Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Instant Pot! Good recipes and ideas?

If you like chicken the recipe for Thai chicken thighs on pressurecookingtoday.com is amazing (some good recipes on that site) and it freezes well too.

I made this tonight as my first real dinner since surgery. It was wonderful, tender, moist, and easy on my new tummy. Plus my husband really liked it. Thank you for the suggestion!

Here is a direct link for anyone interested.

http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-thai-chicken-thighs/

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I made the most delicious pot roast in my instant pot last night. I made it for my family knowing we would want left overs.

Here is what I did:

3lb chuck roast

Olive Oil

Kosher salt

Cracked black pepper

Garlic salt

1 large onion - chopped into chunks

3 stalks of celery - chopped into large pieces

8 large white mushrooms chopped in half

2 cloves garlic smashed

4 red potatoes - I peeled them because I hate the skin

5 carrots - peeled and cut into chunks

1 T. Tomato paste

1 T. Worscheshire sauce

1T. Soy Sauce

2 Cups beef stock

1/2 C red wine

2 small bay leaves

I stared my pot on sauté and let it get HOT. I liberally salted, peppered and garlic salted my roast and rubbed it in.

Once pot was hot, I seared it until it formed a crust on both sides of roast.

I removed the roast, added about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Then I added the onion, celery and mushrooms to the pot and sautéed them for a few seconds. I added the red wine to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Then I added the tomatoe paste and stirred everything. I still had some yum yum stuck to the bottom of the pot so I added the soy sauce and worstecheshire sauce and continue to work the bottom of the pot until all the yummy brown bits came up.

Then I added the beef stock, bay leave.

I placed the trivet rack in and placed the beef roast on top.

Closed the lid, moved the vent to sealing, manually set the pot at 80 minutes and let her rip. When the pot signaled done I did a quick release. Once the pot opened I added the potatoes and carrots, a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

I reset the pot for 10 minutes and let her rip again.

Once the pot chimed that it was done, I instant released it again.

My roast was falling apart deliciousness and the carrots and potatoes were to die for. Absolutely delicious.

Now you could pull all that stuff out, use and immersion blender and thicken the jus into a delicious gravy but I chose to just spoon it over the meat. It seriously did not need a gravy.

YUMMO......guess what's for lunch today? Yep, leftover pot roast!