Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IMA LOSER NOW!! heehee!!

747362.jpg HAHA!! dance.gif I DID IT!!! I DID IT!! I DID IT!!! clap.gif I GOT BANDED TODAY!!! I was so nervous!!

AND FOR NOTHING!! Ortiz's staff was completely professional and efficient and so very kind!! We've had quite a few laughs here too!! LOL cool2.gif

I'm currently writing you from my hospital bed. They have wifi and a flatscreen TV with sattellite in each of its private room!!

The only discomfort is UPPER ABS (LIKE AFTER A GOOD WORKOUT or AFTER YOU'VE BEEN SICK WITH A COUGH FOR A WHILE AND THOSE MUSCLES ARE SORE) and where my port was placed. It's still swollen there, but I've been assured it will go down soon. I can feel the outline of the port.. Docs told me that since my BMI was on the low side, my port might stand out more. HE SAID IN 6 MONTHS THEY WILL MOVE IT `FOR FREE `IF ITS AN ISSSUE!! thumbsup.gif

Earlier this evening, I woke up from a nap with cottonmouth..... So without thinking, I took a couple of big gulps from my melted ice. eek.gif OUCH! Felt pain similar to having a huge glob of peanutbutter stuck there!!! Walked around quite a bit after. That helps. I guess that's a common early side effect of band. There's also a cute little gizmo that you inhale deeply into 10 x's and that helps move around the air in ur lungs. Watever it is, it really helps! (bring GAS EX strips with you! A total must!!)

A couple of the patients had issues with throwing up afterwards.... Poor dears..... But they still trooped a long as the 4 of us walked around the clinic dragging along our IV poles in our hospital gowns and paper underwear!! SEXY!! sexy.gif HAHAHA!

BTW, there was NO CATHATER needed or used, nor were any of us intubated for the general!!!! Those wew 2 things I was pretty nervous about..... angst.gif

Well, I was just given a pill to help me sleep and it's kicken in!!! bed.gif I hope everything I've said makes sense!! I've taken tons of fotos, so as soon a i get a journal started, I'll upload those.....

Big hugs to all of yoy, and thank you so much for your prayers!!!!!angel.gif

Kimmie sleeping.gif

Congratulations! I'm so glad you are doing well. I hope you continue to feel well in the coming days. Keep us updated on your progress

Awesome smiley use, btw! Congratulations on a smooth surgery! I'm excited for you!!

Thanks so much for sharing. I am scheduled w/ Dr. Ortiz on 08/31 and am pretty nervous. Did you lose all the required weight for the surgery? I am having such a hard time w/ the preop diet as I'm just feeling so HUNGRY....

Thanks so much for sharing. I am scheduled w/ Dr. Ortiz on 08/31 and am pretty nervous. Did you lose all the required weight for the surgery? I am having such a hard time w/ the preop diet as I'm just feeling so HUNGRY....

Hi there!!

It's so normal to get nervous before the surgery. But honestly, they are all so kind and gentle and professional there! Once you're there you'll totally relax!!:clap2:

No, I didn't lose all the required weight before. Had a VERY hard time... Especially at night (my weakest time!!):confused:. But my BMI was on the lower side, so I guess I was lucky that they didn't turn me away on the day of surgery.

I kept searching every lap band web site I could trying to find someone who was as bad as me on the pre op diet. Wasn't sucessful. Kept getting sweet replies that said "you can do it!!", "You want this more than food!" and "you are in control of the food, it doesn't control you!!".... Sadly, although all of that was true, it didn't get rid of the demons in my head that said I was starving!!!!!:think So, I'm NOT a good one to ask about the pre op diet. Sorry.

It's now the second night after my LB, it's late at night, and I was having those strong MENTAL hunger pangs. :hungry: I'm still at the hotel and I did great eating chicken broth and Jello today, but after midnight... well... I broke down and ordered a quesadilla and proceeded to chew it up and spit it out!!:omg: Now that's SICK!! :faint:

I took pictures of the disgusting plate full of chewed food for my journal to remind me of what an idiot I was!! I'm sooooooo happy that that mound of food wasn't in my stomach, but it was soooo stupid of me, and I DO NOT want to risk any LB complications!! I was a self pay, and the thought of wasting all that money just kills me.

If anyhting, I hope you can learn from my mistakes and not screw up like I just did. :( I didn't swallow any of the food, but I'm angry at myself for my lack of self control. My hunger wasn't real!! It was just the strong almost uncontrollable need to munch on something.