Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are/were you looking forward to being able to do post-surgery?

This past weekend we went camping with some friends and we were on the lake with kayaks and paddle boards. I am looking forward to the moment post surgery when I don't wonder- what is the weight limit on this thing? I hope I don't look like an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I want to try to ride a bike. I know that seems simple enough and I know I have lost enough know that I can, but I still live in fear a lot of people staring at me! So silly. I need to get over it. I really wanted to swing in a swing at the children's playground. (Sort of a silly one.) I did that about a month ago and smiled from ear to ear!

Today I walked to the grocery store and picked up a couple of items and walked back home. It is only 1 mile to the store, but here in Texas, we drive EVERYWHERE! I kept thinking people would be staring at me since I was in workout clothes and had my earphones in but I just sucked it up and walked in. Funny thing is, I know that people are not quite as interested in looking at me as I think they are....

Sort of like you, I want to be able to climb trees (for archery) and sit in a tree stand without worrying that it's going to break because I weigh too much!

Edited by thisgirlhunts

I want to be able to play soccer with my 9 year old. We have always kicked the ball back and forth, but his soccer league has family pick up games during the summer, and I'm looking forward to being able to play in them!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Walking and biking all day without getting sore feet, worn out, or miserable. I love to walk and explore, but have felt limited because of my weight. I'm one month post op and 40 lbs down, and kept up with my partner without getting too out of breath. When it came time to climb a small mountain, I ran up the steep path without fear of slipping. In this last week I've ridden a bike around an island, walked all day around Toronto, walked up several flights of stairs, and taken on challenges I'd normally hesitate about. I feel so liberated at 253! I nearly come to tears thinking about how I'll feel when I'm another 50 lbs down. So exciting!!

Edited by Ruth1ess

Yep- the driving everywhere in Texas thing is so true. Maybe once I am down to a happy weight I will also start walking to/from work every day. I live less than a mile from the school I teach at and my son is there too in pre-k so maybe I'll load him up in the jogging stroller and walk to work a few days a week.

I'm looking forward to being able to play with my critter without getting winded--I can chase the soccer ball around for a couple minutes now and then I am done. I want his energy!

I'm looking forward to wearing non-plus-size clothes. I want to wear the cute stuff!

I'm looking forward to being able to walk a 5k by the end of the year.

I am looking forward to being able to walk through a store like Walmart with out using a ride on being able to stand up long enough to cook a meal. To be able to put my own shoes and socks on. But most of all to get off all this medication.

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Do you have to go through a clearance for plastic surgery? How much time do you to have to stay in wait bed ?

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

This past month, my fiancé, best friend, and I went to the Ohio state spring game. Every time we go, it's always at least a 2 mile walk just to the stadium from the car. With no hills, I was almost in tears because of how bad my legs hurt so my goal is to be able to spend all day walking around and enjoying myself rather than asking everyone to stop and wait for 10 minutes while I muster up the energy to walk another 50 yards.

I am at goal now and I have to encourage all of you that it is fantastic to meet theses goals! I still marvel sometimes as I sit in church with my legs crossed or almost burst into tears when I slip into a size 10 anything! My deciding point was in the Spring of 2014 when I just could not handle walking around a park all day with my sons Boy Scout Troop...we were constantly on the move all day and it killed my legs, feet EVERYTHING! 7 months post surgery, I went Zip Lining with them and it was the most empowering moment in my life. I had avoided that trip the year before because of the weight limit, of course, and it was so awesome! Hang in there and you will be able to do all of those things you want to do.

I haven't had surgery yet. But recently I was thinking about how when I travel I'll fit into the airplane seat better.

And maybe going to an amusement park, and zip lining. A lot of things I hadn't considered possible for me, that are now becoming goals.