Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low carb products

I don't know how to copy the comment relevant to my response yet - so this is about feeling sluggish without your vegetables. Me too!!! I added Amazing Grass - it is supposed to have the nutrition of 7 servings of vegetables and only has 30 calories. Mix it in Water with Crystal Light lemonade and pour in liquid B12 - shake up and drink away. Has worked like a charm the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

New Mia,

That was my comment. I will check out your suggestion. Thanks!

And if your phone app is like mine, you just click on the little bent arrow at the bottom right hand corner by the "like" icon of the post you want to reply to and then follow the prompt to write a reply and send. Easy peasy.

@@cseidman, I think the “slippery slope” concern depends on the individual. Some people do better with a substitute (like high-Fiber bread or low-carb Pasta or veggie noodles like zoodles) or a small amount of the real thing; others need to stay away so they don’t start wanting more and more carbs.

It’s like with junk food and cravings: some people do better with a bite of the real thing to satisfy their craving, while others need to stay away entirely to avoid a full-out binge.

I would think that Protein and then veggies would still be taking priority if space is still a precious commodity. Maybe a little later when you’re more calorie-conscious and trying to limit carbs/calories, you might want to choose some of the more nutritious options, like high-fiber bread and cauliflower rice.

@@Dub

Now I can wrap my head around that. Thanks for taking the time to explain how this works so I could get it. I always understood the importance of Protein but the Vitamin thing was throwing me off balance. I feel much more confident about negotiating this aspect of my new life after surgery now. Thank you!

You are quite welcome and I hope you don't let the new way of living throw you off.

It's actually very, very simple. So much more so than other conventional diets for non-wls folks.

Keep on the simple path and all will be well. You may get slightly bored at times with the diet....but please remember it is just a phase.....gut check time.....stick with it and advance to the next phase that will lead to more variety.......and so on.

Here's a culinary pro-tip for you in case you are unaware, like I was: There are a plethora of flavored tuna, salmon and chicken packaged in foil packets. These packets make a decent serving size for those early days. Flavors are wide ranging and very tasty. The Proteins are very moist and go down easy. No preparation required. My desk drawer at work stays loaded with them. Just beware that the Tai Chili flavors can be hawt.

Keep it simple.

Don't go muck things up by adding in foods that aren't directly relevant with the specific phase you find yourself in.

You've got this and have the ability to kick arse and take names.

@@Dub Where did you find that chicken in foil packs?

Thanks!

Slippery slope, stay far away IMO. You don't need fake Pasta or "low carb" tortillas. Adopt a way of eating that embraces the healthy choices you have, not something that substitutes a second-rate version of what is a crap food in the first place.

Beg your pardon, but what exactly is "crappy" about e. g. red lentil Pasta or bean pasta? And is real pasta really that "crappy"?

I'm sorry, but just because some low carb evangelists damn down pasta or rice or bread down into hell doesn't mean it belongs there.

And now before someone screams FOLLOW THE RULES AND LISTEN TO YOUR NUT AND SURGEON!!!!!11:

Pasta is fine to eat if you can stomach it. If not, stay away. That's what my NUTs says! (and of course they're never wrong and we should always follow their rules B)).