Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(Apple Health ) Other acceptable Co-Morbidities aside from the top 4.

I'm curious to know if there's any one out there with Medicaid though Washington State who has gotten approved with disabilities aside from the top 4. I've seen an extended list for regular insurance owners,but curious if medicaid adopts some of them on a case-by-case basis. (E.g GERD, Depression, etc.) Thanks in advance!

Update:

I'm using Molina BTW

I've heard conflicting info from everyone about what Molina WILL cover. I called Rockwood in Spokane and the representative said that with Molina, all you need is an BMI of 40.. that's enough. She explained that they do not take plain ole' medicaid..only Molina medicaid.

So, unconvinced, I called Apple Health Molina and was actually told by a representative there (including the Lead Rep) That there is 3 different ways to get approved.

A. BMI of 40 or over 100kg

Or

B. BMI of 35 or higher with one or more comorbidities.

Arthritis

sleep Apnea

High Blood Pressure

High Cholesterol

Type 2 Diabetes

Venous Stasis Disease (Collection of Blood in the Lower Limbs)

Congestive Heart Failure

Fatty Liver Syndrome

Gall Bladder Disease

Depression

Stroke or Stroke Risk

GERD (Acid Reflux Disease)

Or

C. BMI 30-35 with DM II or metabolic syndrome.

I asked the representative if I could have the bariatric program requirements in a file or letter.. she says that it couldn't be given to me as its used for them to review each case..and that I could obtain it through my PCP. That was the first time I heard of three ways to get approved for stage 1.

Thought I'd share!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I also have l Apple Health Molina and I'm starting my stage 2 I'll be going through UW. Thanks for the info

Sent from my LG-H811 using the BariatricPal App

Very awesome! I was approved in August and I'm barely finishing month one.. I've got all my appt. close together so I can hopefully finish everything by mid november! Otherwise I'd be finished about February.. congrats on your stage 2 approval! !

I Love being an RRT!

Saving Lives One Breath At A Time.

I also have l Apple Health Molina and I'm starting my stage 2 I'll be going through UW. Thanks for the info

Very awesome! I was approved in August and I'm barely finishing month one.. I've got all my appt. close together so I can hopefully finish everything by mid november! Otherwise I'd be finished about February.. congrats on your stage 2 approval! !

I Love being an RRT!

Thank you. It seems like we pretty much have the same timeline which is pretty neat. I hope things go really smoothly for you.

I Love being an RRT!

Thank you. It seems like we pretty much have the same timeline which is pretty neat. I hope things go really smoothly for you.

I appreciate that! Same for you! Patience is everything at this point...

I Love being an RRT!