Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! You know it best!

I'm 6 weeks out and have been having issues since week 3. food and liquids seem to have a hard time going down. First pain in my upper abdomen and then some times it resolves and sometime I have to vomit. This is not every time I eat or drink. Some times what goes down easily one day, refuses to go down the next. I am not drinking while eating, I am eating slowly, and I am chewing the crap out of each bite. I went to my surgeon and told him all of this. I could tell he was rolling his eyes at me and probably thinking I was eating too fast or not chewing enough. I asked for an endoscopy to rule out a structure.

Well....I had my endoscopy yesterday. The results were--my tissue had been rejecting the staples placed on the day of surgery. One of which was lodged in the opening to my new stomach. (Food was getting hung up on it) 11 more staples were also removed since they migrated away from where they originally were. I developed an ulcer (erosion from the staple sitting where it didn't belong) and therefore developed a structure. (The opening, according to my gastro, should be between 13-15 mm and mine is 8mm.). Since I'm only 6 weeks out, my gastro didn't want to balloon the opening yet. He placed me on carafate to help heal the ulcer, put me back on liquids (not like I could eat much more than that anyway) and will dilate the opening in "a few more weeks" when I'm more healed. If that doesn't work, he will place a stent and hopefully that will keep it opened. UGH! (If all else fails, I will be looking at a revision

The lesson here is this. Listen to your body. You know it best. Be your own advocate especially when you KNOW something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How awful for you! So sorry you experienced this. There are always exceptions to the awesomeness of gastric bypass or any WLS, and you unfortunately seem to be one. Hoping all goes well for you. Good for you on demanding that the surgeon do an endoscopy! You are so correct that we know our own body's and when something isn't right, we should be listened to by any doctor!

Hello I had my on April 21 2016... And about week 3 I could not eat or drink anything at all went to the hos a few time to get fluids... Finally last Tuesday I did a endoscopy and they found my opening was to small they did the balloon it helped but not 100 percent in able to drink now ;) but I still feel sick but do not throw up and I totally under stand about the doc like not believing you... After weeks of bitching hah he has me drink Water and I throw up on the floor in the office then they said ok this is serious...

Yes I would they didn't ballon me all the way because they said I was heal they will do it again in 2 week after that if that doesn't work I have to go back into surgery in 4-6 weeks

Edited by Marie Ventrella

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches