Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in "bandster hell" yet?

I feel like I'm in bandster hell. I was sick :cry(major food sticking last Friday - tuna - Yuck!) and my weight went down to 270 after I was so sick and dehydrated. Tonight I was 273. I was banded on 7/26 and am hoping to be filled on 9/10. I'm hungry. I better go to bed so that I don't eat anything!:help:

h - 324/ s - 287/ s+2 days 296 (Fluid???)/ c - 273/ g-164

Hey all....I can feel my desire to eat returning. But, I keep telling myself that I'll vomit if I overeat! So, as long as I can scare myself into NOT eating then I think I'll be okay. I have another 1.5 weeks of mushie foods then real food begins. That, to me, is scarey. My first fill is not until mid-September. So, I have to deal with what I have for the time being. The scale has moved so I am not complaining. But, I wish I could fast forward time a bit so I can get to the first fill. And, I KNOW I have to exercise. I keep skipping over the Exercise Challenge post because I'm feeling so quilty about that. Walking is my choice of exercise. But, it's been so darn humid! And, I think I'm doing to much now that I'm feeling better. So, I get worn out. Excuses! Excuses! Maybe I just better do it....right????

We just have to keep working on this my Crazy Ates Friends!!! We're all in this together. Judi

I'm doing G-R-E-A-T so far. I'm eating 3 meals a day, no more than about 4 oz. and sometimes only 3/4 cup. My first 3 days was Clear Liquids, next was full liquids and now I am having some soft foods like tuna w/ff mayo or ff miracle whip, eggs, fish, tofu, etc... I don't eat any Snacks and I don't drink anything for 1/2 hour before a meal, during the meal or for 1 hour after the meal. The rest of the time I am constantly drinking Water during the day at work and a sugar free flavored drink all evening at home. I don't actually keep track that closely but I am sure I am drinking around 2 oz. every 15 minutes or so. I am also drinking a low cal, low carb Protein Drink (25-30gm protein) in the late afternoon.

A typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled

Lunch: 1/2 to 3/4 C refried beans

Late day: 4 oz. skim milk w/ Protein Powder mixed in

Dinner: 3-4 oz. Tilapia filet (fish)

I also take 2 chewable multi-vitamins/ day and 1500 mg Calcium in the form of Sugar Free Chocolate flavored chews daily. I need to choose a good B complex and get started on that, too.

:clap2:

:whoo: :whoo:

Judi, I finally broke down yesterday and made a commitment on the exercise thread. Start with a very small commitment - something totaly doable - like one ten minute walk. Build on that. The exercise will give you more energy and motivation to keep eating right. We can do this!

Hey all....I can feel my desire to eat returning. But, I keep telling myself that I'll vomit if I overeat! So, as long as I can scare myself into NOT eating then I think I'll be okay. I have another 1.5 weeks of mushie foods then real food begins. That, to me, is scarey. My first fill is not until mid-September. So, I have to deal with what I have for the time being. The scale has moved so I am not complaining. But, I wish I could fast forward time a bit so I can get to the first fill. And, I KNOW I have to exercise. I keep skipping over the Exercise Challenge post because I'm feeling so quilty about that. Walking is my choice of exercise. But, it's been so darn humid! And, I think I'm doing to much now that I'm feeling better. So, I get worn out. Excuses! Excuses! Maybe I just better do it....right????

We just have to keep working on this my Crazy Ates Friends!!! We're all in this together. Judi

I had my surgery on Aug. 20th. I am eating soft foods and I am doing pretty good but I have stopped losing weight. Yesterday I had 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 sips of Soup but it was gross so I didn't eat it. A sugar free pudding, a scrambled egg and refried Beans so I don't know why I am not losing but I guess I will survive anyway. I can't wait until I can have real food because I am going straight to my favorite mexican resturant and have some grilled chicken and veggies.

Do we have to have decaffinated tea?

Ok...any kind of 'hell' doesn't sound good to me, let alone one that is going to ruin my band experience. After reading this thread I called the fill doctor and asked to be put on a list to be bumped up into a spot someone else cancels out of! I decided 10 weeks would be entirely too long to wait for my first fill.

:nervous

I was in "BANDSTER HELL" during week 2!! Had major hunger pangs!!

Now I'm 3 days into week 3 post-op, and not feeling hunger pangs!! I can tell when I'm hungry now, but it doesn't hurt anymore!!! :clap2:

Oh yeah, I'm in BANSTER HELL!!! :cry I'm starving.... I do have some restriction, and feel like I have to burp all the time. My stomach is growling and I want to EAT!!!! :hungry: I'm hanging in there, but my will power is getting less and less. I have my 1st fill Sept 13th. The scales have stopped moving. I pray that my fill will give me restriction... :D

I may have drifted back to Bandster Purgatory. LOL

My hunger's not too bad....its there, but I'm doing okay ignoring it most of the time.

But I still want my first fill!!!!!

<p>I am glad to have discovered some freinds to join me in this experience. I was banded 8/9/07. The surgery and recovery were a breeze. Unbelievably easy! My nurse gave the go ahead for all foods (chewed very well) on day 6. Which I have followed with no problems. I lost 10 pounds in the first week and about 4 since then. </p> <p>My first fill was 9/7/07 - a bit strange but no real change in eating. I can still eat more than I think I should. Sometimes I worry that I started eating regular food too soon -but -I did follow my doctors advice.</p> <p>Basicaly, I still feel like I have to work to lose. But I guess this is an improvement since I couldn't lose an ounce before, no matter how hard I tried. </p> <p>I know I should lose slowly but I sometimes feel like people are watching me and saying - damn she had surgery and she still isn't losing much. </p> <p>I've been wondering what people mean by the AP band and referring to fills with flouro?</p>

I know I should lose slowly but I sometimes feel like people are watching me and saying - damn she had surgery and she still isn't losing much.

I know what you mean. Almost every day someone says, "Man, you're really losing!" or "I can see you're dropping the pounds."

I want to go "Thanks, but fibbing doesn't help!"

I'm SUPPOSED to get my first fill on WEDNESDAY. The date keeps jumping around and I'm starting to get frustrated.

OH MY GOD! I am starving all the time now! I can't wait until my fill. I can't have it for another 2 weeks. I feel like I am going to gain some of the weight I lost back! Who wants that? Not me! I am really working hard to make good choices. When people say I've lost weight, I just want to scream because I feel like if I'm not careful, my answer will have to be "no, I haven't!" Ths part will end soon! hang in there fellow August bandsters! We will persevere! "Hold it right there, Pal! Back away from the fries!":cool:

Good luck!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFHTKYt/]

weight.png

[/url]

Go E-A-G-L-E-S!

319/314 (surgery)/289 (current)/214 goal