Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas!

She dosent have to tell anyone she works with she is having surgery. With FMLA it is PRIVATE their is no need to tell anyone they work with what is going on.

THAT is what I was saying. No need to lie just dont tell co-workers.

Hi y'all,

I have been reading LBT for quite a while and never posted before but found this small group of you that will be banded the same month I will be and hoped I might make a friend or two.

Let me introduce myself. I am 46 years old (but I think I'm 20) and live in Nashville TN. I work in the IT dept (computers) for a country music record label. I have been married 23 years and have no children. I have 4 dogs and 1 cat. Big animal lover. Now the bad news...I weight 250 pounds.

I have my banding scheduled on Dec 27, 2007 and am very excited but also a little nervous. Here are my concerns...

:kiss2:Will I always feel hungry? Will I miss food and wish I hadn't done it?

:kiss2:What if I have complications after surgery? If you read LBT, I'm sure you have read some of the horror stories.

:kiss2:How is my husband going to handle this major change in our marriage? No more going to buffets, no more extra large pizzas together, etc.

:kiss2:This PB issue sounds awful. I have a low tolerance to pain and am such a whiney baby when I get sick. I don't think I will be able to handle a PB.

That's it for now. Good luck to all the Merry Losers!!

--Puppy Love

December is finally here, and I am trying to stay calm as I prepare for surgery Dec 4. Nashville (the country music capitol of the world) is beautiful - I lived in Chattanooga back in the day and really love the actual 4 seasons. Here in Austin (the live music capitol of the world) there are 2 seasons, warm and hot, with a couple of frozen days and a couple of fall-ish days sprinkled in. At age 55, I would prefer the cooler weather!

I have 2 grown children who don't know about my plans for surgery. My daughter is in Iraq and I don't want her worrying about me. She and my son will both just see a thinner mom one of these days - then I will tell them. Of course my German Shepherd, my 14-year-old cat, and my 2 outside cats know ALL about the surgery. And I am driving my dear husband crazy with all my "what-ifs." He is a rock, thank goodness. Keep on posting and reading about other's experiences. It really helps. :bandit

Here are ten rules for eating, drinking and exercise that will help you get the best results you can with the LAP-BAND System. How willing you are to follow a new way of eating is key to making the operation a success.

1. Eat only three small meals a day
  2. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly (15-20 times a bite)
  3. Stop eating as soon as you feel full
  4. Do not drink while you are eating
  5. Do not eat between meals
  6. Eat only good quality food
  7. Avoid fibrous food
  8. Drink enough fluids during the day
  9. Drink only low-calorie fluids
  10. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day

Hi everyone,

I have my date all set for 11 December!! I will start the pre-op diet on 27 November. I'm not sure how i will manage that....I hate being hungry, I get dizzy and sweaty when I'm really hungry. Oh well I guess it is only for 2 weeks.

Anybody else having surgery around the same date?

I'm having my surgery on 12/3, but TIA I will be on a pre-op diet for one week beginning on 11/27, so I will join you for your first week.

Hi everyone,

I have my date all set for 11 December!! I will start the pre-op diet on 27 November. I'm not sure how i will manage that....I hate being hungry, I get dizzy and sweaty when I'm really hungry. Oh well I guess it is only for 2 weeks.

Anybody else having surgery around the same date?

Hi,

My surgery is on 3 December. I'm on a pre-op diet already and its gets better after the first 3-4 days. Just remember to have plenty of fluids between meals as this really does help beat the hunger. In the end the worst part is the head hunger.

Danna:hungry:

Wow, Carol! You only have to be on the pre-op diet for one week...thats fantastic. Very weird the way doctors advice differs. We will have to keep posting so that we can encourage each other, maybe draw stregnth from one another...Best of luck to you.

Hi Sewen, not long till the op now! Are you on a liquid diet? And your feeling well? Good luck to you, hope all goes smoothly with the op.

Wow, Carol! You only have to be on the pre-op diet for one week...thats fantastic. Very weird the way doctors advice differs. We will have to keep posting so that we can encourage each other, maybe draw stregnth from one another...Best of luck to you.

Hi Sewen, not long till the op now! Are you on a liquid diet? And your feeling well? Good luck to you, hope all goes smoothly with the op.

It is pretty much liquid. It's a Meal Replacement - Optifast - it comes in shakes, Soups, a Meal Replacement bar and desert. They are ok but they take a bit of getting use to.

Danna

sewenup1, I was on an Optifast diet for 14 weeks. Just to give you some ideas to make it easier. Make sure you get in 64 ounces of Water in addition to your shakes. It really helps with the losing and keeping you from being hungry. I was completely satisfied. I mixed up the vanilla with Coke, root beer or an orange soda sometimes for a different taste (diet and caffein-free that is). I used the flavored waters from Walmart also. The cherry or black cherry is scrumptious with the chocolate Optifast. The kiwi-strawberry really adds to the strawberry Optifast. I like variety. But I was never hungry on the 5 shakes a day. YOU CAN DO IT.

I thought about it and decided to tell family/friends up front about the LB surgery. I think this will help me try harder because if everyone knows it and I don't lose anything, I'll be embarrassed.

But I totally understand your reasoning for not telling your daughter in iraq. She has enough to worry about, I'm sure. I know you are very proud of her. Please thank her for me for her service to this country.

Dec 4th is very close. Have you started your pre-op diet? Will you not be eating turkey this week?

My surgery is on the 19 and I dont have to start my liquid diet till the 12th. But I am already planning my meals out. The hard thing for me is no snacking between meals. Even healthy snacking is wrong. I have a hard time with that.

I start the pre-op diet on 12/12. I'm trying to get my mind around the fact that my life is going to change forever. It's like I'm getting a divorce from food! I really love to eat....but I have to get some control! I wonder how long before you don't crave food all the time?