Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Father's Day from BariatricPal! - June 2016

Happy Father's Day from BariatricPal!#subject#>

body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,form,fieldset,input,textarea,p,blockquote,th,td { margin:0; padding:0; }

table { border-collapse:collapse; border-spacing:0; }

fieldset,img { border:0; }

address,caption,cite,code,dfn,th,var { font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; }

caption,th { text-align:left; }

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6 { font-size:100%; font-weight:normal; }

q:before,q:after { content:''; }

abbr,acronym { border:0; }

address{ display: inline; }

html, body {

background-color: #d8dde8;

color: #5a5a5a;

}

body {

font: normal 13px helvetica, arial, sans-serif;

position: relative;

}

h3, strong { font-weight: bold; }

em { font-style: italic; }

img, .input_check, .input_radio { vertical-align: middle; }

legend { display: none; }

table { width: 100%; }

td { padding: 3px; }

a {

color: #225985;

text-decoration: none;

}

a:hover { color: #328586; }

div.outer { margin: 0 auto; padding: 14px; }

table.wrap { max-width: 800px; margin: 0 auto; }

td.logo {

background-color: #0f3854;

padding: 8px;

}

td.content {

background-color: #fff;

font-size: 14px !important;

color: black !important;

line-height: 150% !important;

padding: 8px;

}

ul {

margin-left: 25px;

}

Hey BariatricPal Members!

Happy Father’s Day from BariatricPal! Today is the day when we take some time to appreciate our fathers or any father figures in our lives even more than usual. We at BariatricPal hope you have some special time scheduled with your family to appreciate each other. We also hope you’re using this as another chance to re-energize your WLS success efforts, since there’s a good chance that part of the reason why you’re in this journey is because of your family.

If you are indeed looking for a little inspiration, we hope to give it to you! Here’s what you’ll find in this newsletter.

• Showing Gratitude with Health
  • dinner Dad’s Way: Easy Peasy and Healthy
  • Starting a Healthy Father’s Day Tradition

If that’s not enough to keep you motivated, there’s plenty more help over on the BariatricPal Forums. Don’t forget to logon and join the fun – after you’ve said “Thanks” and “I love you” to Dad, of course! Here’s to weight loss surgery and what it can do to strengthen your family!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder, BariatricPal

Showing Gratitude with Health

A Healthy You Is A Better You

Holidays like Father’s Day may make you think a little more about others. You might think about what you can do to be a better parent, or how you can show your parents how much you appreciate them. In all that generosity, you might forget about your own health, or feel guilty about focusing on yourself once in a while. After all, the pre-op prep and post-op recovery from weight loss surgery already demands a lot of time and energy that you aren’t spending on your family.

But, the weeks, months, and years following weight loss surgery are just as important. To succeed long term, you need to take care of yourself. And that’s not selfish. All of your loved ones benefit when you are energetic, happy, and healthy. You can be more involved in family activities, and save money on healthcare costs. The effort you put into your own health is not just for you. It’s for your family, too.

Share the Health

Your healthy behaviors don’t happen in a vacuum. They happen in the middle of real life, and that’s great. You can be an excellent role model for your children and spouse just by sticking to your commitments and intentions.

You can also actively involve them in a healthy lifestyle. You don’t need to be overbearing about. It can be as simple as inviting them to walk with you to the post office, letting them choose between carrot sticks and bell pepper strips when you pack lunches, and taking fun outings like hiking as a family. As health becomes the norm, your whole family can win.

Dinner Dad’s Way: Easy Peasy and Healthy

It may be a stereotype, but we’ll play along: not all dads are the best cooks. You may remember the occasional day in your childhood when Dad was responsible for looking after you and your siblings for the evening. What did you have for dinner? eggs? Cereal? Chinese takeout? Maybe you’re a father who’s guilty of this same behavior!

