. But there was a definite pause like this was the first she ever heard of it. As long as I'm losing I'm happy!

@@reeniemay,

It is different for different patients. The lack of fullness and hunger might last for a long time. I would guess that when hunger comes back, fullness will come back, too. However, it might be a different kind of fullness than you may remember from before. It might be a fullness that is not only less full than “unbutton your pants” kind of full, but a fullness that is super subtle that takes a while to recognize. By measuring your food now and until the fullness comes back and you learn to recognize it, you are setting yourself up to succeed in sticking to the right portions for the long term, even if you stop measuring your food eventually (not recommended, but common!).

You’re still really close to surgery, so things are still getting settled.