Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another New one to site--banded 08/23

Hello. Good to meet all of you wonderful bandsters! I am so glad I found you as I need all the help and support I can get. I just had surgery 08/23 so am on the liquid phase of the diet. It's going pretty good even though I am still struggling with the psychological addiction to food. I don't watch t.v. due to the commercials on food and have to leave the room when my family eats. There are times when I am really hungry so I try to drink 4 oz of skim milk and drinking so far has done the trick of filling me up. I've scanned this site and see so many wonderful topics of interest and will be posting and sharing for you.

Rumar

welcome to LBT(lap band talk) and congrats on your surgery...just hang in there...the liquid phase will be over and you will be able to move forward...it is so worth it....stay well hydrated and it will help with the hunger....I hope that you continue to do well....just remember....NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS BEING THIN.....

Thank you Big As Life for the encouragement! Were you banded 04/07 and have lost 50+ lbs already?

Rumar

Rumar, I was also banded on 8/23. How are you feeling? I'm on Clear Liquids, does the milk upset your stomach? I have tried tostay busy and not think about the food, maybe a project or craft would help right now.

No ,the milk does not upset my stomach. You may be lactose intolerant and may want to try light soy. I feel pretty good just sometimes I get so impatient and a little depressed with the enormity of it all.......waiting 6 weeks to eat solids. I am trying to be strong. We can encourage and compare each others progress, okay?

Rumar

Hey Rumar,

I am certainly looking for someone to journey with! I haven't tried to drink milk yet. My doctor said 1 week clear liquids, but I just noticed in my literature that it says stage 2 at 4 to 6 days after surgery. Today I made some oriental flavored Ramen broth(without the noodles) And I must have been hungry, because before I know it I had sipped almost 8 oz in less than 15 minutes. When I realized it, it was too late, I was very uncomfortable for over an hour, I wont do that again! I do not think that I know what full feels like yet, but I now know what too full feels like! I know the liquids are hard, my children had pizza yesterday and I felt sad, But I did some self talk and got myself to think about how great it is going to feel to be thin, and I am sure that it is going to be well worth this sacrifice of 6 weeks. I was also thinking about some of the crazy diets that I endured in the past that never worked, some of those I did for longer than 6 weeks. It's also harder for us right now I think because we are recovering and not doing stuff like work,shopping ect. Being house bound is boring and I don't know about you, but I used to eat when I was bored. so now I'm just bored and trying to fill my time. Everyday will be easier for us! Tommorrow is almost here, one more day closer!

Mceni

I know. I somehow managed to keep a 50 oz of bottled Water and started sipping at 9 a.m. today but I am telling you, by the time I had to eat 3 liquid meals of 4 oz skim milk with choc Protein Shake, then 8 more ozs of skim milk to get the additional 6 ozs of Protein, I felt like a bloated pig!! I finished around 9:30 p.m. so I walked for 10 minutes (a circle through 4 rooms at home) and felt a little better after getting rid of gas! I'm still trying to figure out when to stop and how to get all of the liquids in?? Oh, I also had 2 sugar free jellos and 1 popsicle. Like you, it was so so hard especially as I made a chicken/broccoli casserole with rotisserie chicken which is my favorite!! I had to really really do some serious mind talk. I keep saying to myself, ok you don't want to vomit and flip the band which is my fear!!! I even did some minor cleaning just to keep myself busy (and read and watched a little t.v.). I will return to work on Thursday and my 1st post op appt is Friday.

More power to us!!! WE MUST SURVIVE!!!!!!!

Rumar

Hello. Good to meet all of you wonderful bandsters! I am so glad I found you as I need all the help and support I can get. I just had surgery 08/23 so am on the liquid phase of the diet. It's going pretty good even though I am still struggling with the psychological addiction to food. I don't watch t.v. due to the commercials on food and have to leave the room when my family eats. There are times when I am really hungry so I try to drink 4 oz of skim milk and drinking so far has done the trick of filling me up. I've scanned this site and see so many wonderful topics of interest and will be posting and sharing for you.

Rumar

I was also banded on Aug 23 and am on full liquids for 2 weeks--it is going to be tough! Thankfully my husband will cook for himself (and me!) and so that has made meal time easier.

Overall, I am feeling pretty good. Some discomfort, for which I am taking tylenol and that seems to take care of it for a bit.

Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey!

Hi,

This my first day on the site and just trying to get through some of the stuff. My 2 weeks are up tomorrow, I am very impressed with how I did, not hungry at all. Did drink alot, was hard watching other people eat but seem to be fine now. Am doing some gardening now and more walking and feel pretty good. Hang in there...it isn't so bad.

FlyGal

Hi,

I too was banded on 7/23/07. I had my first fill last week. I thought I had a pretty good handle on this and (even though I intellectually knew it would change) then I had to realize that my relationship with food is changing again. I am having to eat less, take smaller bites chew more and take more time. I had a couple of rough days with PB, but have seemed to have figured it out again. I am still wondering with what fill I will have "restriction". I have felt it once or twice (following surgery and following the fill), but wonder which fill will be the one for me to make restriction a reality. I see if varies from some of the posts I have read.

Question, how many grams of Protein are you targeting for your daily intake?

Good luck to you all!

Happy banding,

MMT

Wow....you have done wonderful! 29.5 lbs that is great...keep it up. At what week did you get your band, they told me I have to wait at least 6 weeks??? I had some pudding and applesauce last week, I sure hope this was okay?? Remember how good you will feel...keep smiling!

Hi FlyGal,

I think you want to know when I got the fill. I had my first fill four weeks and two days after surgery. I forgot to ask how much they put in, but will on my follow up in two weeks. Each dr. seems to be different about when they will let you get that first fill. Each Dr. seems different about the post op diet as well.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Happy banding!

MMT

hi rumar , please advise doctor you used, i am in atlanta. and dekalb medical in very close to me. please advise your journey. so happy to hear from someone in my area

WOw you are back to work quick, my doc can't see me till 2 weeks from today, by then I will be bored out of my mind, My husband encouraged me to go through my closet and throw away all of the old clothes that I will not wear as I go down, Some work clothes I am taking to the dry cleaner even though they are too small now, I plan to fit them. The rest to goodwill, he made me promise to buy new stuff as I go down. It was fun and productive. It also put my mind in a good place for today. Tommorrow I plan to do the dressers if I can bend down. I haven't cooked alot of food this week. My kids are living on boxes and quick meals, Maybe I will make something good tonight. (good for them) Its hard to take your mind off food if your cooking it!

Hey have a great day today! One more day closer!