Hey, whatever works to keep the kids happy and fed, right? Well, we have a better option. Keep the kids happy while getting a weight loss meal for yourself with no extra effort. Sound good? Here’s the scoop.

Cereal for Dinner – a Classic “Dad” Dinner

If cereal is your go-to, take a look at The BariatricPal Store’s cereal choices with about 15 grams of Protein and only about 120 calories per serving. We’re not talking about tasteless “health” cereals here. We’re talking about old favorites like cocoa flavored pops and honey nut circles. Yum!

Add cow or soy milk for extra Protein, or serve it with almond milk for a low-cal cereal “dinner.” If you want to be a super-dad, offer your kids fresh fruit or treats like raisins, coconut, nuts, or even chocolate chips so they feel special on their evening home with Dad.

Cooking 101: Eggs

If there’s one thing a guy knows how to cook, it’s probably eggs. But if you don’t know how to cook eggs, or you didn’t stock up on fresh eggs, or you just don’t want to try to get your college cooking skills back by experimenting on your children, you have another choice: BariatricPal instant Protein Omelets. You can grab them from your pantry and get them ready in minutes. Each bacon and cheese or vegetable omelet packet has 15 grams of protein and 100 calories.

You can eat yours straight, but your children may want a little more oomph from Dad. Get your creative juices flowing and give them an omelet to remember! If your children like vegetables, make them a colorful, crunchy omelet with diced bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli florets, or any other veggie they love. You can eat the veggie omelet on its own, and serve it on toast for your kids. Top it with cheese, avocado slices, or salsa to make it a dinner to remember.

Chinese Takeout Minus the Weight Gain

Weigh the options. With Chinese takeout, you need to go get your food or wait up to an hour to be delivered. Then, you have way too many calories and carbs from fried rice, egg rolls, chow mein, and breaded sweet and sour chicken. The alternative? Grab a box of Spicy chicken Oriental from your pantry and serve the family in minutes. The meal has 240 calories and 14 grams of protein – that’s quite a bargain for delicious chicken and rice!

If you’re feeling super ambitious, start with Protein Fettuccine and Asian Inspired Pasta Sauce, and let your imagine take over. Toss in diced chicken or shrimp and bok choy and other vegetables, and serve up some healthy chow mein to make your children proud.

Starting a Healthy Father’s Day Tradition

If there’s one thing that makes a healthy lifestyle easier, it’s habit. You’re way more likely to get to the gym if you don’t stop to think about it. You’re way more likely to keep the junk food out of your grocery cart if you automatically steer past the aisles with packaged snack foods and frozen Desserts. And packing a healthy lunch is way easier if you just know what’s going to go into it each day.

So why not add another healthy behavior to your arsenal on this Father’s Day? You can kill two birds with one stone by spending some quality Dad time while you work on a new healthy tradition. It can be something for you and Dad, for you and your kids, or maybe for all three generations to look forward to every year. Here are a few ideas:

- Healthy barbecue with chicken breast, veggie or turkey burgers,

- An early morning fishing trip followed by feasting on your protein catch and a summer fruit salad to die for.

- A trip to the beach or a local park for some volleyball, swimming, soccer, or a treasure hunt (if you have young ones around!).

- A healthy gift exchange, with great gifts like a gift card to The BariatricPal Store, a set of partner training sessions for you and Dad with a personal trainer, or a sampler of grab and go protein Snacks like Protein Bars, salmon Jerky, and peanuts.

Whatever healthy tradition you start, you can rest easy knowing that’s one more day out of the year that you’ll be solidifying your healthy lifestyle while building those family ties. And when all is said and done, that’s what weight loss surgery is all about, right?

Thanks for reading the newsletter and supporting BariatricPal. Have a wonderful, safe, and healthy Father’s Day, and keep letting us know how your weight loss surgery journey is going. Let this be a summer to be proud of!

· Unsubscribe from all BariatricPal E-Mail.

open.php?u=14368495&id=c98503be463a44f98