Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

This OT, but I thought I'd let you know how the phone interview went today. I think it went well, but of course we'll only know when I hear from them. I asked about next steps and he said he'd chat with the hiring manager (I was talking with the VP) and then they'd "let the HR wheels turn" - not sure if that means mailing me a rejection letter or scheduling a visit. Only time will tell!

Oh, and the fill is going well. I'm gassy as all get out, and constipated at the same time, so I think I'll try a little firmer food and see if that settles things down. I've been getting hungry, so I know the liquids aren't holding me as well as good solid food! I'm sure the split pea Soup for lunch didn't help either! LOL

Pizzicato, Good luck -- I hope you hear some good news soon! Glad to hear the fill is going well.

Suddenly in the past few days, I can feel that I have lost restriction, and now there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it's time for a fill. I am SO glad that I have one scheduled in a few weeks -- I only wish I could get it done sooner!

This plateau is getting to be quite frustrating for me at this point. That said, I am trying to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing because I know it's pretty common and just part of the whole process........

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

22/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Hi everyone!

You are all doing so well. Time for me to step up to the plate. I have another fill scheduled for 2/12. I need motivation!! This week is going well. I need to keep the trend going.

Looks like most of us August folks are doing pretty good. Keep up the good work everyone. Sorry I have not been able to post as I would like, but I have just started an MBA program, and it is killing me.

Jim

I feel your pain BigHarleyGuy....it is hard to go back to school as an adult with other responsibilities. I just graduated in 2005 but it feels like yesterday! Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress!

Hi big Harley Guy, I truly understand. I started a doctoral program in Sept and the worklosd is kicking my butt! School was so much more fun when I didn't have a job and a family!

I got my 3rd fill on Wednesday. God I needed it! Here's to hoping my plateau will end soon!

Val

Yeah, for you! I will weigh myself tomorrow at the gym. I start a new pilates class at 7:30 am. I hope I can report the same. I have been averaging 800 - 1000 calories a day. If I go under that I don't lose and prior to the fill, I was over that, easily. So tomorow will be 5 days since the fill. I'm trying not to set myself up to be disappointed if I haven't lost but I know I will be! It's been almost three weeks since the scale has moved. On a positive, the measuring tape has continued to move as I am tightening up. I have lost 7 inches on my waist! I actually have an hour glass figure. Well maybe more than an hour but you get the picture! :wink2:

Anyway, Congrats on the loss again, I'll report back tomorrow.

Val

Val, good for you on the new gym commitment and on the measurement changes. That shows you're definitely doing yourself a lot of good! Remember, you're probably gaining muscle and burning fat, so the scale isn't changing but your lean body mass is!

I'm happy to say I did finally lose this week, although it was just 2 lbs (was hoping for 3 or 4). I know, I know - that's the "healthy" loss rate, but I just had a fill and I'm definitely feeling the restriction, so it was a tad disappointing. But, if I'm really honest, I know I had more fat and carbs than I should, so 2 lbs is a good thing. I need to stop the grazing too, so I have nobody to blame but myself right now!

As for the job front, the San Francisco group wanted me to come out this week, but I started thinking about it, and I really can't make the move without some kind of relocation assistance, so I'm going to let this one go, especially since there's one cooking in LA that attracts me more and is willing to help with relocation costs. I'm in no rush, after all! Besides, doesn't southern CA sound more fun? It does to me, at least. Hopefully I'll get that next interview soon!

How's everyone else doing this lovely morning? We're all geeked out here in MN because it's in the 40's (yep, the 40's sounds good here). Tomorrow's a rude awakening though - they're predicting freezing rain, snow and then a few more days of below zero temps again. Blecch!

Ok, I know I don't come in here too often, but I had my monthly PA appt. last Thurs. Down 16 lbs in the last month. 291 as of last Thur. WOOOOT!!!!! Hope I can continue to at least avg. around 8 lbs/mo of weight loss. That way, when softball comes around, I'll be down about 115 lbs from the end of last summers league play. Should be quite an improvement in performance.:D

Congratulations Ceredad!! Keep up the good work!

Congratulations Ceradad! :D

Good news! I'm off my plateau, the scale has moved, repeat, the scale has moved!!! Whew, I was begining to get worried! 5lbs down - 2 (I had gained) plus 3 more.

So, my goal was 50 lbs in 5 months. I am going to be pretty close! I'm at 48 so I think I might be able to squeeze 1 more in by the end of the day on the 30th.

Thanks for all the encouragement!:rolleyes:

It has been 5 months an 3days since my lapband surgery and I have lost a total of 93.2lbs!! I weighed 298.2lbs back in Aug 2007 and now weigh 205lbs. I started out in a size 22 and can now wear a size 10 or 12 depending on the make of the jean/pants.

I feel truely blessed to have been able to have this surgery. Im so glad to see that everyone else is also doing so wonderful.

Princesst:biggrin:

Good job, Val! And 5 lbs, no less. What a relief, huh?

Princess, you're kicking butt!! How are you feeling with that rapid a loss? Was some of that preop or all since you got your band? Dang!!

Great job Val and Princesst! The key I've found is not to get down when things are going so easy. Just keep working at it and you'll get back on track.