Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low-mid back pain.....too much protein?

On my second week of high Protein, very low carb, and I am getting that same mid-low back pain that I got when on Atkins years ago. I remember it very well, BC it's sort of in a weird place, not typical back pain.

Anyone else get this on high protein??

I certainly overdid the protein yesterday w too many shakes (177 grams of protein total), so I'm going to slow down on the protein (keep it at 90) and add in some fruits and veggies to up the carb/protein ratio. And double the Water to 128 ounces today.

Just wondering if this is common?

Surgery in 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by gina171

I don't think drinking 177 grams of Protein is normal so that could be causing the start of Constipation which might give you the low back pain issue.

Is there a reason you are eating/drinking that much Protein? Your kidneys have to work much harder to process protein and that would definately make sense.

I would suggest just getting to your goal whatever was given to you by your nutritionist and see if it gets better.

It is good that you are able to drink that much Water and protein 2 weeks out. I was lucky if I could get one shake down in a day with the Water. And the water is even more important in these first few weeks than the protein.

Aren't you on a 2-wk pre-surgery diet? You seem to be drinking way too much Protein and you said you were going to add more fruits & vegetables? I'm going to be starting my 2 wks liver shrinking diet soon and was told 2 shakes per day with 1 lean cuisine for supper. Just curious?

Sent from my SM-N915V using the BariatricPal App

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches