Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 5 and still supposed to be on puree diet but I haven't had any nausea or vomiting. I honestly cannot take any more liquid foods. Any suggestions on what to start with regarding soft foods?

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by xingmaltese

Greek yogurt and scrambled eggs come to mind as things I had pretty soon after surgery. Don't rush it as your stomach may not be ready for much past a liquid stage.

@@xingmaltese

Tough love here......YES you can stick with the program. You absolutely do not need food to survive the first 6 weeks post op.

You could live on Water alone.

This is where the head starts to take control of your body. Advancing your diet before you are supposed to can cause serious damage to your new tummy. It can create problems down the road.

I will also ask if you are getting a minimum of 64 oz. of liquid? If not, that can cause the feeling of being hungry but I assure you, you are not.

This is when you learn to manage head hunger......

Many of us were not even allowed puréed foods until week 4! I know my doctor required Clear liquids week 1, full liquids weeks 2 and 3 and then finally puréed. Soft food did not come for me until week 6 post op.

You came this far, don't mess up now.

I'm not messing things up, I'm asking for help and support. I am struggling with the Water amount but I am getting closer to my needed amount every day so I think it's something that maybe I personally have to adjust to. I am very confused about the Protein drinks and powder because there are so many to choose and I honestly don't know what to use.

I don't think Walmart sells any good Protein powders but I am sure someone will correct me.

Are there any GNC, or supplement stores near you? You want something high quality and low in carbs but high in Protein like Syntrax nectar.

Do not advance to soft foods too early. There is no point ending up on a feeding tube.

Suggested Foods for pureed Diet Following Bariatric Surgery

Protein Sources

Strained cream Soups (celery, potato, mushroom, or chicken made with skim milk)

Skim milk with ½ scoop Protein Powder

supplements.aspx" rel="external nofollow">Protein supplements added to food or Water for extra protein

Mashed cottage cheese (low or nonfat, small curd)

Ricotta cheese (low or nonfat)

Scrambled eggs or egg substitute

pureed beef, chicken, or turkey

Baby food meats

White fish (cod, haddock, tilapia, orange roughy) mashed with a fork

Canned chicken breast, mashed and moist

Canned tuna fish in Water, mashed

Suggested Foods for pureed Diet Following Bariatric Surgery Protein Sources

• Yogurt (plain or sugar free, low or nonfat, blended without fruit chunks)
  • Strained cream Soups (celery, potato, mushroom, or chicken made with skim milk)
  • Skim milk with ½ scoop Protein powder
  • supplements.aspx" rel="external nofollow">Protein supplements added to food or Water for extra protein
  • Mashed cottage cheese (low or nonfat, small curd)
  • Ricotta cheese (low or nonfat)
  • Scrambled eggs or egg substitute
  • Pureed beef, chicken, or turkey
  • Baby food meats
  • White fish (cod, haddock, tilapia, orange roughy) mashed with a fork
  • Canned chicken breast, mashed and moist
  • Canned tuna fish in Water, mashed
Thank you! This really helps!!

Your welcome! Hope the next few weeks will be better for you.

i was on mush foods last week and one of the ones i loved was mashed avacado mixed with a squirt of mayo, garlic salt and a tin of tuna. scrambled eggs. mashed veggies. porridge.

I found that when I started the mush/soft food week that it got easier and I stopped thinking about food so much as I wasn't restricted as much as I was on liquid week.

good luck you are doing good and I'm here if you need any help just ask I'm only a little bit infront of you operation wise but it might help talking to someone that has just been there

I'm going in for balloon insertion soon and I wanted to just say that my dietician was much more relaxed about the 'program', she said you need to follow your body and if you feel like you're ready to move on to a bit more solid food you can. Everyone reacts differently. However, she said whatever you eat you need to follow the 20-20-20-20 rule. You chew your food 20 times before swallowing, you then count to 20 slowly before you take your next bite and you do not eat for more than 20 minutes and finally you do not drink Water until 20 minutes after the meal.

Her suggestions for transition foods were:

mushed avocado with cottage cheese

low fat cream cheese with a bit of stevia

scrambled egg with cottage cheese

greek yoghurt with a pinch of cinnamon

mashed banana with a small amount of nut butter

thick butternut Soup

She even suggested some overcooked cous-cous added to any of the above for a bit of texture. Finally she said that a lot of the baby weaning books have great recipes for kids to wean. books by Annabel Karmel have some great, tasty options (I remember making them for my kids and now I plan to make them for me hehehe)

Hope that helps give you some variation!

Follow your plan. Each phase gets easier.

You had major surgery, the post op diet phases were designed to help the recovery of your stomach.

You can do it!

The Gastric Balloon is not considered MAJOR surgery.

The Gastric Balloon is not considered MAJOR surgery.

I responded to this in the new posts tab. The OP did not list their surgery type.

Regardless of the surgery type, they need to follow their plan.