Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I have to much restriction??

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out here..

I'll give you somewhat of a short version -

I was banded on 5/10/07 and followed my Dr's orders for all foods after surgery.

Received my first fill on 6/21/07 - I had some restriction but after 5 wks or so, I could eat much more and pretty much everything I wanted.

I just got my second fill and oh boy, I think it's tight. I am having to take the SUPER SMALL bites (which I never really had to before). I'm having to chew, chew, chew, chew (which I never really had to before)

I'm not eating much at all, but I'm not getting sick either.

I had my second fill 5 days ago and even drinking, I'm having to nurse my drinks.< /strong>

Here is an example of what I ate today.

Breakfast - Protein Shake (took 1.5 hours to drink)

lunch - 1/4 cup Beans with cheese, sour cream & salsa (ate 1/2 of it, too 40 minutes to eat that)

dinner - 1 chicken nugget, 3 pieces of hominey (30 minutes to eat)

Now I'm wondering, am I to tight or is this normaland I just haven't had to do this before?

I'm going on a cruise in 3 weeks and I don't want to be to tight but then again, I sure don't want to eat everything in sight.

Any input is very much appreciated!!!

Or my journal LOL

seems as if we're going through the exact same thing. I'm extremely tight from my end feel, but not sick.....

I've also lost over 8 lbs since then.... and my doctor says if I don't lose 7 lbs in a month, I need another fill the following month.

How is your activity level?

Or my journal LOL

seems as if we're going through the exact same thing. I'm extremely tight from my end feel, but not sick.....

I've also lost over 8 lbs since then.... and my doctor says if I don't lose 7 lbs in a month, I need another fill the following month.

How is your activity level?

My activity level is good - My goal is to work out 5x's a week but do good if I make it 3 or 4.

I'm getting use to the restrition that I have so really, it's not that bad now! Actually is kind of nice not to be hungry and not think about "what am I going to eat now"... the hard thing though, it makes me not want to cook for my hubby and son. But they don't let me forget that they are still hungry :blush:

Just be careful, I'm been banded for one year now and my fills never fully take effect for 4 weeks. I'm 4 weeks out right now from a very little fill of .20, ( I have the small band) and I pb'd last night. Very tight. I just don't want you to be miserable on the cruise. I loose less when I'm so tight that I can't eat food than I do when I can eat. Sounds crazy but it's true.

Hugs,

Sherri Jo

If you cook ahead of time for your family....

You can put small amounts of food in the uber small tupperware dishes (they hold like a quarter cup of food)

Buy yourself some cute little dishes... it makes the food seem like more...

I have a question about my current fill level too and am hoping you guys can shed some light. I had my last fill done in the middle of April and am at 4cc. I thought it was good and I could eat small amounts and PB'd occasionally when I tried to eat too much. But about 2 weeks ago it seems like it got tighter. I try to eat approx. 1/4 cup and I PB like every time I eat now (not all the food but a good portion). Has anyone had this happen to them after so long after a fill??? I got a blood clot in my leg after surgery and it resulted in me losing my job and I am a self pay patient so I cannot afford to see my doctor right now. I was stuck with losing any weight but I weighed myself yesterday and I've lost 6 more pounds so that's good. I just hate PB'ing all the time and I know it's not good for my innards... Think I just need to use the 'uber small tuperware' too to measure out my food better? My mom's super worried I am going to become anorexic.

I would say that whether you can afford it or not, you need to find a way to see your doctor. Are you getting fluids down?

Christiana, have you went back to nothing but liquids for a few days to see if that resolves the sudden change in restriction? Oftentimes, one bad PB can cause residual swelling for several days, and when you continue to eat, causing the stomach to force food through the small already irritated opening, it just stays swollen. When you go back to nothingbut liquids, and drink sme Protein Shakes, you give it a chance to really heal itself. Then slowly add in a day of mushies, and work your way back to a normal diet, and see if that helps your problem. Since it come on the way it did, it really sounds as if you just need to give it a total rest.

