Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No veggies.....?

I agree that you can get enough Protein from vegetables IF you are able to eat a large enough quantity of vegetables. Show me how someone newly sleeved can get enough Protein from just vegetables and that is great. But, for me, in order to get enough protein. I have to focus on protein. I can't just eat vegetables and assume I am getting enough protein.

I am not arguing with eating vegetables, I am arguing with the idea that just eating vegetables is an effective way to get enough protein for someone newly sleeved. Especially since protein is critical for both healing and weight loss.

Protein is key and vegetables have little Protein. I was told to start with soft or cooked veggies. I would try to get one spear of asparagus in (so good). V8 was another means for me. Veggies are also good source of carbs. I'm 17 weeks out and I need to stay at only 60g of protein (1g per 1 inch of height). Needed to increase carbs to 100g for energy. I eat lots of fresh summer fruits and veggies.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Check out The Davis Clinic on Facebook. They are all vegetarians, and Dr. Garth Davis has written a book on the benefits of a vegetarian diet. I'm just not ready to give up fish. Lol.

Thank you I've been researching that same ratio with veggies first and it seems reasonable and doable.

HW 341 SW 298 DOSW 286 CW 275 DOS 08/09/16

Most veggies can give you gas and gas can give you cramps. Gas cramps are so painful. I take the benefiber, I use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein and take Vitamins everyday. My taste buds changed after surgery. It doesn't add up but it will

I make smoothies from baby spinach, plain non-fat Greek yogurt, crushed pineapple in its own juice, banana, almond milk, & a little Protein Powder. YUM!

I made my first smoothie today:

1 cup nonfat greek yogurt

1 large banana

1 scoop chocolate isolate Protein powder

4 ounces of coconut Water

Tastes better than I anticipated and with that amount I made myself 3 Protein smoothies albeit small ones.

HW 341 lbs

07/19/16 - 298 lbs

08/09/16 DOS - 286 lbs

CW 270 lbs

Protein and Vitamins is what I was told is number one if you want to keep your hair. Last diet I was on my hair was falling out so I stopped it. Gained all my weight back and more. This time if I lose some hair I'm okay. I'll just get something to fill it in till my hair comes back. The weight off is my number one priority. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

@@kathykb

If you lost hair before on a diet it might be likely that you lose it again. The good news is it does come back. I had a very thick head of hair prior to surgery (I am Italian).

I got my Protein, Water and Vitamins pretty quickly and have remained there since so it was not from a lack of Protein,

I took Biotin nearly from the beginning, that has nothing to do with your hair falling out but it will help with regrowth....maybe. There is a lot of debate about that.

Mine started falling out a lot right around 10 weeks post op and the more weight I lost, the more and faster it came out. I will be honest I was scared but I wanted to get healthy more than I care about my hair.

It kept falling out until the rapid weight loss stopped around month 13. I continued to lose weight until I reached goal at 18 months post op.

The whole time, my hair was coming back in like crazy and now I have a very very thick head of curly (very curly) hair. In fact, I have to get it thinned out just to make lay properly. LOL

Whatever you lose it will come back and should not leave bald spots however mine got thin enough to see my scalp. I lost it from all over and I swear I have hair growing even lower at my temples and scalp than I had before.

I stopped taking Biotin right around 15 months post op simply because my hair was coming in like crazy and I am not convinced it did anything that would not have happened before.

This is strange. I started eating fresh vegetables 4 weeks after the surgery and I was able to tolerate it. 3 months out and all of a sudden, it hurts like hell when I try to eat fresh vegetables. Took me a while to figure out what was triggering it. Ouch. What the hell!?

Can you veggie first sleepers share what you eat in a typical day? Thanks much!!

Wow, My dr stresses Protein first and always first. We need that above all, and fluids and Vitamins. Veggies is last if you can get it in. I like that idea about V8. I will most certainly get some. Do you get the diet one?

I asked my nut if I could mix unflavored Protein powder w V8. She said it was fine but the acid from the V8 may hurt my tummy after surgery.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Wow, My dr stresses Protein first and always first. We need that above all, and fluids and Vitamins. Veggies is last if you can get it in. I like that idea about V8. I will most certainly get some. Do you get the diet one?

No, I just use the regular or low sodium.