Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm still just kind of struggling.

I feel like crap. I can't even pinpoint why, I just feel bad. My back hurts, my stomach hurts, I'm not hungry but everything I see looks good. I don't want to eat any of it but it looks good. Does that make any sense?

I have one incision that is open and hasn't healed. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to get it looked at.

I'm a raging bitch to my husband, he is the biggest moron that has ever walked this earth (not really, he's just annoying me with everything he does right now.)

I'm down almost 30 pounds and I can't even tell.

Ugh, I sound like a whiner!

I feel like crap. I can't even pinpoint why, I just feel bad. My back hurts, my stomach hurts, I'm not hungry but everything I see looks good. I don't want to eat any of it but it looks good. Does that make any sense?

I have one incision that is open and hasn't healed. I go back to the doctor tomorrow to get it looked at.

I'm a raging b***h to my husband, he is the biggest moron that has ever walked this earth (not really, he's just annoying me with everything he does right now.)

Feel your pain, so lets vent together! I was sleeved 17th Oct, and the first couple days were awesome but its been a steep downhill from there mood, fatigue, and food-wise. My mood swings are pretty crazy, and Im so lethargic its tough to get up most days. My sense of smell has multiplied exponentially, and I gag at almost every little smell, meaning I am def. not getting in enough food or drink bc I cant be near food. Every diet stage has been tough. Uff!! Had a chat with my nutritionist, and she sounded a bit....judgmental...saying that I should just get more Protein and liquids in, that I wasn't following diet etc. Easier said than done, dearest, especially if you're nauseous at the mere sight of food! Its a tough place to be in especially considering this is supposed to be a positive thing. Seriously, I can't even drink from my own glasses or cups anymore, so I am trying new bottled liquids daily. Sigh.... Husband says it will get easier as time goes by. Heres hoping!

I'm a raging b***h to my husband, he is the biggest moron that has ever walked this earth (not really, he's just annoying me with everything he does right now.)

Feel your pain, so lets vent together! I was sleeved 17th Oct, and the first couple days were awesome but its been a steep downhill from there mood, fatigue, and food-wise. My mood swings are pretty crazy, and Im so lethargic its tough to get up most days. My sense of smell has multiplied exponentially, and I gag at almost every little smell, meaning I am def. not getting in enough food or drink bc I cant be near food. Every diet stage has been tough. Uff!! Had a chat with my nutritionist, and she sounded a bit....judgmental...saying that I should just get more Protein and liquids in, that I wasn't following diet etc. Easier said than done, dearest, especially if you're nauseous at the mere sight of food! Its a tough place to be in especially considering this is supposed to be a positive thing. Seriously, I can't even drink from my own glasses or cups anymore, so I am trying new bottled liquids daily. Sigh.... Husband says it will get easier as time goes by. Heres hoping!

I'm sorry you both are having trouble, and it sounds like your nutritionist isn't listening to you, seattlemom. I was given anti-nausea medication when I left the hospital and didn't have to use it. I wonder if something like that would help. Tiredofmyself, I know this is a tough place that you're in, but I say congratulations on the 30 pounds. If you have many different sizes in your closet like I do, that's certainly enough to notice a size or two change. Perhaps that might lift your spirits? Me, I just have trouble getting moving. I am purposely not working right now so that I can get into a routine with exercise....but the cold and rain (you get me on this, seattlemom???) make me want to stay inside and curl up with my cats and watch tv. I suck!!! I do hope you both are doing better soon!!! Jami

Are you feeling hunger? I think Im one of the unlucky ones as while initially for the first maybe 4 or 5 weeks post surgery I felt no hunger, it then came back. Its certainly alot less than it was pre-surgery and often having a drink stops the hunger (at least for a while). But was kinda hoping it would be gone entirely for at least 6 months or so.

Im struggling to eat slowly which is my main issue at 7 weeks post surgery. This is leading to dumping syndrome (which having spoken with a Bariatric Nurse a few days ago is certainly something sleeve patients can suffer from, even though its mainly an issue with other types of bariatric surgery).

Other than than my tiredness has improved now that Im able to add some carbs to the diet rather than concentrating so much on Protein.

Doing ok on the weight loss. Pretty happy with what Ive lost as Im actually over half way to my goal weight in just 7 weeks, although I know it will take alot longer than another 7 weeks to get there as the weight loss has really slowed now (was losing a pound a day, now its more like a pound a week).

How are people doing?

Im very happy. Just 7 pounds from my goal weight now having had the Surgery in Oct 2016. Still have some issues when I eat too fast or too much (the 2 are linked - its usually about eating too fast so I dont register Ive eaten enough) and then I end up feeling really really sick for several hours.

Weight loss has slowed down to a crawl now. I think Ive actually hit a stop for a moment and probably now need to increase my exercise if I want to push on to my goal weight. I havent been doing any exercise yet for 2 reasons. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and its currently in the midst of a flare up of symptoms which I dont want to make worse by exercising. It remains to be seen whether the reduced calorie intake I now have because of the sleeve has made the CFS worse (which was my original biggest fear of having the surgery) or whether its just a flare up which happen from time to time. But also Ive had alot of discomfort and at times pain around the largest surgical wound site (the one they remove the stomach through). That has only really stopped in the last maybe 3 weeks or so, but I was advised not to exercise while I was still having those pains.

I suspect the pains were due to the degree of muscle thats cut through and its just taken me a long time to heal from that wound. The surgeon checked it out at my 6 week follow up and wasnt concerned about anything - but it has lasted until very recently so has been concerning, but thankfully does seem to have finally gone.

When my CFS symptoms die down I'll try introducing some exercise slowly, particularly toning exercises for the stomach area.

Ive really gotten into cooking in a big way. I recommend the "Instant Pot" pressure cooker. Its been so useful. Can cook a big batch of food and then freeze it into containers just large enough for one meal which all I have to do then it make some freshly cooked vegetables to go with it. I can cook a meal for me and my partner, we both get 2 days of food from it and then theres still enough left to freeze maybe 4 or 5 more meals from it (for me anyway). I have the 6 quart version - but there is an 8 quart version if you wanted to be able to cook even more at once (and freeze even more afterwards). Loads of groups on Facebook with recipes to make in the Instant Pot. Its been a life changer as far as cooking is concerned!

Hope everyone is doing well. Been quite a while since anyone posted so hope people are getting there and are on track to reaching their goals.

Neil