Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sips lemon tea... (unsweetened of course)

I'm compelled to share my individual experience for a couple of reasons. 1- because I'm incredibly self-absorbed and love talking about myself and 2- because you guys are the only people who know I've had surgery besides my medical team.

I'm following my surgeons plan, and if I'm curious as to why his plan differs from someone else's on the board in a way that I think would benefit me I ask him about it.

My experiences are not your validation to cheat on your plan. Don't make me not want to talk about myself. My ego will suffer.

When did you have your first drink?

I know they say no alcohol. But I'm looking for personal stories, not opinions please :) I'm going to a wedding this weekend - I know, no beer.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am in the uk and in our meeting they said after 3 months my option is everyone's jorney if different so if you feel your body is ready take a sip and see how you feel☺.

Sent from my SM-N910F using the BariatricPal App

I'm compelled to share my individual experience for a couple of reasons. 1- because I'm incredibly self-absorbed and love talking about myself and 2- because you guys are the only people who know I've had surgery besides my medical team.

I'm following my surgeons plan, and if I'm curious as to why his plan differs from someone else's on the board in a way that I think would benefit me I ask him about it.

My experiences are not your validation to cheat on your plan. Don't make me not want to talk about myself. My ego will suffer.

You? I love.

I'm super confused...didn't we just have 80% of an organ removed to lose weight? That is a DRASTIC surgery and now, only weeks out, we're doing everything we can to cheat? I don't get it. Perhaps there should be a new special interest section called "cheating post-op" where people who intend to indulge in candy bars and champagne can discuss these things. As a 3 week out newbie, this thread is counterintuitive to the process and honestly harmful. I'm going to a concert in a week, and now that I've read this I'm more likely to indulge in a drink because this thread says it's okay. I'm not going to because I know it's not on my plan. But man. I'm ready to start a thread asking if anyone has experience 4 weeks out with pop-rocks and coke. This just is not conducive to success for all the members here.

I'm getting to be the bariatricpal b***h... I'm sorry. But come on.

I agree with you

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I had a few sips of champagne at three weeks post-op. It was a dinner in my honor and it would have been rude and entirely unnecessary to not be polite and sip tiny sips at toasts. I didn't really drink anything again until probably about a year later, which was a few shots of tequila. After that, my next drinking night was about a year later, which then led to a summer of having a darn good time and probably too much tequila. It was fun, I was careful with how much I consumed, and I was just fine. It's now been a year since that time and since then I've had a few glasses of champagne, 1-2 cups of scotch, and a giant shot of tequila- all of which got me supremely blitzed, very quickly, and ensured I had a fabulous time, for very cheap, without a hangover.

You can have a sleeve and drink. You can have a few sips of booze shortly after surgery. You will be fine. Don't do shots, keg stands, or beer bongs....save those for a few months from now, hahahaha.

You? I love.

Interesting! I'm undecided on you ????

Also, PSA: My Fitness Pal has an erroneous entry for my preferred brand of tequila (Espolon) that says it has 15 g of Protein for serving. Don't input that....it's wrong. Tequila is not a protein rich food, no matter what your computer tells you.

You? I love.

Interesting! I'm undecided on you

That's ok. Mutual love is over rated.

Also, PSA: My Fitness Pal has an erroneous entry for my preferred brand of tequila (Espolon) that says it has 15 g of Protein for serving. Don't input that....it's wrong. Tequila is not a Protein rich food, no matter what your computer tells you.

Damnitalltohell !!!!!!!

I was counting on using some tequila as my post-workout drank after tomorrow's gym session.

Aww hell......gonna do it anyway as I'm grilling my post gym protein. Gonna carve out some room for a couple skinny 'ritas by some extra time on the treadmill tomorrow. Looking forward to much anticipated day off work.

What's your skinny margarita recipe @@Dub ? I nailed down a perfect recipe but haven't indulged since about a month pre-op. Not sure it qualifies as skinny though, since it has an oz of freshly squeezed lime juice per cocktail. I rim the glass with lime zest and salt.

Play stupid games and you'll win stupid prizes.

Geez, where were the smart, funny, wise people like you when I lived in Georgia?

Seriously, I think you need to consider writing. You definitely have what writers call "voice."

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@charley27,

I can’t speak to whether it’s a good idea for you to drink or not at the wedding, but I will say this: be really, really careful! Whatever you think you can handle – you can’t! After surgery, your tolerance for alcohol goes way down. You’ll get drunk faster, and on less alcohol. Your blood sugar will get wackier.

From a dieting perspective, stay alert! Since it’s not safe to drink on an empty stomach, you’ll have to break your WLS rules by eating while you drink. Careful not to overeat! Also, inhibition goes down when you’re under the influence of alcohol, so it’s easier to eat too much and choose the high-calorie foods.

Whatever you choose to do, just be careful about it because your body isn’t the same as it was.

I took a sip of communion wine at 3-4 weeks. Burned like the fires of hell.

I took communion wine today because it's really important to me and I just had my surgery 6 days ago. Omg. Burned sooo bad and I thought I was gonna vomit.