Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my sleeve this past Thursday & I feel horrible. Still have a lot of gas & pain. I've been walking some but not as much as I can (I know this will help with the pain & gas.) My main concern is that I can't tolerate anything. I've only been able to take a few sips ofwater & Protein Shakes before I start to feel nauseous. Any suggestions on how to get pass this? I don't wanna get dehydrated & end up in the hospital.

Have you tried hot fluids? I had a lot of difficulty with the cold Protein shakes and cold Water, but warmed broth seems to go right down. I also had my sugary on the 12th. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm about to try some broth now. I've tried room temp Water & it goes down a little better, but not much. Thanks for the tips.

Had my sleeve this past Thursday & I feel horrible. Still have a lot of gas & pain. I've been walking some but not as much as I can (I know this will help with the pain & gas.) My main concern is that I can't tolerate anything. I've only been able to take a few sips ofwater & Protein shakes before I start to feel nauseous. Any suggestions on how to get pass this? I don't wanna get dehydrated & end up in the hospital.

I went through the the same thing. I had mine done on April 20th. I ended up to the point that a shower was enough to make me want to pass out. I got some pedialite, that helped. I also would get crushed ice. Like from sonic or wherever you have local. That helped me more than anything. At about 5 or 7 days I had Greek yogurt.. I watered it down with almond milk. That was a HUGE boost. Mentally and physically.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Had my sleeve this past Thursday & I feel horrible. Still have a lot of gas & pain. I've been walking some but not as much as I can (I know this will help with the pain & gas.) My main concern is that I can't tolerate anything. I've only been able to take a few sips ofwater & Protein shakes before I start to feel nauseous. Any suggestions on how to get pass this? I don't wanna get dehydrated & end up in the hospital.

I went through the the same thing. I had mine done on April 20th. I ended up to the point that a shower was enough to make me want to pass out. I got some pedialite, that helped. I also would get crushed ice. Like from sonic or wherever you have local. That helped me more than anything. At about 5 or 7 days I had Greek yogurt.. I watered it down with almond milk. That was a HUGE boost. Mentally and physically.

I was thinking about some crushed ice earlier & I'll try that to help prevent dehydration. I didn't think about the Pedialite but I have a feeling that's gonna make me nauseous too. My nausea medicine is even my enemy at this point. I know I made the right decision getting the surgery but these past few days have been absolute H E L L!!!

I couldn't handle the broths, and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Soups... I got to where the thought of them made me want to hurl. Once I finally tried Greek yogurt, even though it was early... it was so tastefully satisfying that I got over the complete he'll I was going through.

Anything warm has helped me. Water and even my fave crystal light is not going down easy.. Hope you feel better! I am sure in teh sme boat!

My surgery was on the 10th, so I'm just a couple days ahead of you. The first week has been way more difficult than I expected! I've never been a person to throw up easily, or even experience much nausea, so I thought this would be the same. Nope. The nausea and vomiting has been awful. And the medicine is so gross I throw up almost every time I take it. but the good news? I haven't thrown up once today! (Knock on wood) I know I'm not getting the required fluids and Proteins, but I am getting a little more each day. I can't think of anything I actually enjoy eating right now, but here are some of the tolerable items: Soup broth, Popsicles, carnation instant Breakfast, and iced tea with lemon. Weirdly, what I'm craving is something spicy. I'd love some chips and salsa right about now. A friend is bringing us some of her homemade chicken tortilla Soup, and I can't wait to enjoy some of that broth!

Hang in there. You will feel better soon. You just went through a major surgery and your body needs to heal / adjust. Try to get your Water and Proteins daily. This is what you need to focus on. Regarding Water, I need to add flavor to it. I can't drink it without. You should try it too. I am almost 2 months out (surgery on March 22) and things get better. Take care.

Mines was may 10 this past Tuesday and quite know ur feeling just to well. Trying to get fluids in is a mission it hurts when it goes down n gives me this wave like pain.. I absolutely love Water but that and Protein shakes has been my mission .. Yesterday and today Sunday was a way better day my tummy likes Vitamin Water zero with ice (plus I'm still getting Vitamins in instead of boring water at this point) to get my Protein in I premake my shake at night ( im on pure protein) i add two scoops to make sure i get my protein in at one shot,and when I wake up I put it in my used water or Vitamin water bottle and I sip all day .. The first few days obviously was hell I didn't know how I would get anything in but u will get and and with effort its what matters try try try / soooo glad I took the step to get sleeved best decision ever start weight 361 current weight 336

Sent from my C6530N using the BariatricPal App

I thought people were "just saying that" to make me feel better, when they would say "hang in there it gets better." No, seriously, it does. I went from what the hell...did I just do... to around day 12.. feeling noticeably better. 15, felt great. Still feeling great. I notice at work I start feeling tired around 5 pm. Other than that.. and being on about 10 days of stall... things are good. So, really, hang in there... it honestly does get better.

2nd day after surgery I was a wreck... I had to go do upper GI to check for any leaks... Now this liquid would be the first thing I would drink after the surgery, they tell me to try to take larger amount in and I am like but I can't I have to sip... Then then laid me to check other angles except to turn to the sides after abdominal surgery it's pretty hard... So I am tearing up, then these techs are like what is your favorite food so they can get my stomach working... I am like are you seriously asking me this question after I have been on liquid diet for 2 weeks and just had this done and can't have any of those things I would have eaten in the past lol man, I got so emotional, I felt like they didn't have any compassion ugh... I am better now,going on 4th day.