Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

trying to still be positive

i havent met the surgeon yet so i am not on any preop diet but i feel a little disappointed with myself. i went 1 month without any fast food and only had 2 sodas, well i just slipped again, i had mcdonalds last week and i had it again today. i was doing so well and now i am worried that i am headed down a bad path. even though i have slipped i am trying not to eat bad and am trying to be positve about what is ahead for me. any feedback?

thanks andrea

We all have our ups and downs--before the band as well as after. Don't be too hard on yourself--it sounds like you are making some great forward strides on your road to health. Keep it up, you'll do just fine. Good luck with your surgeon!

I read on this board "nothing tastes as good as thin / healthy feels" and I bet that McDonald's really didn't taste so great. Before my pre-op I did a huge "good-bye food tour" which caused me to gain 10 extra pounds :girl_hug:

Hang in there, take one meal at a time, so you messed up...move forward and don't focus on the negative but all the good healthy meals you have had. Don't fall into the trap, well I messed up once, I might as well give up! Get back on your healthy horse and make your next meal a good one.

Yes. You messed up. OK. Done. Let it go and move forward. You are in controll and you must remember that. Dont beat yourself up it only leads to more "mess ups". Tomorrow is another day. If you go a week w/o fast food, reward youself with one treat so you can contuine to good but also look forward to your goal!

i just found out today that everything is a go and i will be meeting the the surgeon soon, i now have a choice of the new surgeon Dr.louer he used to work in cleveland but is now at emmc bangor maine. im told that i will be his 3rd patient scheduled during his first month here. i hope my meeting with him goes well, i am excited. i just told my husband and he thinks that i am taking the easy way out and that i should just eat better. go figure. the easy way out. what is he thinking?

andrea

Congrats, Andrea! That is just awesome. Yeah, we've all heard comments like your husband's--I hope he can be supportive of you because you will need it. People who don't struggle with weight as we do just have no idea. Good luck to you!

i had a bad week this week i had pizza and chinese and ice cream all in one week. i have been doing ok but ive had alot of down time and ive been snacking like crazy. today i must have eaten 7 times. one thing that is positve is that i am feeling guilty and am getting sick of take out food or making bad choices. i am actually thinking about hopping on the treadmill and i also bought a lot of fruits this week. i noticed also that this week i found out my date on meeting with my surgeon and i think subconsciousley i am a little scared and overwhelmed so that why i ate this way. any thoughts or feedback would help and i think i am going to exercise now, the first time in 3 months.

andrea

Oh can I relate! Eating after the band isn't gonna be as hard as trying to control yourself before the band (otherwise there wouldn't be any success stories, would there!). I was also lucky that I didn't have a pre-op diet (my doctor thinks they are unnecessary and people probably wouldn't be able to follow them anyway), but I absolutely GORGED myself on Chinese food the day before surgery (I suffered all night with a stomach ache, I ate so much....was that DUMB, or what!), but my attitude about food has changed since the band. I still stumble sometimes, but I get right back up.

i am starting to get really nervous now that things are almost at the end. i kind of feel like im having second thoughts. i first started this program in nov. last year but backed out for a while then started back into it in may after my friend had the bypass. i read the letter stating when to meet with the surgeon and my husband said are you really going to go through with it. he has doubted me all this time and now that i am getting closer to surgery hes not being supportive. i know that something has to change in my life because i didnt even dare to go gocarting with my son today because i am to fat to fit into the gocart. talk about feeling depressed. i am scared that i wont lose the weight then what. does anyone have these feeling right before surgery?

andrea

Oh, for sure, Andrea. Having second thoughts is perfectly normal (not having second thoughts is probably NOT normal, actually). Good luck to you and congrats on your progress. Hang in there--you WILL succeed!

Andrea I know how you feel.

My surgery is this friday and I was having second thoughts as well.

I lost nine pounds on my pr-op diet and I was thinking hey I can just diet again.

I was 248 now 239.

I also found two of those pounds this morning.

I ate good but ate too late last night.

I have had some emotional days where I wish I could overeat but I dont.

I need this band!

I am sure of my descision like never before now.

Fyi my ex husband came back into my daughters life recently and referred to me as a football player yesterday.

ASSHOLE!

sORRY had to get that out!

It actually made me cry last night!

I remembered so much of how he use to treat me after the birth of my daughter when I had gained alot of weight.

Very painful for me.

But he was there for my daughter and not for me so I had to channel that anger elsewhere!

Like with roast and vegetables)small portions and a glass and a half of sangria)

I know not good but I wanted to relax.

You see sometimes we all mess up.

We all get down but the trick is not to stay there!

I'm getting on my treadmill today!

When I get down to my desired weight you better watch out world!

Hang in there honey!

thanks for the feedback i really appreciate it. it is hard when people comment on how you look. i am happy for you that your going through with the band. i went to work today and talked to my boss and told her that i am having second thoughts and she was very supportive and said dont you dare you come this far . that helped and she has also ok'd me to take time off for the surgery, she even told me that i could stay with her if i needed help. she said that she hates to see me take to much time off because im the only massage therapists at work but she will support me, i do wish i had more support from my husband, other than that no one else knows that i am doing this so i am pretty much going through this alone. i hope i have the strength and will power to succeed.

andrea