If I sound experienced at what you are going through---I am!!! I ate corn on the cob one night, and either ate too much, or did something and I never really PB'd but I hurt like hell for hours. Then every time I ate, it hurt. So on another bandsters recommendation I went to total liquids for 2 days, then mushies for 2 days. By that time I was feeling the hunger again, and was able to eat just fine again! Seems like it might be worth a try!

Good Luck!

Kat

:help: I was banded 9-13-06. I have the 11cm VG band. I've had several fills. I had little restriction until 2 fills ago and then I could tell there was some restriction there. I had my last fill Monday 8-27-07. I now have 9cc's in my band. Since that time, I have been extremely tight. On Monday afternoon/night I was not able to take in and keep down anything, not even liquids. On Tuesday, I drank 8oz. fat-free milk with Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed in it and a 3.3oz DanActive yogurt drink. I tried Crystal Light - tiny sips - and it hurt so bad then came back up. On Wednesday, I drank just enough fat-free milk to take my blood pressure pill and again the pressure was almost unbearable. It felt like my chest was going to explode! :phanvan For lunch I brough a Campbell's Soup To Go (tomato with nothing solid in in) - I finally got it down although it took almost 2 hours! I was able to drink a 3.3 oz DanActive yesterday afternoon. Then after that nothing would go down without severe pressure, then it would come back up. Even room temperature tap Water would not stay down. This morning I mixed up a CIB with fat-free milk and managed to take my blood pressure pill - again with tons of pressure. I am worried about becoming dehydrated. I want the restriction to be there because I'm tired of losing only 3 or 4 pounds every 6 weeks, but I don't want this to go on and on either. I've lost 7 pounds since they weighed me on Monday :) but it's been a rough road.

SO...my question is this: do you guys think I'm too tight and need to have a tiny bit removed or suck it up and wait this out?

Thanks for the help!!

Susan

I'm in the same boat right now...and I just make an appointment for an unfill...I know losing 3lbs every six weeks isn't what we expected to be losing, but its better than gaining or maintaining, and it sucks not being able to even drink anything. We shouldn't be in pain while drinking. I just had a few sips of coffee and that was enough to get me into a wrything fit!

Humnbirdnut I also just received a fill that I am trying to figure out if it is to tight. I have lost 9 lbs. in a week. I am having problems with solids. I can do liquids with no problem at all. I think your right to be worried about becoming dehydrated. If I were you I would ask them to take a tiny bit out. I am giving myself a few more days to see how I do but I may need to be having some removed also.

It's hard to make that phone call when you finally have restriction and are losing weight quickly.

I still feel like I'm choking and have not even attempted to drink anything else. I am so very thirsty and my tummy is rumbly :) - but I don't want to hurt again, ya know?? I have not heard from my dr yet so I am still unsure of what to do. :D It's a 60 mile :) one way to their office but if that is what I have to do so be it.

Don't get me wrong, every 3 or 4 pounds is a :whoo:happy happy thing! It's 3 or 4 I'm not carrying around anymore.

Thanks for the input. Good luck!!

Susan

I would get in the car and start heading that way....no doubt about it. Call them from your cell and tell them you are on your way!! If you can't even get liquids down then you are dangerously tight.

Thanks for all the feedback! You guys are great!! I took 2 little sips of a DanActive yogurt drink and the dash for the bathroom was on!! :think Even though I took really really small sips, there was extreme pressure when I swallowed - the pain remained and slightly intensified just before the dash to the bathroom! So, I have called the office, but got their answering service. So I left a message and hopefully I will get a call back soon. I work at a hospital and get off work at 3pm (Central time) so if I need to head over there maybe my supervisor will let me leave early.

I will let ya'll know.......

Susan

Did you tell the answering service that this is an emergency?? They can be such numbskulls.