Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimpressions Vs. Spanx Vs. Others

We're highly contemplating carrying the full line of Slimpressions body Shapewear in the BariatricPal Store.

I'm curious if any of our members have had experience using or wearing their products?

How do they compare to Spanx?

Why would you purchase Slimpressions over Spanx or other shapewear available in Walmart?

Any feedback or information you can share with me would be greatly appreciated!

following!

I have not found Slimpressions to be a good alternative to Spanx. More like a cheap knock off. I don't think they feel as good as spanx, last as long, or provide the same level of "containment." I would never purchase over spanx.

I really really appreciate the feedback so far, thanks!!

Never heard of it.

I like Maidenform and Spanx products.

Never heard of it. But would certainly try it. I find Spanx too thick of a material and too hot. Though that may change after surgery. :)

I looked up Slimpressions online. $45.00 to $ 65.00 They seem to be the same material as Spanx. That type of shape wear smooths out the drapes of the loose skin. It does not pull it back to your body. The result is a smooth bulge.

I found this body shape wear at Burlington coat factory. $ 9.99 Superform bodysuit. Fabric gives more support but breathable. Eye hook and zip front. dips in the front so you can wear your own size bra.

Never heard of it. But would certainly try it. I find Spanx too thick of a material and too hot. Though that may change after surgery. :)

Which brands do you prefer? Slimpressions is a lot thinner than Spanx but it seems that most people like the heavier support Spanx provides Vs. the thinner and less support provided by Slimpressons.

I looked up Slimpressions online. $45.00 to $ 65.00 They seem to be the same material as spanx. That type of shape wear smooths out the drapes of the loose skin. It does not pull it back to your body. The result is a smooth bulge.

I found this body shape wear at Burlington coat factory. $ 9.99 Superform bodysuit. Fabric gives more support but breathable. Eye hook and zip front. dips in the front so you can wear your own size bra.

That's an interesting product. I reached out to them but they don't allow for online distribution :-(

I have several types of Spanx because I've not found a lot of options (I don't shop at Walmart if I can help it) that come in 3x or larger. I would welcome the ability to try other brands. I tend to wear Shapewear to stop chafing, the "chub rub", not to completely flatten out rolls. The smoothing effect is nice, especially since I tend to wear it under skirts (I'm not big on shapewear tops, they always roll up on me) but I wouldn't want something heavier just for a smoother line. I'd be just as happy if I could find a thin spandex bicycle short (especially with wide elastic lace edging) to wear under my skirts, but the ones I've found aren't plus sized. So I'm probably not the target audience, and am woefully inept at shopping for girly stuff. (Hence the handle AntiChick... LOL)

If you carried one thing from them, I would suggest this.

http://slimpressions.com/product/the-have-nots/

All the other places and brands that sold something with arm control, have discontinued it. That is the one thing I would buy regardless of cost.

Would love if you got a deal on Spanx for site. Though I look forward to outgrowing/growing out of? The larger sizes. They are hard to find without going online. And even smaller I would buy spanx hosiery they last much longer. They also have an inexpensive Star line.

I thought I'd just chime in here because I'm an 8.5 year gastric bypass post-op and I'm also an 8.5 year Slimpressions user. :) I also wear Shapewear DAILY, so I like to think of myself as a bit of an expert in this area and I'm happy to give my feedback on this.

I buy shapewear for two reasons: 1) daily wear and 2) onstage/performance wear. (I'm a professional musician and perform often, most often in an Andrew Sisters tribute group which requires "pinup" dresses and costuming.) When I wear pieces onstage, they're generally extra-firm and extremely uncomfortable (also VERY pricey $$$), and I'd never wear them on a daily basis. When I wear daily shapewear, the compression is generally moderate and the material and compression is much more comfortable. Slimpressions falls into this category, and some of the pieces I have from them (and there are LOTS), I've had for over eight years.

About my "problem areas" I carry my extra weight (no reconstructive surgery here, unfortunately) in my belly, back, and lower abdomen. I usually buy cami shapers, and I have LOADS of them. Slimpressions makes my favorite because of the super-thin (but sturdy) spaghetti straps that make it look like I'm wearing a top and not a shaper.

What I like about Slimpressions is the fabric. It's breathable, washable, and very comfortable. The one thing I *will* say is that I generally always size DOWN so that I can get the extra compression that I am looking for. That way, I get a great firm hold, but still get super-comfortable fabric. I have almost every top piece they make (the Have-Nots are the BOMB! They give your bust a boost!) and a few of the bottom pieces as well. Most have lasted me a very long time.

Like I said, I have shapewear from almost every brand out there, but I've been wearing Slimpressions the longest because of the fabric and the versatility. I like them quite a bit. Just two cents from an eight-year wearer! :)

As a 7+ year post op, I have tried about every type of slimming garment out there. Leh shapers roll up and down, but the Slimpressions Long Leg Shaper doesn't. The Comfy Bralette is the only "bra" I wear. It helps control that gawd awful back/side boob fat. I live in the south, and wear it daily ..365 days a year. Comfortable even in the heat of summer.

Their customer service is top notch. Yes, they may cost a little more, but it's quality I pay for. I have one "bra" that still holds it shape after 6 years.